Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I tend to not play with any player that isn't in my ranked 5's team or at the same elo/skill level than me, be it my brother or my best friend. It just annoys me to no end seeing them play bad and completely ignore any advice given.

Exceptions to this rule are people that really are willing to learn and will accept that I know what I'm doing. And girls. Sometimes. Don't judge ^^
    Last edited by sarasun; 2013-04-30 at 07:03 PM.

I have a friend exactly like that. When it comes to playing any type of games the only thing he thinks about is winning. He's not a good player, far from that, but he thinks he's a god and that he's better then everyone else inside the game. He rages all his games, and blames his team all the time and then proceeds to raging against the other team.
    I have to admit I didn't like playing with him at the start, but I got used to it.

The trick for this is that you just ignore him in-game while playing. Stick to saying "SS", pings on map, "drake, baron", stuff like that, but never talk back to him or he will never shut up.
    About his build, just let him do whatever he feels like doing. This friend that I mentioned always does Rylais on Malphite, which is completely useless. Just don't bother explaining why he should build the A way instead of his B way. Show him "LoL Pro" website and tell him to check builds there.

Also, we learned to laugh about it. When we play we're always 3-5 people, including him. We understood that there's no point complaining about what he does wrong, because he will never learn no matter what, so we just laugh about the situation and that way we can mantain a good environment on skype. We noticed that if we laugh about it, his rage level decreases, because at the end of the day most of the ragers are needy attention people.

Hope this helps

Deleted
    Best thing to do? Tell him he's no fun to play with, that you disagree with his mentality to blame everything on others, and tell you'll play with him if he agrees to improve on these things.

More fun? 1v1 him, beat him consistently (Bo5, so no OMG INTERNET LAG THE GALAXY USURPED ME REMATCH) and tell him why you beat him. Will probably only enrage him further, but it'll be good for your own ego I mean, you did just consistently beat a god.

So you think your "friend" is a "retard", and you are his friend despite it? If so, I think you are a bigger morron than he is.

That's enough with the insults and jabs in this thread. Post politely or don't post at all. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-01 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    He just finished a game as Garen (his all time favourite champion, he thinks he is the BEST PRO SUPER GAREN EVER) and built: tabi, chain armor. He didn't go any further. I AM SURE THAT IT WAS THE JUNGLER'S FAULT, OH YES I AM SURE!!

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 03:30 PM ----------

Try and answer to the topic please?
    Dude, I swear I know this guy. Does your friend happen to go by the nickname "Drews" in real life? If not, I believe this is proof of some kind of government cloning conspiracy. Right down to the horrible Garen builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    So you think your "friend" is a "retard", and you are his friend despite it? If so, I think you are a bigger morron than he is.
    You're telling him to ditch a friend that he has had for several years because his friend is bad at a video game... and you think he's the moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    You're telling him to ditch a friend that he has had for several years because his friend is bad at a video game... and you think he's the moron?
    Thanks for misrepresenting me. No, because he considers his "friend" a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than ditch him, call him out on it, very harshly. Tell him you'll stop inviting him to your games if he's gonna have an arrogant attitude and not willing to learn. Point him to your experience in the game and remind him that it'd be a good idea to listen to the more experienced player.

Thats just sad... /Delete friend asap. If he cant play or dosnt want learn then why the hell waste time on him ?
    Full retard kids are going full retard.

Edit: You dont have to be perfect to actually listen to someone and UNDERSTAND stuff like " DO NOT !!!!! build this and this item on this and that champion " Its not so hard to be a non retarded person if you just take 5min of your sorry life to check out a guide on Mobafire or whatever site you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post

That's enough with the insults and jabs in this thread. Post politely or don't post at all. Infracted. -Edge
    You obviously have no idea of what a friend is. I see that you already got infracted, so I won't proceed further in saying anything else, except that I am sorry. I shouldn't even have said that maybe, but I don't think that I should let this just pass on me.

