Thread: New jeeves...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be an awesome idea, been wondering about that, or a transportable summoning stone (To make more people able to summon).

But again, Blizzard enjoys to bump us further downt the line. Nothing on 5.2, and nothing except a pet or two in 5.3 - I am growing more eager by the fact that we haven't gotten an update for engineers, but all others have (Except Alchemy, struggling there too).

But loooove your idea, could be cool. I already have a mini city when I pop everything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by laassee View Post
    Hey guys, when i was raiding before i started to think about jeeves and reforging. First we got reforging and now in MoP we got a mount with reforge avaliable on it. Do you think it would be possible to uppgrade your jeeves or build a new model that have reforging in it? I tought it was a cool ideá but what do you guys think about it?

I think it would be even cooler to have an upgraded Jeeves (Call him AL-4RD) that can handle both reforging and transmog on the spot.

Deleted
    never gonna happen...

(Simple Weapon n' Armor Graphical Overhaul)
    SWAGO-X101 should be the name of the thing, if a transmogrification is ever implemented for Engineers

Give the upgraded Jeeves a top hat and a monocle, a reduced cooldown and perhaps access to other stuff, like a remote auctionhouse/skill trainer/drinks vendor (obviously not all haha). I do love engineering but it needs some major love from Blizz.

that would be an awesome addition, and i don't see how it makes engineering any more powerful. just a really useful thing to have imo.

Things I'd love to see for engineer bots:
    - Jeeves becomes exalted vendor for other engineers.. Discount at repairs <woot!>
    - Portable summon device - working just like lock coffin but with a 1h CD
    - reforge vendor - just like jeeves - 1h CD

All new bots could be quite pricey to make, like using 10-20 living steels or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Ive said this before but Blingtron should've been a reforge repair vendor and tbh when it was first announced i thought that it would

Its not too late you know blizz to add that

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    At the same time, the reason we have Reforging is to help with having secondary stats with hard caps (Hit/Exp), which if this tier taught us, is still a very real problem with gear. Reforging won't disappear until an alternative to being over/under hit caps can be found.
    Or they just remove hit caps because they find them boring.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would be an awesome idea, been wondering about that, or a transportable summoning stone (To make more people able to summon).

But again, Blizzard enjoys to bump us further downt the line. Nothing on 5.2, and nothing except a pet or two in 5.3 - I am growing more eager by the fact that we haven't gotten an update for engineers, but all others have (Except Alchemy, struggling there too).

But loooove your idea, could be cool. I already have a mini city when I pop everything.
    Addtional gear patterns are not an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Or they just remove hit caps because they find them boring.
    But that makes no sense, really. If a boss can avoid being hit then hit needs to stay as a stat. If it's a stat it will always have a cap because at some point you've negated the avoidance chance and it's nonsensical to have a better than 100% chance to hit something. They could move the cap up so high that you can never actually reach it but that will just piss off people as their big ability to do amazing damage on a 2 min CD misses due to the 0.1% miss chance.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But that makes no sense, really. If a boss can avoid being hit then hit needs to stay as a stat. If it's a stat it will always have a cap because at some point you've negated the avoidance chance and it's nonsensical to have a better than 100% chance to hit something. They could move the cap up so high that you can never actually reach it but that will just piss off people as their big ability to do amazing damage on a 2 min CD misses due to the 0.1% miss chance.
    They've been talking about simplifying item processes for awhile now. The only reason reforging is seen as a necessity is because of how difficult it can be to hit hit caps. If they want to remove reforging, I think removing hit caps would make the transition easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    They've been talking about simplifying item processes for awhile now. The only reason reforging is seen as a necessity is because of how difficult it can be to hit hit caps. If they want to remove reforging, I think removing hit caps would make the transition easier.
    But I don't need haste. It's nice to reforge it to something useful (like crit) if I can't have better item in that slot.

Oh ye, I support Jeeves idea

Interesting idea and would be happy to see that change, though I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    At the same time, the reason we have Reforging is to help with having secondary stats with hard caps (Hit/Exp), which if this tier taught us, is still a very real problem with gear. Reforging won't disappear until an alternative to being over/under hit caps can be found.
    Reforging has made hitting the caps trivial. You just download an addon, run it and wait. Barring the occasional item with retardedly high exp/hit values, you can pretty much always get within a few points.

It's become like the talent system prior to MoP. There is simply a "right" way to do it and anyone that doesn't know it is a "retard-scrub-nub". It also makes the game less fun. Quite often our raiders don't want to use the new items with the higher ilvl because it would put them way over the cap with no way to get rid of it.

I think it's time for them to simply remove hit/exp and their caps. There will be complaints if they did, much like when they redid the talents. Catering to casuals, simplifying/destroying my game, all that nonsense. But it would make the game more fun if upgrades were more viable. There are certain things in MMOs that are seemingly sacrosanct, when they really shouldn't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be awesome, but it's being a bit kind to engineering.

But as Engineering is one of my profs, I don't care!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Reforging has made hitting the caps trivial. You just download an addon, run it and wait. Barring the occasional item with retardedly high exp/hit values, you can pretty much always get within a few points.

It's become like the talent system prior to MoP. There is simply a "right" way to do it and anyone that doesn't know it is a "retard-scrub-nub". It also makes the game less fun. Quite often our raiders don't want to use the new items with the higher ilvl because it would put them way over the cap with no way to get rid of it.

I think it's time for them to simply remove hit/exp and their caps. There will be complaints if they did, much like when they redid the talents. Catering to casuals, simplifying/destroying my game, all that nonsense. But it would make the game more fun if upgrades were more viable. There are certain things in MMOs that are seemingly sacrosanct, when they really shouldn't be.
    And how would you solve then dodge/parry if you remove expertise? And fury warrior would never miss boss with auto attacks? There are more real problems then "catering to casuals".

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    And how would you solve then dodge/parry if you remove expertise? And fury warrior would never miss boss with auto attacks? There are more real problems then "catering to casuals".
    By making it so every swing hits and balancing the damage around that.

It's really very simple to remove the base dodge/parry/miss nonsense, and from a video game point of view makes little sense anyway. If you're standing behind a stationary target and stab at it with a knife, how likely are you to actually miss? This is crap from tabletop RPGs. It's got no place in a modern, real-time computer game.

Replace the boring "mandatory" stats with more interesting stats. Critical hit damage, bonuses to specific abilities (shammy gets 1% searing totem damage, hunter gets 1% serpent sting), damage reduction. There is a lot of opportunity there for interesting gear choice, rather than just "get item, reforge/gem/enchant item, wear".

That would be pretty cool if they did.

Deleted
    I would add tranmogg to that list for engineers, then it would be a perfect butler, oh and a remote ah while we at it

I'd be happy if they'd simply remove the 2 hour cooldown on Jeeves.