Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I see 3 options:

1. Raised land or underwater around the Maelstrom
    2. Other side of Azeroth
    3. New world

Deleted
    My guess is that the Ethereals will feature predominantly in the xpac. Possibly a playable race. We will probably go to some home base of theirs, even though, if I understand the lore correctly, they are just space nomad traders, they probably have some kind of stupendously awesome main base where the riches of countless millennia of galaxy-wide trade profits have accumulated. And now the legion has found out and are threatening it with green goo.

An Ethereal themed xpac would provide a distinct theme, have an existing race (only less controversially jolly as the Pandaren, and rather popular in the player base already) and fit in with the main Legion story arc.

Probably we will get a distress beacon call from the Ethereals, or maybe a Naaru shows up in the Vale telling us that they need our help again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I still dont understand why people think we are ready to invade the MAIN (known) HQ of the Legion, aka Argus. It buggles my mind. I wouldnt be against it at all, it just seems wierd.

I expect Azshara to come before/next , with a south seas and possible HUGE continent (Nazjatar) as the main continent. I think it would be amazing, but thats just me.
    '
    I think we'll see more than one Legion Expansion happen before we defeat sargeras at his Throne

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to say it will be a new planet, such as Xoroth or Argus.

Deleted
    Could be

- new planet ( argus/xoroth )
    - emerald dream
    - underwater continent / some sort of "journey to center of earth" thing

But as Wrathion quesline says the next xpac will be Burning legion based, i'd say it will be argus/xoroth, like we are attacking the legion's bases which threatens azeroth

HOW to go there? Perhaps in the pre-next xpac patch the legion will attack us by opening a big portal we will take to go there?

Or the Exodar ship can fly again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Xoroth, the only other known Legion-controlled world, doesn't really have much lore to go along with it other then general Legion themes.
    And what did Pandaria have before Mists? That's pretty much all new except 1. There are Pandaren 2. They have brewmasters 3. It's an island/continent in mists

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    My guess is that the Ethereals will feature predominantly in the xpac. Possibly a playable race. We will probably go to some home base of theirs, even though, if I understand the lore correctly, they are just space nomad traders, they probably have some kind of stupendously awesome main base where the riches of countless millennia of galaxy-wide trade profits have accumulated. And now the legion has found out and are threatening it with green goo.

Probably we will get a distress beacon call from the Ethereals, or maybe a Naaru shows up in the Vale telling us that they need our help again.
    Possibly, their homeworld K'aresh was conquered by Dimensius and we did kick his ass a bit in TBC. They might've retaken K'aresh or have a big base of sorts somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emerald dream is option, even though books has told that it's impossible, it still is possible.
    If not a new world always is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    '
    I think we'll see more than one Legion Expansion happen before we defeat sargeras at his Throne
    I am sure we will never kill Sargeras. We may defeat him perhaps in the sense that we push him back to regrouping for a bit, but Blizzard will never let Sargeras be killedm because that would kill off the entire fundamentals of the Warcraft Universe, and I am certain that Blizzard intend to use that a long long time after the latest instantiation (WoW) of the Warcraft brand. After WoW comes something else (I don't mean Titan, I am talking about use of the Warcraft Universe here). And whatever that is, if Sargeras is dead there is no story left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    And what did Pandaria have before Mists? That's pretty much all new except 1. There are Pandaren 2. They have brewmasters 3. It's an island/continent in mists
    True, but as long as Argus is available, it's the superior option of the two. There's a reason why Northrend and Outland were the first two expansions, because they were much better established in Warcraft lore then any other potential expansion option.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Uh there are many ways: a new continent in the veiled/forbidden seas (I like the idea of a "promordial" continent made by the old gods before the titans); a south sea full of islands and underwater zones; a new planet, like Argus or Xoroth, but not already against the MAIN legion bastion, we are not ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I disagree about this part. They can still go back in time (War of the Ancients, Elemental wars, shaping of the world itself), forward in time, or pick completely different planets, etc.
    Having an expansion in Azeroth's past would be a terrible idea, unless it involves Infinite dragonflight (and even then it wouldn't be very convincing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I disagree about this part. They can still go back in time (War of the Ancients, Elemental wars, shaping of the world itself), forward in time, or pick completely different planets, etc.
    Sure, but it wouldn't be quite the same.