@ all the others: I've from time to time made it straight that he is a noob, not a newb anymore, and that I cannot accept what he is building. He plays LB (LeBlanc) now, and builds: Will of the ancients, Hextech Gunblade, Rylai's and random boots: THE SURVIVABILITY, LB SUSTAIN!!! He is lvl30 for more than a year and playing every day. I've many times told him straight in the face that what he does is horrible for firstly me, because I expect from everyone to be good, forgiving and kind to his teammates, especially if I am the one inviting you: else, you spit on my name and also my choice of inviting you. Secondly, that his behaviour is just causing us to lose. He can't help it!! He ofc plays almost always support as he is always last pick when queueing with me, and if for example the adc loses a creep (note that he just SUCKS at CSing: I cannot honestly fathom how terrible he is at csing or playing an adc or any mage in teamfights. Even his brother calls him on that, LOL. What he can honestly ONLY do is "initiate" on someone and expect he wins the tf), he just starts swearing at the adc on skype where I can hear him. It is SO annoying. Top gives a kill to the enemy, the drama commences again even harder. He fails as support (I can clearly see it) in a skirmish at bot lane (e.g. stunning/exhausting the enemy support as taric, giving blood boil (nunu's W) only on himself), he swears at the adc.

I think I just want to vent, because honestly, I can't see any way anymore for him changing.

After the last time (before I make this thread) that I told him in a very good but straight way that he is not as good as he thinks he is, he hasn't talked to me/invited me. The truth is though, that I WANT to play with him, because he is one of my best friends and we enjoyed playing Age of Mythology so much when we were teens. I just want to get it out of my chest I think

It's hard to put up with your friends attitude I'm sure - maybe try another game?

On an off topic note: reading this thread reinforces why I will probably never try LoL...the community is just too unfriendly. I've really wanted to give it a go for a long time but I don't want to get yelled at and treated like crap because I'm new.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you tell him to get to your level before you do ranked queue's with him. That's what I'd say, I've said it to a few of my friends (that or I just play Shaco and carry like a god on steroids).
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend, he plays in plat 2 and didn't know how Rumbles ult aiming works. His main is Rumble.
    And he builds that stupid mask, that deals like 100 damage over 100 million minutes on single-target damage APs (leblank, akali, etc).

Oh, i forgot crystal scepter on Morgana! He slows while he roots and slows with ult!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-05-05 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Giiggity View Post
    It's hard to put up with your friends attitude I'm sure - maybe try another game?

On an off topic note: reading this thread reinforces why I will probably never try LoL...the community is just too unfriendly. I've really wanted to give it a go for a long time but I don't want to get yelled at and treated like crap because I'm new.
    The problem here isn't a new player. The problem is a player that has a good experience, but refuses to take advice and thinks his way of doing things is the best. That is the annoying player.

Truthfully, only play Aram with your friend. It is lower pressure and the random champion thing will save you alot of heartache because you can politely point out, that's why you guys are losing. If they won't take advice, there's really nothing you can do beyond that.

Deleted
    Have you tried directing him to guides made by pro players on certain champion? Usually they'll rationalize why they build X item and why Y item is bad, and so on.

I actually have a friend who's pretty arrogant; not in the same way as yours, this guy still see's his own mistakes and so on, his problem though is that he can't take advice from someone unless he knows that someone is a very good player (eg diamonds/pro players/challengers, whatever). It gets fairly annoying when discussing lane-matchups, builds etc. We talked to him calmly about it and he's actually trying (successfully, I might add) to improve upon himself.

Deleted
    ohh nooo.. he said his friend is bad at a videogame.. he is such a bad friend!!

RAWRF get over it

i've had a few friends.. (not this bad though) which i've tried to help by telling them to try this and this because it's good.. but they will never listen.. One of them actually pulled himself together after whining for months about Elo Hell and that he can't carry noobs etc etc. and is now close to silver 1

Best thing to do is just let him play, i bet he will eventually learn
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-05-08 at 12:57 AM.

And closing this down now since people seem more interested in attacking people rather than discussing anything.