Thread: a new idea

  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135

    a new idea

    as many people have suggested to stop bots using captures with those annoying letters you can hardly read ive been on websites where you have to solve a puzzle, so what i think blizz should do is have a 4 or 6 piece puzzel to solve before entering a bg and you get 2 tries at it before you are kicked from the que

    example captchas: http://www.digital-spin.com/demo.php

    The Puzzle CAPTCHA

    To complete this CAPTCHA the user must adjust the slider, located at the bottom left corner of the CAPTCHA, to rotate the puzzle pieces into their correctly aligned positions. This CAPTCHA is simple and elegant while remaining a very effective deterrent to bots posting spam and complete malicious registrations.It would be best suited for a blog or similar webpage, with a low to medium number of posts and traffic. This CAPTCHA can also accommodate advertisements with a link to the product or webpage of the advertiser.

  2. #2
    The problem is that 50% of WoW players would end up being kicked from the queue and proceed to cry on forums and ask if there was an addon or a guide for the puzzles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    every video game has gamey aspects to it

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games
    That's not true at all.

    Talking about kids i just a lame excuse for people who suck.
    Omg you dps is below average? I bet you are 10 aint you?

    That's not true at all, i've been a MMO player for like 10 years now, and im sure alot of people are.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  5. #5
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,918
    Assuming they aren't total random then bots will likely eventually crack it.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Derinii - Wyrmrest Accord | Pridistia - Wyrmrest Accord (going to faction change)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    as many people have suggested to stop bots using captures with those annoying letters you can hardly read ive been on websites where you have to solve a puzzle, so what i think blizz should do is have a 4 or 6 piece puzzel to solve before entering a bg and you get 2 tries at it before you are kicked from the que
    I hate captchas mostly because a lot of them you cant tell what they say and you have to keep guessing and re-entering the stuff it erases in you app or whatever it is. These are better but it still annoying to have to do extra crap.

    Also if they did do something like this, it should ask for the proof you arent a bot before you join the queue. You click "join" do the authentication, and then join. Getting kick out of a queue you were in for 30min because you messed up a stupid puzzle would be really really annoying.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games
    Pretty sure I saw stupid kids in WoW before I saw them on xbox live.

    The problem with WoW these days is people with your attitude making the game a less friendly place.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,194
    Another problem is. how to implement this into World of warcraft, it works well om sites but.. what about inside a game hm? thought of that? also little bit off-topic. Gimlix always rember Theramore with our hearts.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Another problem is. how to implement this into World of warcraft, it works well om sites but.. what about inside a game hm? thought of that? also little bit off-topic. Gimlix always rember Theramore with our hearts.
    well i dnt know what blizzards coding is like so i cant answer that, and im 29 years old to the other person and i have mental issues which is why i sound like a kid ok i wont tell u my problems cos its personal

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Csnyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sarasota
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games
    so by your own logic you are just a stupid kid using an xbox.....got it.

  11. #11
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Pretty sure I saw stupid kids in WoW before I saw them on xbox live.

    The problem with WoW these days is people with your attitude making the game a less friendly place.
    Couldn't agree more.

    OT:Have seen this Captcha thing mentioned before on these forums, and it doesn't seem to be a popular choice of fix. Not sure what the solution is though.

  12. #12
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,577
    Unlike farming bots which can make gold and shuttle it off for gold farming companies to sell and never require real human interaction, battleground bots basically assume a real person is playing the account because HP are useless if you don't plan to actually PvP on that character at some point. In all likelihood, all those pvp bots have actual people that are present and probably just tabbed out watching a movie or something. It's not going to be that hard for them to complete the puzzle, and then go back to being AFK.

    While I appreciate any ideas to limit botting, it seems an unfortunate truth to me that all something like this would accomplish is mildly annoying players (both botters and legitimate).
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Another problem is. how to implement this into World of warcraft, it works well om sites but.. what about inside a game hm? thought of that? also little bit off-topic. Gimlix always rember Theramore with our hearts.
    aren't they implementing a small browser client to run support html pages ?

  14. #14
    Warchief Zethras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Acherus is my home.
    Posts
    2,082
    BG bots got pretty shut down anyway, because blizzard disabled /follow in BGs, and most bots rely on it.

    Farm bots however, are harder to nail.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •