How Active is WCIII Bnet for Custom Games?

Title says it all. Been thinking about repurchasing it so I can play all the classic custom maps (not DotA). Hell I don't even remember their names, just how fun they are. I'm probably going to get them anyways to play through the campaigns again.

P.S. Will it work on Windows 7?
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-03 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    It will work on Windows 7, but you'll need to change some regedit settings to get higher resolutions, i haven't played it in a while, however i always used Garena, they had dedicated rooms for certain map types.

Overrun with bots. Hopefully one of those games will have what you're looking for, otherwise you're out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an active user who goes on about 4 times a week, it's very very very dead.
    I use US West, East and Europe, and all are overrun by the cross-realm bots hosting games.
    Dota games are the only ones that fill fast.
    Some rare games, such as Werewolf Transylvania, Vampirism Fire, and Parasite 2 fill up. But it usually takes a fairly long time, and it's only during the peak outs of US *e.g. about 8hours ago*.
    Garena, mentioned above, is okay, but it just seems to be alot of either Dota or Naruto fighting.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 07:53 PM ----------

Also, if you can't host yourself.
    Use this http://makemehost.com/
    It's good, but like I said, it just depends if anyones online to join.
    I miss you WC3, best PC game of all time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Too bad it's dead now, but hey, it was popular maaany years ago I was mainly playing:
    Battleships
    Footman
    Hero Arena

Best games ever Remade SC II versions don't feel the same simply because of graphic.

I still play it quite some time when I feel like playing some of my favorite custom games, which is especially Castle Fight.

As Kuthe has already said, its pretty dead. About 80% of all games are being hosted by bots, and they don't get filled that fast. DotA is still all over the place, and I never liked those games. All of my friends I used to play WC3 with from 2003 - 2008 are all gone, sad time

You can still try it out, but don't expect games to be filled with players pretty fast. I wish we get a WC4 to replace the game, or atleast update WC3. But sadly all of their RTS focus is on Starcraft...

I never liked Starcraft, Always prefered Warcraft

That's disappointing to hear. I was thinking maybe some Tides of Blood, Footmen Frenzy or my favorite 5 lane hero siege but if all there is is bots and DotA doesn't seem like much worth it. I honestly can't stand similar game types in SCII for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

https://clanent.net/forum/games.php

I have no problems finding any game I want to play... but then again I generally just play Legion TD

I find its very dead aswell. I pop inn once a while, but game's does not fill up.

I mostly like to play things like Hero lines, mafia TD or Stronghold TD.

Kinda sad...We need Warcraft 4
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    i still get some games going in WC3, i gotta agree with yall about sc2 custom games sadly they just dont feel the same
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you should play on ICCup?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    P.S. Will it work on Windows 7?
    It should work, atleast it works for me.

Island defense, dota, castle fight < i know these 3 fill up quite fast most of the time. I also used makemenost to make some things like FF rpg, twilights eve, wh40k td, warcraft maul etc, and they all filled rather fast too. People just seem to avoid bots in general. I londa wish blizz banned bot hosting :< 120 open games, 0 players in each.
    We dream, we dream.