10+ Year Old Account

10man healing Vs 25man [Holy]

My guild might be breaking up into two 10 mans and I have always healed in 25 mans so I would love for advice on 10man healing. What are the differences, talent(s), glyphs, spells, etc from 25 too 10man?! Thanks

Don't use Light of dawn as much and EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF EF

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    My guild might be breaking up into two 10 mans and I have always healed in 25 mans so I would love for advice on 10man healing. What are the differences, talent(s), glyphs, spells, etc from 25 too 10man?! Thanks
    Mostly it's the same. There's less good opportunities for HR so you might see yourself using single-target HL and DL more.

Your LoD and Holy Prism heal half the raid rather than 1/5 of it. Rejoice! With that in mind, the nice thing about healing in 10 man is you have a much larger control on how your raid health bars move. My overheal always decreases in my 10 mans seeing as I don't have to fight over 5 other healers to heal up the hurt raid member faster than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Mostly it's the same. There's less good opportunities for HR so you might see yourself using single-target HL and DL more.
    99% of the time, every heal you cast, that doesn't have a cooldown or use holy power, should be HR, even if you only hit 1 target with it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The biggest difference is the stress of having the entire raid on your shoulders, you have to be a lot more careful with things like Divine Plea, you'll very rarely be able to get away with Potion of Focus and things like that.
    If you work well with your other healers though, you shouldn't see a big difference, just that you have to be a lot more careful

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    99% of the time, every heal you cast, that doesn't have a cooldown or use holy power, should be HR, even if you only hit 1 target with it.
    Since when has that been the case? If you're only going to hit 1 person with HR, why wouldn't you just DL the tank for a tower proc instead? You still get the holy power, you generate a bigger mastery shield and the mana cost and cast times are the same.

I'd take casting HR over DL if you can hit 3+ targets with the HR, but if not, you've just taken an HPS and an HPM loss at the same time for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Since when has that been the case? If you're only going to hit 1 person with HR, why wouldn't you just DL the tank for a tower proc instead? You still get the holy power, you generate a bigger mastery shield and the mana cost and cast times are the same.

I'd take casting HR over DL if you can hit 3+ targets with the HR, but if not, you've just taken an HPS and an HPM loss at the same time for no good reason.
    Because Daybreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post

Daybreak and the fact that you get holy power 100% when cast on any target. I mostly heal the same way. Many paladins hardly ever cast HL and DL. The only times I ever really cast DL is with the cast speed increase proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Because Daybreak.
    Aren't they putting a stop to that in 5.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Yup

I agree casting HR > DL in the respect of healing meters but in high damage situations it would obviously be better to precast DLs to keep tanks up. Just thinking of H Horridon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Yep, but we're still in 5.2 and we're still using T14, so by that logic we should still be making use of the mechanics available to us

Is this HR casting limited to just 10 mans/T14 users?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I'm well aware you made this argument, I also disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yep, but we're still in 5.2 and we're still using T14, so by that logic we should still be making use of the mechanics available to us
    Well he only says his guild might be splitting, ergo they haven't yet, so by the time he gets any serious raiding done as a 10 the Daybreak thing will be out.

But more generally better to warn him that gets removed in 5.3 than have him accept it as a standard way of playing long term.