spriest viable for RBGs in 5.3?

Hey guys, I know the nerfs coming to shadow. Honestly, I only do RBGs and rarely ever do arenas except to cap. Arenas are only for unbalanced overpowered classes in my opinion.

My question is, do you think shadow is still viable for 5.3 RBG comps. In my personal opinion I do not see VS being a huge nerf as we have lived without it before although it does help on the FC at times or in Kot when holding an orb. I will most likely take the glyph of mass dispel if needed. Other than that our dmg should still be viable am I correct? Just hear a lot of people rerolling.......I do have a backup heals and backup dps if we get nerfed again.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen no mention of damage changes in patch notes, plus there is at least 1 previous blue post stating devs are fine with shadow's current damage.
    Highly doubtful priest representation will see a significant drop except possibly in very high end games.
    Personally I'll be playing holy more in RBGs next patch but that would've happened anyway since I find it more fun. (Plus I recently noticed Chakra swaps are now a 5 sec CD.) I'm still pissed about the loss of an immunity dispel in all specs because it was a core aspect of the class and removes a bit of its complexity (Akin to taking away PW:S or Mana Burn which I also sorely miss.) but I will manage.
    Priests have come a long way in my 7 years playing but it's still the class for me unless/until Blizz makes an unforgivable screwup.

Side note: I noticed you said take up glyph of MD if needed. It already is needed if you're dispelling offensively as much as you should be. Mass Dispel can turn the tide of a long fight.

Any ranged class will work in RBGs, RBGs don't really require class balance, hence why they balance for 3v3 arenas instead of RBGs.

You can still multi dot and apply a lot of pressure, SPriests will be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Any ranged class will work in RBGs, RBGs don't really require class balance, hence why they balance for 3v3 arenas instead of RBGs.

You can still multi dot and apply a lot of pressure, SPriests will be fine.
    They do some balancing around RBGS, but hardly the amount focused on 3v3. I still don't get why there is bigger cap in rbg, and the most frustrating thing is that Holinka has on his twitter main page, that there are no plans currently to change rbg cap. If they did, rbg population would drop by huge margin.

Spriest is loosing huge amount of their utility with swap on flag carriers, but if you had a rbg group before, I don't see why would they kick you now, you can still do the most of what you could before. MD cast time isn't so bad in rbg, and one or two swaps every game probably won't brake the class, anyway group would probably be better of with boomkin or lock, but the player makes bigger difference than class in most cases.

As long as we have Cascade, we're fine.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    The mass dispel nerf is going to hit us pretty hard in arenas and rbgs - our damage will still be good enough - but will our utility? I'm not sure.

Ele shamans bring crazy cleave damage now, and the best knockback - boomkins bring strong aoe damage and ursols/solar beam, and a knockback - frost mages bring great CC and the best single target burst, fire mages bring great CC and strong aoe burst, locks bring great CC and variously bring either massive single target burst or arguably the best dot cleave.

In a world where Shadow is going to go from pulling like... 100+ dispels over the course of the game down to like 20, and our ability to void shift that first enemy kill target is being removed... it's not a question of "is shadow bad?", we're not and we won't be. But, just as the recurring ret problem - "is shadow better or equal to their peers?" - does our damage - now absent all utility - justify Not bringing another destro lock, aff lock, fmage, boomkin, ele shaman, or even disc priest?

Disc is probably the replacement to shadow for RBGs - it brings all the mass dispels of Shadow pre-5.3, still contributes meaningfully to burst cycles via penance/mindbender, and counts to your healer total: not your DPS total. So if you bring a disc, you have all the utility of pre-nerf shadow, and can put a different dps in the shadow's former spot - and gain whatever utility they are bringing: net buff to your team to have your shadow go disc (or sit them for a disc priest and bring a boomy or extra dlock).

I'm obviously not thrilled about the way they're nerfing us, fortunately I have 4 fully geared alts now I can play instead - maybe shadow will make a comeback in the final MoP season. *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-04-29 at 05:29 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The mass dispel nerf is going to hit us pretty hard in arenas and rbgs - our damage will still be good enough - but will our utility? I'm not sure.

Ele shamans bring crazy cleave damage now, and the best knockback - boomkins bring strong aoe damage and ursols/solar beam, and a knockback - frost mages bring great CC and the best single target burst, fire mages bring great CC and strong aoe burst, locks bring great CC and variously bring either massive single target burst or arguably the best dot cleave.

In a world where Shadow is going to go from pulling like... 100+ dispels over the course of the game down to like 20, and our ability to void shift that first enemy kill target is being removed... it's not a question of "is shadow bad?", we're not and we won't be. But, just as the recurring ret problem - "is shadow better or equal to their peers?" - does our damage - now absent all utility - justify Not bringing another destro lock, aff lock, fmage, boomkin, ele shaman, or even disc priest?

Disc is probably the replacement to shadow for RBGs - it brings all the mass dispels of Shadow pre-5.3, still contributes meaningfully to burst cycles via penance/mindbender, and counts to your healer total: not your DPS total. So if you bring a disc, you have all the utility of pre-nerf shadow, and can put a different dps in the shadow's former spot - and gain whatever utility they are bringing: net buff to your team to have your shadow go disc (or sit them for a disc priest and bring a boomy or extra dlock).

I'm obviously not thrilled about the way they're nerfing us, fortunately I have 4 fully geared alts now I can play instead - maybe shadow will make a comeback in the final MoP season. *crosses fingers*
    they didn't nerf insanity+devouring plague.
    or halo/cascade.

so theres good raid offhealing and good burst from range. IMO thats all you really need if you're good at your classs. i.e. good ranged halos will burst some massive healing . insanity+devouring plague with other peoples dots/splash dmg is possible to score solos. I regularly do now. shadow also has this offhealing and burst for assisting on keeping EFC alive, yeh i'll admit i use swap atleast twice a game. but if shadow + healer defends EFC with shields/pom/renew it does provide strong utility.

I dont think its about shadow vs any classes except the 2 big ones lock and boomkin which are hands down above all ranged in RBGs. chaos bolt and vortex + solar beam are just so good. solar beam may be taking a nerf but if you're the kind of team to run 2-3 boomkins then it won't really matter. beams every 21 seconds go go.

ultimately though will we have a different RBG meta game with the tanks taking some much more damage. so many classes will solo a tank.

it fits the requirement of being one of 16 people standing 40 yards away from each other firing wizard bolts while 2 DKs touch dicks and 2 tanks afk. SP will be fine.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    it fits the requirement of being one of 16 people standing 40 yards away from each other firing wizard bolts while 2 DKs touch dicks and 2 tanks afk. SP will be fine.
    lol. You should adjust the number of wizards down a little bit to make room for the rogues battling over a flag off somewhere by themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    lol. You should adjust the number of wizards down a little bit to make room for the rogues battling over a flag off somewhere by themselves...
    *and 2 rogues standing 20 paces apart throwing shurikens/non-interruptible-wizard-bolts at each other.

fixed it.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    *and 2 rogues standing 20 paces apart throwing shurikens/non-interruptible-wizard-bolts at each other.

fixed it.
    I lol'ed. Honestly though, my preferred DPS RBG lineup right now is FDK, 2x DLock, FMage, Boomy, and a Spriest. I'd only take a rogue over one of the locks or the Spriest.

OT: I think, as I briefly touched on above, that Shadow's "spot" in RBG's is precarious at best. You absolutely need the FDK, Mage, 1 Lock, and the Boomy. Spriests bring great utility now, but with this now in jeapordy I could see them getting replaced by a Hunter next patch. We will have to wait and see I suppose.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

fixed it.
    LAWL best reply ever.