Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only times I had trouble with fps in D3 was when I set the sound channels to 128. Change it to 64 and try again.
    However that was a constant low fps, not just during battles, so it might not be the same problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It's a CPU limitation, not a GPU limitation. More than likely not going to improve your issue. However, I'm sure you're not dipping into 10 FPS on such occasions and that statement was somewhat exaggerated. If not, you have issues elsewhere outside of your GPU/CPU.

Further, your GPU will boost when it needs to. There's no reason to force it to those clocks all the time. If it isn't running at the boost clock, the card is simply not under enough load to justify it.
    I'm not exaggerating. This doesn't happen at a frequent rate, but at certain spots when there are ALOT of mobs and therefore spells effects on-screen, f.ex. in Act 3 at The Bridge of Korsikk.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Why do you have a 1.215V volt bios mod? That extra 40MHz on the core you're not going to notice anything from it. Some ppl were having stability issues with those modified bioses if I have to believe them.

Kepler cards benefit a lot more from vram overclocks than the gpu tbh..

If you dip down to 10 fps, then I'm just worried if your cpu overclock is stable..
    Because I enjoy maxing out my hardware, even if it's only a 13MHz bump. And it is 100% stable, I've had it on a 4 hour Heaven 4 loop and completed Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite with it. No driver crashes, no freezes, no nothing.

When the dips occur, my core clock and voltage are still at the same value, nothing abnormal.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll definitely try settings the sounds channels to 64 and see if that helps.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2013-04-29 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Initial fps drops have been a well known D3 issue that blizzard has officially and clearly acknowledged many times. Blizzard gave the issue it's own thread to stop the spam, and promised they are "working on a solution for next patch". The solution never came and people have just given up/come to terms with shit performance on good machines.
    Could you link me thread thread, I'm curious so see what they had to say.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My pc isn't that great yet I can run all setting maxed with no issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    My pc isn't that great yet I can run all setting maxed with no issue?
    Please don't be "that guy". Just because you have lower standards, doesn't mean the issues that are caused by the game's engine somehow don't appear on your PC.

Deleted
    It's well known issue, simply wait for their patch, I'm sure they are already aware of this, compatibility problems have happened quite a few times with other games, including WoW. Yet they were operative enough to patch up and resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by fixmix View Post
    It's well known issue, simply wait for their patch, I'm sure they are already aware of this, compatibility problems have happened quite a few times with other games, including WoW. Yet they were operative enough to patch up and resolve it.
    Almost ONE FULL YEAR of people bringing up and Blizzard responding with "we'll fix it in the next patch" and it's not fixed...yea don't expect anything any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixmix View Post
    This has been an issue since day1, and it would require a total engine overhaul to fix. For a game that is marginally popular, i wouldn't hold my hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Initial fps drops have been a well known D3 issue that blizzard has officially and clearly acknowledged many times. Blizzard gave the issue it's own thread to stop the spam, and promised they are "working on a solution for next patch". The solution never came and people have just given up/come to terms with shit performance on good machines.
    This happens because of how Diablo 3's file structure is set up. This issue only really happens on harddrives. The game loads information in realtime from MPQ files so with harddrives you get spikes when moving because the drive can't load information fast enough.

Sooo a fix isn't coming unless they change the entire way the game gets information.

I never noticed any performance issues in D3. I can't even think off I've ever dipped below 60 fps..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I never noticed any performance issues in D3. I can't even think off I've ever dipped below 60 fps..
    That's very usefull information. Thanks for your contribution. Sigh..

The dips I was referring to in my original post have been solved by changing the sound channels from 128 to 64. Apparently this has been an issue since launch and has never been adressed.

At the same spots, the dips are now 15 frames at the most, before with the sound channels set to 128, the dips were 40 to even 50 frames.

Deleted
    First link Google search "D3 fps drop fix", try some of the other suggested fixes if this one doesn't work for you.