Poll: Do you think it might happen?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syferite View Post
    You have Stormwind, a massive kingdom that is well protected by mountains and with one of the greatest ports in game, but your surroundings lands are being ravaged by undead, the brotherhood and remnants of the Dark Horde.

The Night's Watch have had to fend off attacks from the undead and feral worgen by themselves.
    Westfall is a shithole of poverty and crime, and nearly everyone there hates the King.
    And Lakeshire had to hold back an entire invading force of Orcs with the aid of FIVE people.

That's not even the icing on the cake yet. No one, other than a small group of people, have done anything with the Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge. The Alliance doesn't even have a hold on the Badlands. Which is quite pathetic when you consider these 3 zones are located between a great Dwarven and Human Kingdom.

Even the Wetlands and Arathi Highlands are in a complete state of shit.

So really? Set up a force to invade Lordaeron when the situation in your surrounding lands is abyssal?

I don't think it's so much of the playerbase fault as it is Blizzard's fault however. I get that they wanted to make your toon a hero that is the savior of these lands, but the total lack of regard Stormwind has for its neighboring zones is disgusting. Why on Earth would they send resources to gain a foothold in Andorhal when people are dying of starvation in Westfall? It just makes zero tactical sense.

So in return the Alliance playerbase still clings on to their only source of good lore, since the alternatives has been taken a shit on by Blizzard. Honestly, the Alliance should just start demanding for their own source of lore instead of lore that is intervened with the Horde. Cleanse Karazhan, fortify Nethergarde, restore Loch Modan and Arathi Highlands, eliminate the Dark Horde. This is what the Alliance on the EK should be focused on.
    THIS is a good reason. The Alliance holds a lot of land but much of it is in bad conditions. They need guard patrolling in Westfall and duskwood, they need to rebuild their kingdoms.
    A less intelligent reason is:" the bad and insensible alliance shouldn't try to reclaim lordaeron because the forsaken are the poor poor poor people who lived there. And they chose their queen in a very democratic way. You would be heartless!!!" No. They are some (probably the majority) of the former lordaeron citizens and they have a SELF-PROCLAIMED queen (you can deny it forever, but in the end of the frozen throne she said "well, we have lordaeron, we betrayed everyone and I'm your queen ok?") who punishes generals in an unorthodox way and tests her plague upon his own people. As I said, a dictator. And then?
    Then the forsaken are the rightful owners of lordaeron, but the alliance could try to reclaim (yes, reclaim, the alliance was in the past the alliance OF LORDAERON, does it tell you anything?) that wonderful plagued kingdom.
    The problem: lorewise, the alliance CAN'T reclaim lordaeron. They have some adjacent regions in a complete state of shit which have to be rebuilt and they just lost a war (more precisly, they just won a war where they lost many many settlements). And lordaeron would bring now more losses than benefits.
    Game wise, Lordaeron is the powerhub of the forsaken, one of the playble races, then is impossible in wow to see lordaeron in other hands.
    And honestly, if the horde loses lordaeron then the alliance should lose northern kalimdor, otherwise bye bye gamebalance.
    Last edited by Octavius; 2013-05-02 at 07:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    A huge useless chunk of iron. How do you determine its power? How do you even know it's a bomb? As you've noted, they didn't use it on the Scourge despite obvious possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    This approach suggests that torture starts after the conflict, and that not everyone receives it. Good to let off steam, but Tzeentch's approach suggests that torture starts... that it has already started years ago - and it has a mental component!
    This approach offends slaanesh !!! Things shall get loud now !!!
    Seriously there is nothing tzeentch can do that is worse than noise cannon set on "rebbeca black - friday" or "justin bieber - baby". Now you know why emperors children are legion of sickest bastards in eniverse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    they have a SELF-PROCLAIMED queen (you can deny it forever, but in the end of the frozen throne she said "well, we have lordaeron, we betrayed everyone and I'm your queen ok?")
    I guess you played a bad pirated translation of Frozen Throne then. Also, every founder of the dynasty is self-proclaimed. Do her people revolt? Nope. Do her people show signs of being oppressed? Nope. They only show borderline worship.
    Then the forsaken are the rightful owners of lordaeron, but the alliance could try to reclaim (yes, reclaim, the alliance was in the past the alliance OF LORDAERON, does it tell you anything?) that wonderful plagued kingdom.
    Alliance of Lordaeron, you say? Technically Stormwind betrayed it, because, oh the irony, they are at war with Lordaeron now. Why are ally boys so butthurt about that chunk of uninhabitable land far in the north anyway? An urge to drop democracy on it?

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This approach offends slaanesh !!! Things shall get loud now !!!
    Seriously there is nothing tzeentch can do that is worse than noise cannon set on "rebbeca black - friday" or "justin bieber - baby". Now you know why emperors children are legion of sickest bastards in eniverse.
    BURN!!!

But wait...

What if I told you... that Tzeentch has orchestrated the creation of those "songs" to torment the minds of mortals?

I guess you played a bad pirated translation of Frozen Throne then. Also, every founder of the dynasty is self-proclaimed. Do her people revolt? Nope. Do her people show signs of being oppressed? Nope. They only show borderline worship.

Alliance of Lordaeron, you say? Technically Stormwind betrayed it, because, oh the irony, they are at war with Lordaeron now. Why are ally boys so butthurt about that chunk of uninhabitable land far in the north anyway? An urge to drop democracy on it?
    If stormwind betrayed the alliance of lordaeron then doomhammer and thrall betrayed the horde because they do not follow their founder, gul'dan. Then you have a bad idea about the political formations. Alliances are made of governaments, not the lands themself or founders. Stormwind was allied of the NATIONS of the alliance of lordaeron. The main nation, Lordaeron, is no more. So stormwind didn't betray anything. However, I haven't the urge to drop democracy, it was an observation to which you have not given a meaningful answer. Maybe the forsaken never show signs of rebellion against Sylvanas, but maybe they fear her. A dictator could have stability without being loved, that is what it so although every dictator starts with the popular consensus.
    Last edited by Octavius; 2013-05-02 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    for reference gul'dan didnt found the horde, Ner'Zhul did

also thrall refers to his reign as the "New Horde"

and saying the forsaken fear her is just grasping at straws tbh, we've been given evidence for the entirety of WoW that they think shes a great leader for them
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-05-02 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    for reference gul'dan didnt found the horde, Ner'Zhul did

also thrall refers to his reign as the "New Horde"
    Mhmm yes but I was referring to the blood pact, however you're right, Ner'zhul founded the horde. I think Thrall refers to his reign as new horde simply because the horde was defeated and disbanded.

Deleted
    A huge useless chunk of iron. How do you determine its power? How do you even know it's a bomb? As you've noted, they didn't use it on the Scourge despite obvious possibility.
    What a retarded question.
    What is it then? A goddamn gnomish rainbow-maker?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    What a retarded question.
    What is it then? A goddamn gnomish rainbow-maker?
    Knowing gnomes, its malfunctioning rainbow-maker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Knowing gnomes, its malfunctioning rainbow-maker.
    Gnomes don't usually create inventions that malfunct. Their inventions do really well, but usually they do very well at stuff that they WEREN'T supposed to do.

Gnomes don't usually create inventions that malfunct. Their inventions do really well, but usually they do very well at stuff that they WEREN'T supposed to do.
    Just another proof that gnomes have low inteligence. Its all instincts ingrained in them from times when they were titan constructs. They dont know what the hell they are making, they just make it.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 10:58 AM ----------

BURN!!!

But wait...

What if I told you... that Tzeentch has orchestrated the creation of those "songs" to torment the minds of mortals?
    Your hope in tzeentch shall be your undoing
    "Just as planned" tzeentch said, celebrating his yet another glorious plan. Yes the misery he will bring to puny imperial followers... "well i deserve a reward now !!!".
    He sat in his favourite chair ready to listen to his favourite playlist. As he started to relax he heard horrific shriek " MYYYY JEAAAANS". "What is this blashpemy ?" He said clearly terrified browsing his playlist. It took him mere seconds to realise that all thousand of his playlists were defiled, but who who could do this ? "It would take a tactical genius to... CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" echoed through emptyness of warp.

And on topic of gnomes, what is the point arguing ? We know they are little pathetic failures who survived only due mercy of slighty lesser failures. Name one usefull gnomish invention.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-05-02 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Just another proof that gnomes have low inteligence. Its all instincts ingrained in them from times when they were titan constructs. They dont know what the hell they are making, they just make it.
    This is some kind of genius in its own right tough.
    Unlike Goblins, who KNOW what they do and they still explode.

Unlike Goblins, who KNOW what they do and they still explode.
    They WANT it to explode.

Deleted
    They WANT it to explode.
    I doubt they want to explode with it tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they want to explode with it tough.
    Yeah i wonder why would goblin sappers attach explosives to themselves ??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Alliances are made of governaments, not the lands themself or founders.
    Then what does the Alliance have on Lordaeronian land?
    Stormwind was allied of the NATIONS of the alliance of lordaeron. The main nation, Lordaeron, is no more.
    Who the hell are Forsaken then? They are Lordaeronians, born, raised, died and raised in that land.
    Maybe the forsaken never show signs of rebellion against Sylvanas, but maybe they fear her. A dictator could have stability without being loved, that is what it so although every dictator starts with the popular consensus.
    Maybe Wrynn is a totalitarian tyrant? There's more of that than of what you make up about Forsaken. Westfall is a good demonstration of Wrynn regime's other side. People eat mud, squat in the fields and on the abandoned farms, crime is rampant, and soldiers forbid people to enter Sentinel Hill to seek shelter. People try to rebel against the injustice and put on red masks as a symbol of defiance, but are slaughtered by "righteous heroes". And Wrynn gets a statue of himself in the palace's courtyard (the one in Valiance Keep obviously wasn't enough) during all that. For what?

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 04:31 AM ----------

Which is exactly why I question the function of that metal thingy.
    Ork Meks maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Your hope in tzeentch shall be your undoing
    But it's a fun undoing, that's the point of Chaos worship!

The entire premise of neo-Westfall is a ridiculous allegory of the Iraq war's supposed effect on the American economy, hamhandedly comparing Varian with Dubya. Never mind the economy started to tank as early as 1998, so the war expenditures had very little to do with it, and the very idea of "rampant unemployment" in a medieval fief is completely absurd. I'm not even sure who the Defias are supposed to be analogous to in all this. Those Occupy Wall Street morons? It's just as out of place as Indiana Jones and Rambo.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I prefer it to be the way it is now and with the Forsaken completely rebuilding the city.