Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many alchemists do you have? What else is there to duplicate as far as...

Professions go?

I am approaching my final 90, #11 and I cannot think of a profession to give him, I have 3 alchemists already, but really what else is there to double (triple, quad, etc) up on except alchemy? I have 600 profs in everything else and I cannot think of a CD to duplicate except alchemy, am I missing a CD that is valuable?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    get him engineering, good utility

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting > sha crystal
    Inscription > scroll
    Best bet would be another alchemist imo as neither of those 2 above seem worth anymore.

Only other profession I can think of that was worth having duplicates of other than alchemy for me was Leatherworking. I have 2, one focuses on leathers, while the other one does mail.

This was because in the course of level to both max level and maxing their profession you would always end up with a few excess leathers at the end and could buy a small handfull of useful patterns, but you only had enough to buy 1-2 leather ones or 1-2 mail ones, you couldn't really get both right away without farming a bit first.

So when one toon leveled they picked up the agility leather pieces (for my druid tank alt) and the other picked up the agility mail pieces (for my shaman and hunter alts).

Mop has kinda changed this, since doing your magnificience of leather CD will allow you to learn mail patterns too, like the 522 epics and what not.

Multiple alchemists for Living Steel is still among the best options.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    skilled inscription on 3 alts before the MoP release

best. move. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Enchanting > sha crystal
    Inscription > scroll
    Best bet would be another alchemist imo as neither of those 2 above seem worth anymore.
    I have every prof with 5 alchemists and 3 enchanters. At the beginning of the exp inscr is good for Darkmoon cards. Now not so much. Enchanters are good throughout the exp and even better if you actually play them since you can DE drops from LFR. With greater charms I farm LFR with some of my enchs and get around 10 sha crystals per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 2 alchemists, but I turned 1 into a Scribe before Mists. The result was that I could make twice the cards in early Mists and get twice the decks out, so I broke the bank instead of just making a filthy amount of gold. Inscription will most likely not make you much gold right now, but it will also not cost you much to level it, and when the next expansion inevitably gets here you'll be in a prime position to make a huge amount of gold.

I'm allready planning to get a level 60 priest with skinning/Ench up to 90 and replacing skinning with Inscription so I have 3 scribes for the next expansion. (don't ask about the profs she has now, I have no idea what posessed me to take this combo )

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have four alchemists. I like the profession, it's always useful really. Beyond that I try to have like one of each crafting prof. I have doubled up on Engineering and Enchanting. I try and keep gathering profs only while leveling and then dumping them as I reach the max level, which ofcause when the next expansion rolls around turns out to be somewhat expensive. But I just can't be arsed to farm; i'd rather farm the ah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 as well. I would make a 2nd inscriptionest before I made a 4th alchemist strictly for the scrolls.
    Don't dish it if you can't take it...
    WotLK was/is the best expansion. It is not up for debate, just accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    skilled inscription on 3 alts before the MoP release

best. move. ever.
    We're in the money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring, but there is a time commitment involved! I have four tailors and four alchemists. I am currently in the process of doing the dailies to get exalted with August Celestials on all four of the toons. The gold is good from the dailies, and over the course of doing all the dailies to get exalted I expect to make around 10-15k gold from quest rewards. But, the big reward is currently sitting on stacks of 150 Imperial Silk with each toon. 12 silk per bag, that comes out to around 50-60 bags (depending on when I finish rep up.) Since each bag will be sold for around 4k, that is 200k right there.

As others have said, enchanting has the dailies cd, inscription has the dailies cd. Blacksmiths have the new daily cd, but I'm not sure what the long-term market on the weapons will be. I have found alchemy and tailoring to be the best professions to double up on.

Hmm, Tailor/Ench, this has possibilities. I didn't even think about the bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is nice to meet an altoholic as well! I have two more levels on my 2nd druid, and I will have 11 max level characters on a server. Over a million gold, now I can sit back and play the game!

What about a blacksmith? You can then get the epic weapon stuff to make in the Thunderforge and with 3 alchemists already you've got plenty of cooldowns to make Living Steel so you just need to get the Lightning Steels to make the stuff. On my realm the final 502 epic weapons are selling for between 40,000g and 60,000g. Ok, it takes a long time to make one but once you get one, they're worth it.

Could opt for 2 engineers, 1 gnomish, the other goblin. Otherwise, yeah, no harm in additional transmute masters (if you have 1 flask and 1 potion). I more or less have the same setup...my upcoming rogue and possible monk will just be additional transmute masters. It helps that alchemy is significantly easier to level than other professions (in my experience) and can make steady gold.

LoL... I cannot understand the need for 3+ Alchemists. I have one (xmute master) and he is plenty.

If you really want to go ham, and gold cap a char in a week or two.

I recommend Druid (Tauren), Herba / Mining. With the current market, this all you need.

Crafting professions are small potatoes, even if you're a top 10 seller on Undermine.

I dont do alot of alts. My druid is my main with Ench/Alch (Xmute). I have another druid I use from Herb/Mining/banker.

Since I do alot of random bg's for the fun of it, I can just go farm honor, buy cloaks, DE. I push out ALOT of crystals by the end of the week.
    Alchemy - Once a day, do LS CD, (when I'm not busy, mine), xmute to Trilluim bars. Make fair amount of coin each week that way.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    What about a blacksmith? You can then get the epic weapon stuff to make in the Thunderforge and with 3 alchemists already you've got plenty of cooldowns to make Living Steel so you just need to get the Lightning Steels to make the stuff. On my realm the final 502 epic weapons are selling for between 40,000g and 60,000g. Ok, it takes a long time to make one but once you get one, it's a new tier.
    fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by STOYGON View Post
    LoL... I cannot understand the need for 3+ Alchemists. I have one (xmute master) and he is plenty.

If you really want to go ham, and gold cap a char in a week or two.

I recommend Druid (Tauren), Herba / Mining. With the current market, this all you need.

Crafting professions are small potatoes, even if you're a top 10 seller on Undermine.
    I would bet every gold piece I have that if you give me X amount of time to use all my professions vs. X amount of time farming, professions win hands down. It would make more sense if you posted some logic behind not having multiple alchemists.

For example, if you bought GIO for 50/stack, before the bots were banned prior to 5.2, this means that each trillium bar costs you 50g via smelting/transmuting. So at the minimum each Living steel costs 300g not accounting for procs on the trillium or LS. Turn the LS into buckles, gear or sell them straight up if the price is right. LS bars and buckles have been in the range of 600-825g in the past 3 weeks so with only using alchemy each day:

300g/LS= sell for lets say a 700g average leaves you with 400g straight profit for a minutes worth of work. My trillium proc rate is about 13% so in a given week using 5 transmute masters = 210 trillium casts which would yield on average an extra 27 bars @ 90g per that is another 2430g per week. Using the same 13% on LS procs would = 35 LS/week would yield an extra 5 LS/week @ 700g per.

Investment 300g per Alchemist:

1=400g +486g +700g Total 1586g
    2=800g +972g +1400g 3172g
    3=1200g +1458g +2100g 4758g
    4=1600g +1944g +2800g 6344g
    5=2000g +2430g +3500g 7930g

Obviously the markets across servers are different so these numbers could be up/down based on your economy. I would much rather take the few minutes of Alchemy combines over the few hours of farming needed to make the same amount of gold and keep in mind this is only 1 profession.