Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Maybe they could mix Assassin's Creed 4 and Wow : South Seas ?
    And if they could bring in Gangplank and Miss Fortune in there, that would be swell.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    I see 3 options:

    1. Raised land or underwater around the Maelstrom
    2. Other side of Azeroth
    3. New world
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  3. #23
    My guess is that the Ethereals will feature predominantly in the xpac. Possibly a playable race. We will probably go to some home base of theirs, even though, if I understand the lore correctly, they are just space nomad traders, they probably have some kind of stupendously awesome main base where the riches of countless millennia of galaxy-wide trade profits have accumulated. And now the legion has found out and are threatening it with green goo.

    An Ethereal themed xpac would provide a distinct theme, have an existing race (only less controversially jolly as the Pandaren, and rather popular in the player base already) and fit in with the main Legion story arc.

    Probably we will get a distress beacon call from the Ethereals, or maybe a Naaru shows up in the Vale telling us that they need our help again.

  4. #24
    The Patient Doffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I still dont understand why people think we are ready to invade the MAIN (known) HQ of the Legion, aka Argus. It buggles my mind. I wouldnt be against it at all, it just seems wierd.

    I expect Azshara to come before/next , with a south seas and possible HUGE continent (Nazjatar) as the main continent. I think it would be amazing, but thats just me.
    '
    I think we'll see more than one Legion Expansion happen before we defeat sargeras at his Throne

  5. #25
    Field Marshal Triangulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    3M Light-years away
    Posts
    58
    I think it's safe to say it will be a new planet, such as Xoroth or Argus.

  6. #26
    Could be

    - new planet ( argus/xoroth )
    - emerald dream
    - underwater continent / some sort of "journey to center of earth" thing

    But as Wrathion quesline says the next xpac will be Burning legion based, i'd say it will be argus/xoroth, like we are attacking the legion's bases which threatens azeroth

    HOW to go there? Perhaps in the pre-next xpac patch the legion will attack us by opening a big portal we will take to go there?

    Or the Exodar ship can fly again !!!

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Xoroth, the only other known Legion-controlled world, doesn't really have much lore to go along with it other then general Legion themes.
    And what did Pandaria have before Mists? That's pretty much all new except 1. There are Pandaren 2. They have brewmasters 3. It's an island/continent in mists

    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    My guess is that the Ethereals will feature predominantly in the xpac. Possibly a playable race. We will probably go to some home base of theirs, even though, if I understand the lore correctly, they are just space nomad traders, they probably have some kind of stupendously awesome main base where the riches of countless millennia of galaxy-wide trade profits have accumulated. And now the legion has found out and are threatening it with green goo.

    Probably we will get a distress beacon call from the Ethereals, or maybe a Naaru shows up in the Vale telling us that they need our help again.
    Possibly, their homeworld K'aresh was conquered by Dimensius and we did kick his ass a bit in TBC. They might've retaken K'aresh or have a big base of sorts somewhere.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,313
    Emerald dream is option, even though books has told that it's impossible, it still is possible.
    If not a new world always is.
    EU ~ Outland

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    '
    I think we'll see more than one Legion Expansion happen before we defeat sargeras at his Throne
    I am sure we will never kill Sargeras. We may defeat him perhaps in the sense that we push him back to regrouping for a bit, but Blizzard will never let Sargeras be killedm because that would kill off the entire fundamentals of the Warcraft Universe, and I am certain that Blizzard intend to use that a long long time after the latest instantiation (WoW) of the Warcraft brand. After WoW comes something else (I don't mean Titan, I am talking about use of the Warcraft Universe here). And whatever that is, if Sargeras is dead there is no story left.

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    I am sure we will never kill Sargeras. We may defeat him perhaps in the sense that we push him back to regrouping for a bit, but Blizzard will never let Sargeras be killedm because that would kill off the entire fundamentals of the Warcraft Universe, and I am certain that Blizzard intend to use that a long long time after the latest instantiation (WoW) of the Warcraft brand. After WoW comes something else (I don't mean Titan, I am talking about use of the Warcraft Universe here). And whatever that is, if Sargeras is dead there is no story left.
    I disagree about this part. They can still go back in time (War of the Ancients, Elemental wars, shaping of the world itself), forward in time, or pick completely different planets, etc.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    And what did Pandaria have before Mists? That's pretty much all new except 1. There are Pandaren 2. They have brewmasters 3. It's an island/continent in mists
    True, but as long as Argus is available, it's the superior option of the two. There's a reason why Northrend and Outland were the first two expansions, because they were much better established in Warcraft lore then any other potential expansion option.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

  12. #32
    Uh there are many ways: a new continent in the veiled/forbidden seas (I like the idea of a "promordial" continent made by the old gods before the titans); a south sea full of islands and underwater zones; a new planet, like Argus or Xoroth, but not already against the MAIN legion bastion, we are not ready.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I disagree about this part. They can still go back in time (War of the Ancients, Elemental wars, shaping of the world itself), forward in time, or pick completely different planets, etc.
    Having an expansion in Azeroth's past would be a terrible idea, unless it involves Infinite dragonflight (and even then it wouldn't be very convincing).

