Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Grats on everyone who worked and grinded super hard for a mount well-deserved!

On topic, what class do you guys solo the dinos with? I'm personally using a 506 brewmaster monk (with windwalker and rune stats mastery => haste = crit) to some success since I haven't tried soloing primal devilsaurs. Sometimes I run into asshats that kite dinos to me in hoping I accidentally aoe them with keg smash which really halts my bone progress ):
    I did the grind with my fire mage. I could pretty easily solo the small direhorns and devilsaurs. I would straight up tank and burst down the small direhorns before the triple puncture would get stacked too high. The small devilsaurs were even easier, in that I could just kite them around and never get hit.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Grats on everyone who worked and grinded super hard for a mount well-deserved!

On topic, what class do you guys solo the dinos with? I'm personally using a 506 brewmaster monk (with windwalker and rune stats mastery => haste = crit) to some success since I haven't tried soloing primal devilsaurs. Sometimes I run into asshats that kite dinos to me in hoping I accidentally aoe them with keg smash which really halts my bone progress ):
    I did it on blood dk, could aoe 3-4 small direhorns or 1-2 big ones

Can't believe this is the first time I have seen the post, although I have been done with the grind for over 3 months already, got my mount in the early hours of the sunday after the patch. I farmed all my bones on my hunter, kiting the skyscreamers mostly, maybe a few of the small trex guys. Skyscreamers are by far the most forgiving for kiting since they stop moving when they cast their cone aoe thingy and there are no debuffs to be found just damage, and they drop a decent amount of bones. In hindsight I would have probably been better off farming on my DK as blood, but I didn't think about it till I was at about 5k bones on my hunter, and there was no way I was going back after that.

It was a surreal few days of brutal farming, and funny enough I took a break one night and got ashes on my monk! I had pretty big motivation as when I started playing way back in vanilla around the ZG patch time, I would see these people on albino raptors riding around, and they were no longer available..... Tragic, I know. However once I saw this thing coming out, now alliance side, I was stizoked. Good hunting everyone! This is one grind that is worth it!

These are all sad immitations of the Armored Razzashi Raptor.

Made this video for something else but might as well link it here as well.

Basically, if you can farm this as a tank, then do so.

tanks ....being able to pull 100k hps, and 300k dps solo.....oh vengeance you totally broken mechanic you :x

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    tanks ....being able to pull 100k hps, and 300k dps solo.....oh vengeance you totally broken mechanic you :x
    I'm pretty sure most plate and druid tanks would be nuked by the mobs he pulled, just monks don't get that much % of mitigation from armor. As paladin I can do one big devilsaur and a few small ones and it is extremely tough, and that's with being able to reset stacks every minute. A heroic geared main tank *might* be able to do a few more, but not much.

Finally got this, WooHoo

Now to farm that spectral pet lol.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    Best way to get Bones is to Flag Big Dinos and pull them while some group assembles to kill Oondasta

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Best way to get Bones is to Flag Big Dinos and pull them while some group assembles to kill Oondasta
    Best way to die, yeah, we just move out of the way.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pridemane View Post
    Heh, time to go grind this aswell,

175/9999 :/

Just wondering are the 9 million health ones easily soloable as a blood dk in Frost 1H gear? (Mastery mainly 148% mastery in blood atm) Around 500 Ilvl. weak weapon 463
    Solo skycallers instead. More bones then the little ones and take a LOT less time/less of a pain in the ass to kill then the big ones. 6mil health or so, 15-19 bones each, about 1:30sec to kill and they are generally in clusters of 4 with a fast spawn rate.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Highly recommend pairing up with someone for this to help kill the monotony, if possible. Duoed the pterodactyls with a frost mage friend (ele shaman here) via kiting. Also duoed entire direhorn packs (2-3 big ones plus 3-4 littles) with a blood DK (not that he couldn't solo them).

Had a group of 4 of us the other night running one giant lap around the island killing everything in sight, other than Oondasta obviously. Pile of pets, primal eggs, and bones; got nearly 1k from just over a hour there.

Yes, yes, a bit of a Captain Obvious hint (to group up), but it makes this grind so much more bearable.

Aaaaaand done! No screenshots currently, though. :-/

Grind has been made a lot more bearable courtesy of 5.3 with the addition of the direhorn runt pet and lesser tokens off the mobs (although I think I've had as many runt pets drop as I have tokens). Had a group of 4-5 of us running back and forth killing the direhorn packs (all dps, no tank/heal) yet still managed 500-600 bones per hour. Ended up with 5-6 of the runt pets also, which sell for a nice bit of money. Kinda lame the easiest of the mobs to kill (direhorns) are the most rewarding (not only in efficiency, but with the pet drops and eggs), but it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I got it not too long ago as well. I would grind until I got a primal egg, then stop and wait 3 days for it to hatch. Rinse repeat. If my next egg took one kill, I would still stop and wait. I didn't want to get another one on the same character as they're unique, and I am hoping for all the raptors. Just have the red one to go, but goodness, 7 eggs later and still nothing. Boy I wish they were sellable. It sucks have to delete all those raptor mounts.

You sound exactly like Napoleon Dynamite.

Just say GOSH! more and no one will be able to tell the difference.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

grats on great white hope!! as froyd would say: "you sir have issues."

Im about to start this grind. Only have 200ish bones so far, this is going to suck haha

Got the mount about 2 months ago, I think it was the first thing I farmed for. Glad it's over.

Deleted
    Like some of you have said, the best way is to do is as brewmaster.
    I was so lucky that my friend was brewmaster and myself an elemental shaman. We duo'ed the island over and over again. In the end we got it. If you speedfarm it you can get 3k bones in 2 hours.

Back when i completed it as feral i was averaging around 10-12 bones per minute just killing the Direhorn Hatchlings There are four "families" on the southern half of the island and I just did a typewriter-like route.

As elemental solo, I made like 1k bones/hour while waiting in queue etc (like many farmed always upto a primal egg and then took a break).

I took the bigger direhorns, they are piss easy if you have a snare, just kite them, if they are about to charge, go stand closer so it's cancelled etc., kite again, rinse repeat. It's really a bit like kiting the warrior in pvp (stay out of melee but close enough) with the difference, charge has a cast bar.
    The smaller ones don't do the shockwave but same tactic works also, you'll just have to move a bit more.

Congratulations, that thing looks amazing!