And what exactly would be the point, from Blizzard's perspective, of killing off Sargeras, when they can (and do) build up new more appropriately sized xpac bad guys instead? Killing off the ultimate top dog would accomplish EXACTLY WHAT, aside from a sense of "OK, nice, so now we're done with Warcraft forever"? A fiction writer can do that, but Blizzard is a business and I am sure that the brand value of Warcraft is somewhere perfectly noted in the books. And then one day, can you imagine the Activision board meeting when Mike Morhaime or whoever is going to have to explain to board and share holder "Yeah, about that Warcraft brand. Well we kind of killed it off... Why? Well, we felt it would feel good sorta. Yeah, I know the company lost a lot of value by killing off our main brand, but it still feels good, right? Right!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    True, but as long as Argus is available, it's the superior option of the two. There's a reason why Northrend and Outland were the first two expansions, because they were much better established in Warcraft lore then any other potential expansion option.
    Yeah, but then the Naga were already a thing back then too, so why not have them dealt with before Pandaria? But it's true, might as well go with those two as most people would know about them and so they're popular, rather than Deathwing that some might not really know since they might've only played Warcraft 3 or Pandaria which was pretty much unknown and considered bit of a joke.

However, how much more do we really know about Argus over Xoroth? Sure, we know Argus was the homeworld of the Eredar but that's about it really. So either of the two could be the more important one. Either one could be pretty devastated with some Legion forces there and either one could be home to a massive Legion stronghold. So I feel both of them are to be explored and whichever comes first is irrelevant since we don't know enough to safely say, "Argus/Xoroth is the bigger Legion Stronghold!"

As others have said, the Emerald Dream could be a possibility too. Yes, the book might've said it's dealt with but with the Green Dragonflight going mortal and losing power and all the Emerald Dream could be threatened again. Seeing the Bronze are also in the same situation, maybe we could even see the Infinite and/or another evil seeking to mess up the timelines and we'll go to a "continent" of different scenarios of Azeroth history and we'll have to prevent the timelines from being messed with.

So many possibilities! =D

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post

An Ethereal themed xpac would provide a distinct theme, have an existing race (only less controversially jolly as the Pandaren, and rather popular in the player base already) and fit in with the main Legion story arc.

That would be the definition of filler content.

I'd like to see a completely different world instead of more Azeroth continents. If we're going to see a Burning Legion expansion, I think it'd be cool to have just one new 90+ zone added to Outland. Said new Outland zone would have a few quests that lead up to a portal which sends you to Argus, and most of the major content would be centered around that.

BC was my favorite expansion, and one of the big reasons for that is the fact that I loved Outland so much. So yeah, I'd love to see more "alien planet" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Why filler? Would it be filler to have the Legion attack the Ethereals' home base/world (possibly a retaken K'aresh) or the Ethereals maybe trying to retake K'aresh, the Naaru feeling their distress and tells Velen about it, he then tells the Alliance about it, Horde spies learn about it and all go to aid them, try to get offworld knowledge and resources and kick the Legion's Ass?

Deleted
    Why filler? Would it be filler to have the Legion attack the Ethereals' home base/world (possibly a retaken K'aresh) or the Ethereals maybe trying to retake K'aresh, the Naaru feeling their distress and tells Velen about it, he then tells the Alliance about it, Horde spies learn about it and all go to aid them, try to get offworld knowledge and resources and kick the Legion's Ass?
    Or perhaps having Dimensius as an antagonist? Yeah I know he was "killed" in a quest in Netherstorm, but I think a being that has the balls to shatter an entire planet would be a little more powerful to be killed off in a random group quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Or perhaps having Dimensius as an antagonist? Yeah I know he was "killed" in a quest in Netherstorm, but I think a being that has the balls to shatter an entire planet would be a little more powerful to be killed off in a random group quest.
    Don't think he shattered the planet, but sure as hell did decimate anything in his path while he was there. But yes, Dimensius, being a void lord and all, could come back with more power and be a big bad for something on K'aresh or otherworld related. =)

Deleted
    Don't think he shattered the planet, but sure as hell did decimate anything in his path while he was there. But yes, Dimensius, being a void lord and all, could come back with more power and be a big bad for something on K'aresh or otherworld related. =)
    How Dimensius found K'aresh is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in arcane and dark energies.
    I think that would be enough to tear a planet into pieces, like Outland. Yes it didn't say that it was but still.

Also do voidwalker's really die when they are killed? I don't know about the regular mobs but at least the bosses usually are all like "back to the void" and stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-04-28 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    That's like saying everything between the opening credits and the final scene of a film is filler contents. Content that furthers the story arch is not filler content, and the Ethereals (or whatever other world we might go to) may play an important part in the fight against the BL.

Especially since, like I said, Warcraft is in all likeliness meant to be a persistent Universe, and WoW in oarticular is meant to be a persistent game world with (probably) no predefined end, so the "filler content" idea doesn't even make sense as it presumes WoW is about going from A to B, with B being the conclusive end.