Thread: Hopeful new BG

Hopeful new BG

When can we see something new and fresh in WoW BG's? Something similar to Huttball in SWTOR. That BG was the most fun I had playing that game and I would love to see it in WoW.

Anyone else have any ideas for something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Yourrealdad View Post
    When can we see something new and fresh in WoW BG's? Something similar to Huttball in SWTOR. That BG was the most fun I had playing that game and I would love to see it in WoW.

Something like huttball would be amazing in wow, although I'm sure it's too difficult for blizzard to program a passable object reliably.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Something like huttball would be amazing in wow, although I'm sure it's too difficult for blizzard to program a passable object reliably.
    IIRC, that was one of the core mechanics of Azshara in SSC. Get it? Core?

OT, would like to see more hazards like huttball and arenas have.
    Last edited by Destructinator; 2013-04-29 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post
    Yes. it was. you kill the green elemental, loot it's core, and are immobilized until it's passed to another player (who then gets immobilized)

Combined with trying to manage the remaining stream of adds, it was a massive nightmare of a fight until you figured out how all the pieces were expected to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post

OT, would like to see more hazards like huttball and arenas have.
    Vashj, not Azshara. Had me thinking for a few minutes. Thought you were talking about Azshara crater.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Vashj, not Azshara. Had me thinking for a few minutes. Thought you were talking about Azshara crater.
    That's it, my bad. Haven't been back since it was current content, mostly because of that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly i dont think it would be. they already have the special action button that can pop up. all they would need to do is make it so it is tied to having the ball. you click it and it passes it to a friendly target.

i would rather them do something different though. strand is a good idea on paper but is executed horribly. id love to see them do something like that but minus the vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something like Payload from Team Fortress 2.

Classic AV as a World BG (like Wintergrasp).

The DotA Battleground.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extra action buttons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Extra action buttons
    If I understand correctly, there's already a passable object in the Sha of Fear encounter on Heroic.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Extra action buttons
    people will go on the forums complaining about people who use a /click extraactionbutton macro have an unfair advantage over people who click it manually.

fun.

either way, it was a good day when i deleted my Vash macro, my sha of fear macro is no fun either. neither of those mechanics were fun.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

hutt ball is murder ball. kotmogu is murder ball. the end zone is the middle and there's enough CTF already in the game.

Deleted

why add new shit when ppl justwont play it cos of the bots ppl will get annoyed after about 3 games of deepwind gorge cos of botters

Id like huttball/payload/dota and a team deathmatch where the opponents get buffed when you kill them to try and keep it even.

Huttball was the worst. I hope it never curses WoW with its presence.

I wouldn't mind the others though.

Still waiting on Azshara crater DotA.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted

Couldn't agree more. The game was entertaining and ontop of that watch out for the fire and toxic! ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Still waiting on Azshara crater DotA.
    since its been in the game files since classic i dnt think they will implement it