Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan View Post
    Are Warrior's going to be any viable?
    Not implying Warriors are OP here (obviously they are far from that compared to other specs/classes), but they are viable as we speak. Either that, or we have different opinions on what 'viable' is.

    They'll be viable at 5.3 as well.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Mage, Rogue, Disc Priest. For real. Shadow Priests nerfed, Hunters nerfed, RMP should be the best 3s comp.
    It's really too bad. hunters have (sadly) been the mage counter class, so we always get nerfed at some point. I feel for you warriors, because they counter you and if you show any signs of resistance, NERF.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    No, they'll actually be the worst melee class. A warrior these days is just a Poor Man's DK/Rogue, and the enrage regen change next patch is a joke since an instant 5% healing won't save you since every class can crit for 50k+.

    Enhancement shammys will probably even be better then warriors in 5.3 with all the buffs they are getting. WW Monks are getting pretty much a steady 10% damage increase as well. Warriors are going to be in a bad spot even worse then before.
    RSK buff isn't a 10% damage buff, Agree on Enhance, skeptical that Warrior < Ret.

    But yeah. Next patch = even more of Mage/Healer(Disc or RSham)/X(Rogue best slot here)

  4. #24
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    All we can do to stop mages is cross our fingers and hope GC gets moved onto Titan (niart a yb tih ro, taerht a ton si siht).
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Not implying Warriors are OP here (obviously they are far from that compared to other specs/classes), but they are viable as we speak. Either that, or we have different opinions on what 'viable' is.

    They'll be viable at 5.3 as well.
    Viable for sure. But they're being outdone by even the weakest melee in the game in most aspects. That said, the gap between the different melee is smaller than ever. I feel like in 5.3 you'll be able to play a rogue to rank 1 with only slightly more ease than an enhancement shaman or arms warrior.

    Also the hunter nerfs are a slap on the wrist. The class will be fine. The death of thugcleave will come with the rogue nerfs, not the hunter nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #26
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Viable for sure. But they're being outdone by even the weakest melee in the game in most aspects. That said, the gap between the different melee is smaller than ever. I feel like in 5.3 you'll be able to play a rogue to rank 1 with only slightly more ease than an enhancement shaman or arms warrior.

    Also the hunter nerfs are a slap on the wrist. The class will be fine. The death of thugcleave will come with the rogue nerfs, not the hunter nerfs.
    What is your definition of viable? Rank 1 no, Glad, only with Rank 1s, 2200, only with glads, 2k, only with 2.4+ players... I dont consider that viable.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    What is your definition of viable? Rank 1 no, Glad, only with Rank 1s, 2200, only with glads, 2k, only with 2.4+ players... I dont consider that viable.
    With the 5.3 changes we'll definitely be rank 1 viable. The reason we aren't in 5.2 is because we can't live long enough to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Also the hunter nerfs are a slap on the wrist. The class will be fine.
    All through MoP, the absolute best comps have been KFC, followed by thug cleave. There's one common denominator in those comps and it's still flying under the radar.
    Last edited by Ripley6174; 2013-05-01 at 05:36 AM.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    All through MoP, the absolute best comps have been KFC, followed by thug cleave. There's one common denominator in those comps and it's still flying under the radar.
    The hunter? The change to rapid fire set bonus and blink strikes after the power shot change is a pretty big burst nerf. If anyone is still complaining about Stampede, they need to play a team with a single aoe CC. lol

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Viable for sure. But they're being outdone by even the weakest melee in the game in most aspects. That said, the gap between the different melee is smaller than ever. I feel like in 5.3 you'll be able to play a rogue to rank 1 with only slightly more ease than an enhancement shaman or arms warrior.

    Also the hunter nerfs are a slap on the wrist. The class will be fine. The death of thugcleave will come with the rogue nerfs, not the hunter nerfs.
    Ferals are beyond rare, basically nonexistent. Feral is more than fine and viable though, and Warriors are better than Feral. You don't see me QQ'ing. To be honest, I think it's just that you're used to being OP, no offense.

  11. #31
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Ferals are beyond rare, basically nonexistent. Feral is more than fine and viable though, and Warriors are better than Feral. You don't see me QQ'ing. To be honest, I think it's just that you're used to being OP, no offense.
    Rofl. Feral is OP 1v1, is Rank 1 capable right now running with FPS or FMP or Jungle, and is in the exact same spot as Warriors in RBGs, except oh wait you can heal too. Feral has it better then the whole warrior class on live. What i'd give to have a comp that works as well right now as FPS or Jungle.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Rofl. Feral is OP 1v1, is Rank 1 capable right now running with FPS or FMP or Jungle, and is in the exact same spot as Warriors in RBGs, except oh wait you can heal too. Feral has it better then the whole warrior class on live. What i'd give to have a comp that works as well right now as FPS or Jungle.
    Completely missed the point.

  13. #33
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Completely missed the point.
    No I got your argument. Warriors were op for 1 season, and gimp the last oh 20 months before that; so we got used to being OP, yeah that same kind of retarded bullshit some guy comes up with whenever a class is nerfed into the dirt. I wonder how many rogues you said that too in 5.0.

    The problem is your argument is either stupid, see above, or just completely removed from reality, ferals worse off then warriors on live...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No I got your argument. Warriors were op for 1 season, and gimp the last oh 20 months before that; so we got used to being OP, yeah that same kind of retarded bullshit some guy comes up with whenever a class is nerfed into the dirt. I wonder how many rogues you said that too in 5.0.

    The problem is your argument is either stupid, see above, or just completely removed from reality, ferals worse off then warriors on live...
    Ferals are more than fine, but underrepresented. Warriors are at least equal to Ferals, but underrepresented (still better represented than Feral). In your previous post you made it look like I called Ferals bad.

    Let's put it another way; I've been playing Hunter as my main between Vanilla and WotLK S6, after which my Feral Druid became my main up untill now. Combined, my mainclass has probably had 3-4 good seasons, a few moments in which they were actually OP but both were usually nerfed/scaled down before the season even started. That's it. Both of these classes have mostly been eating dirt for years and years. You've basically never heard me complaining about it though.

    On the other hand, Warriors have been either more than 'good' or OP for most of these 8 years now, perhaps probably except for Vanilla and (parts of) season(s) here and there. For that reason, Warriors shouldn't complain when they are 'only viable' (not OP) for once.

    This, was my whole point.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2013-05-02 at 11:20 PM.

  15. #35
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Ferals are more than fine, but underrepresented. Warriors are at least equal to Ferals, but underrepresented (still better represented than Feral). In your previous post you made it look like I called Ferals bad.

    Let's put it another way; I've been playing Hunter as my main between Vanilla and WotLK S6, after which my Feral Druid became my main up untill now. Combined, my mainclass has probably had 3-4 good seasons, a few moments in which they were actually OP but both were usually nerfed/scaled down before the season even started. That's it. Both of these classes have mostly been eating dirt for years and years. You've basically never heard me complaining about it though.

    On the other hand, Warriors have been either more than 'good' or OP for most of these 8 years now, perhaps probably except for Vanilla and (parts of) season(s) here and there. For that reason, Warriors shouldn't complain when they are 'only viable' (not OP) for once.

    This, was my whole point.
    Lol FOR ONCE. I guess you didnt play the majority of Cataclysm, or the Start of Wrath. You also dont understand the proper way to use rep. When you have slightly less high end arena rep as feral, but less then 1/10 the number of people playing feral, that argument does not favor your side.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    With how things are shaping up what do you guys think is going to be the dominant class/spec for damage and healers in 5.3?
    Any healing spec. Healers will be unstoppable in 5.3 :\

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Lol FOR ONCE. I guess you didnt play the majority of Cataclysm, or the Start of Wrath. You also dont understand the proper way to use rep. When you have slightly less high end arena rep as feral, but less then 1/10 the number of people playing feral, that argument does not favor your side.
    Even during the 'majority of Cataclysm, or the start of wrath', Warriors were fine/good. I never said they've been OP for 8 years. I said they've been good or OP for most of the 8 years and that is just a fact, make of it what you want.

    Also, 1/10? I'm pretty sure there are still 11 classes, 33 specs. Not to mention, the fact that less people play Feral in the first place is simply because it is not as 'facerollable', easy or overpowered as a truckload of other classes/specs out there. A spec/class that is good and easy will always be chosen over a good but not so easy spec/class.

    Anyway, I'm out of here. It's the same pointless shit as always.

  18. #38
    Hybrids will be massively overpowered. Enhance, elemental, feral, ret, boomkin will be able to shit on any pure while keeping up their teammates if 5.3 goes live in it's current state.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Ferals are beyond rare, basically nonexistent. Feral is more than fine and viable though, and Warriors are better than Feral. You don't see me QQ'ing. To be honest, I think it's just that you're used to being OP, no offense.
    Warriors are for all intents and purposes at their 4.3 level lows right now in 5.2 because all other specs/classes are that much better off. Yes, even enhance.

    The spec is also rare for the exact same reason rets are rare or enhance is rare: because they have healing specs with which it's a ton easier to find teams/get higher ratings.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-03 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #39
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,198
    Even during the 'majority of Cataclysm, or the start of wrath', Warriors were fine/good.
    Stupidest thing I've read on these forums this year.


    Let's get this back on topic.

    Post Find Weakness nerf, post what Ive read is a substantial CnD nerf, Rogues just got put in the middle of the pack. Mages are now the last stupid OP on Live class to remain. Hunters, Shadow Priests, and now Rogues got what was coming to them.

    Always mages... always.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-03 at 02:35 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  20. #40
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    My money is on the return of RMP and maybe the rise of windwalker/mage/disc.
    I hope so, so I can finally brush the dust off of my Windwalker and get some skulls smashed with it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •