10+ Year Old Account

Hit/Expertise overload

On my highest item level gear I`m sitting on around both 10% hit and expertise after reforging away everything I can (I`m arms). I`m pondering whether it would be better to use some lower level gear to balance out hit/expertise, atm it feels like a lot of stats is "going to waste". It would mean dropping a bit of attack power though, opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurik View Post
    On my highest item level gear I`m sitting on around both 10% hit and expertise after reforging away everything I can (I`m arms). I`m pondering whether it would be better to use some lower level gear to balance out hit/expertise, atm it feels like a lot of stats is "going to waste". It would mean dropping a bit of attack power though, opinions?
    cant really say unless you give an armoury link, but as im in a similar situation with hit im pretty sure dropping i-level is not a good thing, my hit comes primarily from zerat and feather, and well, im not replacing either... as that would be retarded.

You have to be a bit smart with the gear you pick its not that difficult to avoid massively overcapping, you can't just use everything. 2piece T14 is as good as 522 offspec pieces if that helps reducing your hit. If you link your armory I can be a bit more specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You have to be a bit smart with the gear you pick its not that difficult to avoid massively overcapping, you can't just use everything. 2piece T14 is as good as 522 offspec pieces if that helps reducing your hit. If you link your armory I can be a bit more specific.
    Sitting at 11.47% hit now with best ilvl gear, its quite ridicolous.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Fluti/simple

Edit: I know I have +hit gems, but I havent found any viable alternative.

Deleted
    Could go str/stam or crit/stam gems? I know some pallys are doing it so it may be worthwhile if you're desperate to keep the socket bonus.

Deleted
    Gem chest with pure crit gems, other than that can't really avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a case of you HAPPEN to have a ton of hit gear. Unless you want to trade it for Stam, there simply isn't much you can do besides find sidegrade gear. Even off-gemming and losing socket bonuses isn't worth it, it looks like. Unfortunate stat spread is unfortunate.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You just don't want to buy the vp chest its sooo terrible its not even funny with expertise/hit its like 1100 lost rating about 1.5-2k dps loss just use a T14 or T15 chest. Buy the vp ring/cloak instead or even the neck with those changes you should be pretty close to your caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input. Gonna do some testing tonight and see what comes out on top, stupidly overcapped gear vs previous raid tier gear