Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Which mobs would you farm? Im a destro lock and I can solo the primal direhorns.

Farmed about 1.4k bones and got 1 egg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Which mobs would you farm? Im a destro lock and I can solo the primal direhorns.

Farmed about 1.4k bones and got 1 egg.
    I farmed (SOLO) The weakest of all, 3200k Direhorns, easy bones, but takes alot of your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats..

Now go farm for the pet too ;-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I have about 1000 bones atm i just farm them while i wait for my ques

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I got it not too long ago as well. I would grind until I got a primal egg, then stop and wait 3 days for it to hatch. Rinse repeat. If my next egg took one kill, I would still stop and wait. I didn't want to get another one on the same character as they're unique, and I am hoping for all the raptors. Just have the red one to go, but goodness, 7 eggs later and still nothing. Boy I wish they were sellable. It sucks have to delete all those raptor mounts.
    Just do like me, 3 eggs = Green, Red and Black

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Grats..

Now go farm for the pet too ;-)
    usually only like 5k on the AH thats how i got mine, only 2500/9999 bones atm, not using em on a pet i can get for crappy gold xD

Nice! I'm still working on this, I have 1100 bones so far >.> Though, on the plus side, I have all 3 raptors from the eggs, somehow I got lucky and went Black, Green Red in that order. It's a pain as a ret pally to solo them all, I should have taken my frost mage alt out there for the easy kiting.

Only 1/3 of the way through this. Not a bad way to kill time while waiting in queue. Got the first 1800 or so by going there with a couple of guildies; we would take turns looting the devilsaurs there. Bone acquisition rate is a little slower than soloing the baby direhorns, but much better chance of getting the primal eggs. I got all 3 mounts after 4 eggs, though, so now it's down to grinding out the remaining bones...weeeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I'm about half way with bones. I figure when I get bored I go farm for an hour and get a few hundred that what I don't get too too burnt out on it.

I had a plan.
    I farmed until i got a primal egg and then i took a break, this was mainly to keep motivation going.
    Now i got 5000 bones and the 3 kind of raptors that come out of it and hard to get me motivated to start killing more.

So I guess I'll wait for better gear as it all helps to ease the grind. I can solo all kinds of raptors there as ele shaman, i mostly kill the ones that give 20bones while dodging the charge with water walking. The ones that give 40 are a bit a pita as you can't snare them and it goes actually slower.

And about kiting raptors to forming raids... I can't see anything wrong with it tbh, they are waiting and you provide them entertainment for the time being.
    Pulling raptors when they are fighting oondasta already goes too far imo and i've never done that (i just water walk so they reset). but if they are just slacking there, why not? ye some spitted, others cheered. It's not i make them wipe and there are more than plenty who love killing the wait time by beating the raptors I bring to them.

I managed to get to 87 before I felt compelled to delete the game.

Curse grinds!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Congratulations, well done! I personally loved raptor mounts from the moment I saw them in WoW, so this it's nice to see another achievement relating to raptors.

if only it looked like a cool dinosaur instead of a boring raptor -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    And about kiting raptors to forming raids... I can't see anything wrong with it tbh, they are waiting and you provide them entertainment for the time being.
    Are you serious? They are trying to form a raid to kill a world boss and you think its ok to pull mobs into them, force them into combat due to random charges and call it entertainment for THEM?!

You are abusing mechanics for your own gain.

I originally started out trying to farm for a primal egg, got to 2.2k bones and got one, found it quite enjoyable to solo the young primal dinosaurs outside the bone collectors cave and just carried on.

My first egg hatched and i managed to get another just before i finished the grind, all in all, a nice grind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Are you serious? They are trying to form a raid to kill a world boss and you think its ok to pull mobs into them, force them into combat due to random charges and call it entertainment for THEM?!

You are abusing mechanics for your own gain.
    I do that too . But i kite the big dinos. I am evil .
    At least they are not bored.
    But you need too clear the trash anyway before you pull odasta and you give them some motivation.

4200/9000 for me. I farm direhorns + small raptors and from time too time i kill the bigger direhorn. I can also solo the big dinnos for 50 bones but it takes too much time (you are faster killing normal ones).

Thats my farming path:

I only need too spend 10 more hours too grid it. (using odasta groups saves sooo much time that is unbeliveable of cose you dont pull any more when they fight a boss)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I chose to farm primaldirehorn as a cat for my first few thousand bones, then I decided to try guardian and realized I can smash my keyboard and not pay attention to my hp bar. To speed up things, I began pulling 3 direhorns as a guardian which sped things up since vengeance + cleaving. Also, I took on the skyscreamers which took sometime to kill but provided a lot of bones as well. I noticed I averaged anywhere from 500-700 bones an hour (1 flask's worth). Took me awhile to grind out but in the end I finally got the white primal raptor. I was very lucky with my primal eggs as I got the 3 different mounts within the first 3 eggs. However, I did get 2 more primal eggs totaling 5 primal eggs during the duration of the 9999 bone farm.

I highly advise anyone to swap to tank spec if capable for farming dino bones.

I generally pull the big devilsaur with about 4-5 small ones, or two big ones with 1-2 small ones and it takes me ~3 min from lootbox to lootbox that average ~100 bones apiece. Skyscreamers are more dangerous with their synchronized frontal cone and the direhorns drop too few bones for my taste, so I stick to the area around Oondasta & the two devilsaur camps on either side of the island.

Farmed for 3 hours so far and have 6k bones ... I feel awful for the mages and priests who try for this achievement.

Personally I farm with a friend one night every week, the night we do LFR. So while waiting for the queue (30-40 mins per part) we kill dinosaurs, and it's probably 2 hours per week or so. We mostly kill the small direhorns, but also do the small devilsaurs while waiting for respawns. Last week we also did some trolls waiting for respawn, and both got all 4 pets within the night, so droprate seems cool.

Anyhow, I got around 1500 bones or so, but I'm curious, has anyone actually gotten the egg from the small direhorns? I haven't seen one drop yet, not for me or my friend. Would be cool and at least feel sorta comforting to get an egg.

Nice Job OP I to am working on this mount as we speak.