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I disagree about this part. They can still go back in time (War of the Ancients, Elemental wars, shaping of the world itself), forward in time, or pick completely different planets, etc.
    Sure, but it wouldn't be quite the same.

    And what exactly would be the point, from Blizzard's perspective, of killing off Sargeras, when they can (and do) build up new more appropriately sized xpac bad guys instead? Killing off the ultimate top dog would accomplish EXACTLY WHAT, aside from a sense of "OK, nice, so now we're done with Warcraft forever"? A fiction writer can do that, but Blizzard is a business and I am sure that the brand value of Warcraft is somewhere perfectly noted in the books. And then one day, can you imagine the Activision board meeting when Mike Morhaime or whoever is going to have to explain to board and share holder "Yeah, about that Warcraft brand. Well we kind of killed it off... Why? Well, we felt it would feel good sorta. Yeah, I know the company lost a lot of value by killing off our main brand, but it still feels good, right? Right!?"

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Having an expansion in Azeroth's past would be a terrible idea, unless it involves Infinite dragonflight (and even then it wouldn't be very convincing).
    I was talking about possible setting for eventual future games of the Warcraft franchise, not about WoW expansions, should have clarified that.

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    True, but as long as Argus is available, it's the superior option of the two. There's a reason why Northrend and Outland were the first two expansions, because they were much better established in Warcraft lore then any other potential expansion option.
    Yeah, but then the Naga were already a thing back then too, so why not have them dealt with before Pandaria? But it's true, might as well go with those two as most people would know about them and so they're popular, rather than Deathwing that some might not really know since they might've only played Warcraft 3 or Pandaria which was pretty much unknown and considered bit of a joke.

    However, how much more do we really know about Argus over Xoroth? Sure, we know Argus was the homeworld of the Eredar but that's about it really. So either of the two could be the more important one. Either one could be pretty devastated with some Legion forces there and either one could be home to a massive Legion stronghold. So I feel both of them are to be explored and whichever comes first is irrelevant since we don't know enough to safely say, "Argus/Xoroth is the bigger Legion Stronghold!"

    As others have said, the Emerald Dream could be a possibility too. Yes, the book might've said it's dealt with but with the Green Dragonflight going mortal and losing power and all the Emerald Dream could be threatened again. Seeing the Bronze are also in the same situation, maybe we could even see the Infinite and/or another evil seeking to mess up the timelines and we'll go to a "continent" of different scenarios of Azeroth history and we'll have to prevent the timelines from being messed with.

    So many possibilities! =D
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    My guess is that the Ethereals will feature predominantly in the xpac. Possibly a playable race. We will probably go to some home base of theirs, even though, if I understand the lore correctly, they are just space nomad traders, they probably have some kind of stupendously awesome main base where the riches of countless millennia of galaxy-wide trade profits have accumulated. And now the legion has found out and are threatening it with green goo.

    An Ethereal themed xpac would provide a distinct theme, have an existing race (only less controversially jolly as the Pandaren, and rather popular in the player base already) and fit in with the main Legion story arc.

    Probably we will get a distress beacon call from the Ethereals, or maybe a Naaru shows up in the Vale telling us that they need our help again.
    That would be the definition of filler content.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,572
    I'd like to see a completely different world instead of more Azeroth continents. If we're going to see a Burning Legion expansion, I think it'd be cool to have just one new 90+ zone added to Outland. Said new Outland zone would have a few quests that lead up to a portal which sends you to Argus, and most of the major content would be centered around that.

    BC was my favorite expansion, and one of the big reasons for that is the fact that I loved Outland so much. So yeah, I'd love to see more "alien planet" stuff.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    That would be the definition of filler content.
    Why filler? Would it be filler to have the Legion attack the Ethereals' home base/world (possibly a retaken K'aresh) or the Ethereals maybe trying to retake K'aresh, the Naaru feeling their distress and tells Velen about it, he then tells the Alliance about it, Horde spies learn about it and all go to aid them, try to get offworld knowledge and resources and kick the Legion's Ass?
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Why filler? Would it be filler to have the Legion attack the Ethereals' home base/world (possibly a retaken K'aresh) or the Ethereals maybe trying to retake K'aresh, the Naaru feeling their distress and tells Velen about it, he then tells the Alliance about it, Horde spies learn about it and all go to aid them, try to get offworld knowledge and resources and kick the Legion's Ass?
    Or perhaps having Dimensius as an antagonist? Yeah I know he was "killed" in a quest in Netherstorm, but I think a being that has the balls to shatter an entire planet would be a little more powerful to be killed off in a random group quest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •