Thread: New jeeves...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New jeeves...

Hey guys, when i was raiding before i started to think about jeeves and reforging. First we got reforging and now in MoP we got a mount with reforge avaliable on it. Do you think it would be possible to uppgrade your jeeves or build a new model that have reforging in it? I tought it was a cool ideá but what do you guys think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense, but I don't know if it would ever actually happen.

Then again, Blizzard has surprised me before.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

That would be awesome!

I think engineers probably have enough bonuses, Blizzard won't want to give them even more.

I'd rather see scribes making scrolls to allow reforge an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think engineers probably have enough bonuses, Blizzard won't want to give them even more.
    As a few of these "bonuses" is pretty much free ("free" for repairs I guess ) for everyone to use, why not add more?
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't believe it would be a engineering bonus, but a raid bonus, you know? I rarely see Engineers using Jeeves JUST to repair some gear... Most people use it mid-raid to avoid having the whole raid going to a major city just to repair their equipment.

Just like that, some people get new equipmentes mid-raid and have their hit/expertise/haste/whatever changed, so they need to reforge to continue progressing.

Idk, I love the idea... I don't even know how I never thought about that! haha

Or update jeeves. He is suppose to be the perfect butler anyway. What butler would refuse his master's request to reforge when he does as his master commands inregards to disposing of unwanted items.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by laassee View Post
    Hey guys, when i was raiding before i started to think about jeeves and reforging. First we got reforging and now in MoP we got a mount with reforge avaliable on it. Do you think it would be possible to uppgrade your jeeves or build a new model that have reforging in it? I tought it was a cool ideá but what do you guys think about it?
    I could see it as something new next expansion. Add a reforge, call it brand new and there you go. Engineering is done. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I don't believe it would be a engineering bonus, but a raid bonus, you know? I rarely see Engineers using Jeeves JUST to repair some gear... Most people use it mid-raid to avoid having the whole raid going to a major city just to repair their equipment.

Just like that, some people get new equipmentes mid-raid and have their hit/expertise/haste/whatever changed, so they need to reforge to continue progressing.

Idk, I love the idea... I don't even know how I never thought about that! haha
    I drop jeeves tons when i am alone.... why not use it? others should come prepared with their gear repaired =p

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I drop jeeves tons when i am alone.... why not use it? others should come prepared with their gear repaired =p
    Most of the time, you can just use a repair mount, but they can come in handy on this times when "mounts" are not allowed to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need a new Jeeves, we have Blingtron! And he's so useful!
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    And reduce or eliminate the CD on Jeeves. Someone with a repair mount can just summon it whenever they want (presuming they're not indoors), and boom, repairs, etc. Jeeves, we have to wait around for.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-28 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has said they think there's too much stuff to do when you get a new item now, and have hinted they might remove some of the things we do, like reforging. It's all been rather vague, but they have done so mulitple times, so I'm not sure we'll even be able to still reforge next expansion. If we do though, I would very much welcome a Jeeves like robot ( or just straight Jeeves upgrade) that would allow us to also reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Hahaha, yes, but in a progressive raiding environment, you'll hardly need to repair your gear while alone, specially if you're DPS. But when your entire raid wipes god-knows-how-many-times in one single day and you can't afford to EVERYONE go to Org/SW repair their equipment, Jeeves is really useful! Just like it'd be to have a Reforger for when you or any raidmember gets new equipment and needs tweaking.

I think just changing Jeeves to add Reforge wouldn't be right, but implement a new recipe (it can even be named Jeeves 2.0, I don't care) would be better. It's not THAT needed, I just think Reforging mid-raid without effort (going outside to mount or going to Org) would be pretty neat!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    an update with a reputation (like the Tillers guys or Nat) and repair discount like a faction
    the reputation will raise by X for every gold you give to him, for both repair and buying stuff :P

Deleted
    Nice with the positive replys gentlemen. And yes ofc i was talking about parts in raids where you can't mount... We are progressing on ji-kun atm and when you go on too the halls off flesh-shaping where you can't mount but still get some gear, it's nice to be able to reforge. and yeah, it really don't make engineering more OP it's just more beneficial for the raid.

On the move reforging/transmog would be nice, aside from that expensive new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Blizz has said they think there's too much stuff to do when you get a new item now, and have hinted they might remove some of the things we do, like reforging. It's all been rather vague, but they have done so mulitple times, so I'm not sure we'll even be able to still reforge next expansion. If we do though, I would very much welcome a Jeeves like robot ( or just straight Jeeves upgrade) that would allow us to also reforge.
    At the same time, the reason we have Reforging is to help with having secondary stats with hard caps (Hit/Exp), which if this tier taught us, is still a very real problem with gear. Reforging won't disappear until an alternative to being over/under hit caps can be found.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this idea would be awesome, and I'm fine with the materials being expensive. Engineering is suppose to be a fun profession. Adding reforging as an additional to it would good.