Thread: New parts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

New parts.

Anyone have an advice to me on what to upgrade in my PC.
    I just wanna spoil myself next month cus i get a big ass paycheck then.

Here is what i have:

Intel i5-2500k
    Nvidia Geforce GTX680
    16gb 1866mhz RAM
    ASUS Sabertooht P67 MOBO
    Cant remember brand on the PSU but 850W.
    HDD 1T for storage.
    SSD 1-60gb for OS and 1-120gb for games i say is worthy of being on an SSD
    Cooling and all that shit is good (Air cooled not water)

Any tips???

And if anyone of you guys wanna help me?!? I whant to Clock my CPU. its at stock speed i have no clue about what to do and most i the guieds i have found confuses me or arent clear enough.
    Sorry for bad english.

KnibZer

What exactly are you upgrading the computer for (What Games, programs, etc). It isn't exactly lacking much to begin with unless you want to get water cooling/i7/sli.

Deleted
    perhaps SLI 680's and upgrade to a higher resolution monitor(s)?
    im guessing some of the nor posters could help you out with that or perhaps link a guide in norwegian?

There isn't much you can put on the inside, would look into new keyboard/mouse/monitor.

If you have lots of free cash, second GTX680 in SLI and 2560x1440 monitor is decent choice.

Another option would be getting 250GB (or even 512GB) SSD to replace your two small discs as one big C drive which will fit both your OS and games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    - New motherboard & CPU when Haswell is released.
    - 144Hz monitor & add another 680.
    - Wait for new cards coming out in June / July.
    - Water cool for your CPU or GPU.

Overclocking the 2500k guide:

8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

IMO there is nothing worth a upgrade here currently but you didn't state what you are expecting from a upgrade either so uhm, tell us that first^^, you might want to get a new Monitor, phone, tablet etc.. or just a short vacation instead :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't spend your money on computer hardware, get a nice new computer chair (one that is REALLY nice) or a new headset/mouse/keyboard/monitor.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably get a 27 inch ips monitor depending on what you have now.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for all replies. was just looking for ideas couldent come up with anything myself.
    think its time to upgrade mouse and monitor. Anyone have tips for a good monitor? and mouse the mouse i have is old and have been a faitful companion Logitech something cant remeber the rest of the name 500 or something. monitor is a BENQ G2222HDL DVI.

Again thx for all the tips folks

p.s. Watercooling seems like an idea, any good tips here ive always run eith aircooling but my fingers are itching for OC capability d.s

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    perhaps SLI 680's and upgrade to a higher resolution monitor(s)?
    im guessing some of the nor posters could help you out with that or perhaps link a guide in norwegian?
    Found a nice guide on google, guess ive just been lazy or to afraid to do it. testes hit rock bottom and bluescreen @ 4.8ghz due to insufficent cooling.