Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-03-17 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it worth catching up and getting up to date with it?

so many shows, hard to invest my time in a new one!
    Hi

I think every show out there can pull out a 4 star episode. The tough part is doing that episode after episode and season after season and Persons Of Interest is one of my favorite shows as I don't think there's been an episode yet where I haven't been entertained. It's got great characters, action, humour, and drama. They also do a great job with villains and secondary characters. Heck, earlier this year they had an episode that followed a new character around with the lead characters only on for a few minutes of the episodes. Not many shows would even attempt something like that.

<spoiler>As for Fusco he got saved last week by Carter. I think the more interesting aspect is it wasn't Reese or Finch who saved him though. You wonder if there might be a bit of tension within the team because of that. I can't wait to find out what the virus will do (aside from apparently shutting down the machine). Only 2 episodes to go with the season finale next week. </spoiler>

10+ Year Old Account
    Great series, I haven't watched the three latest episodes yet, but it consistantly entertains me. Not sure if it counts as a spoiler but Root is all kinds of crazy, I can't wait to see how her plans manifest next!

Ben Linus grew to be one of my favorite characters in LOST, so I gave this a shot when it first came out due to Michael Emerson. Felt too "monster of the week" for me, and gave up after 3-4 episodes. Has it gotten better or just more of the same?

Deleted
    I don't know why but I just love this series. The chemistry between John and Finch is awesome, as well as Fusco. The rest of the cast is tolerable at least. This latest series has thrown the whole Machine plot in a turmoil, and it's coming to a head now on the 9th of May.

Funny thing, it looks like I opened this thread on this Sunday, but I have no memory of it, in fact, I came here looking for a thread about this series, and found this one. Oh well. Beer.

Or the Machine!

Or beer.

Meh. It's an awesome series. Watch.

A little bit of a weird season finale with Fusco not even shown and Carter's storyline not given much time but loved everything else out. I loved the machine helping out Reese. Loved the "Turn Right" gag including the shocked look of the pilots. Not too surprised at them not finding the machine but the shocked at the one guy getting killed and the machine "talking" to Root.

Can't wait for Season 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is it worth catching up and getting up to date with it?

so many shows, hard to invest my time in a new one!
    It's a quite good series, I think it is worth the time. Depends on what you like though.

Looks like POI is being moved to Tuesdays at 10 in the Fall and Sarah Shahi (aka Shaw) is now a regular cast member.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/1...r-for-season-3

Don't mind the time change as I just record my shows and watch them in one night. Tuesdays though are looking very busy though with NCIS and Shield. I like Shaw being added to the cast but as others have wondered what happens to Carter and Fusco. I don't mind Fusco getting knocked off.

Deleted
    I hate to necro this thread from five months ago, but goddamnit this series is still spectacular. It's not your A-list Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad type of shit, but it's on the top of the B-list definitely. Aahoo (that's really her name) "Sarah" Shahi is very nice in it, Michael Emerson is doing an insane job always, it has an incredible movie star in Jim Caviezel, and the plot line is so awesome.

If you're not watching Person of Interest you're doing a disservice to yourself. If you like any B-grade series (those not winning Emmies really), then watch this one.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-03-17 at 09:54 PM.

I won't spoil it for anyone but I'm still in shock over this week's episode. Just wow!

I'm reviving this thread because Season 4 just ended, and in my opinion it's the best show on air right now. I hope it gets renewed for a fifth season.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 4-5 episodes behind in Season 4 mainly because there is just too much TV and I was waiting til it and other shows ended to finish it up. While I wouldn't say it's my favorite show on TV, it is a highly underrated show that should get more viewers. Reese and Finch play very well off each other and Root is just awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I'm reviving this thread because Season 4 just ended, and in my opinion it's the best show on air right now. I hope it gets renewed for a fifth season.
    Me too! otherwise its the worst cliff hanger EVER!

Deleted
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...-with-season-5

The fifth and last season starting on May 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, didn't realize there was an older PoI thread.

Folks should go catch up from Netflix. It has s1 through s4.
    Last edited by Sett; 2016-03-18 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Ben Linus grew to be one of my favorite characters in LOST, so I gave this a shot when it first came out due to Michael Emerson. Felt too "monster of the week" for me, and gave up after 3-4 episodes. Has it gotten better or just more of the same?
    Years late, but yes; it matures out of that.

This show is fantastic. It has the singularly best bromance in all of television. I could watch entire shows of Finch and Reese just talking. They are both incredibly intelligent borderline paranoid men who don't trust anyone but desperately want to. The depth that these two actors play at astounds me. And yet they keep it from getting heavy.

Just the right amount of action. A wry sense of humor. Carter (is) fantastic. Samine makes me laugh as much as Reese. Root is just off-balance enough to play a perfect foil to Finch. And her relationship with Samine is pretty great too.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-03-18 at 11:43 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fantastically underrated show. It probably would have done better had it not started out as a "crime of the week" type of show and started out as the show it is now. The storyline is awesome. Seriously, if you're looking for a show to start on Netflix, watch PoI.

10+ Year Old Account

Extended trailer for s5. All the hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Yeah, PoI is goddamn good show. I'll be sad panda when it's done.