Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    There's no need to be angry. Contrary to popular belief it is not at all needed to rage in a raid to make stuff happen.
    I'de just like to make sure this is clear. Rage and/or a bad attitude are not needed in order to progress through any raid. I have learned this from a long time of raid leading and making this mistake. Explaining why people are failing, and helping them better understand why they are failing or exactly what they are failing to, without being a dick about it, is a MUST in any sort of raid leadership position. If you can't do that, do not put yourself in a leadership role. You will cause problems, and there will be blood!

On the first door, kill stonegazers (the gators) then wastewalkers, then anything else. Its also a good idea to use single target disarms here. 2nd door kill the venom priests. When I do this fight as an arms war I PERSONALLY take care of every venombolt interrupt. Have your fury war spec into disrupting shout. Pummel the first mob, and try to catch the other 2 venombolts with disrupting shout. On the 3rd door, have your warrior disarm the first big mob that spawns, then have your monk cast ring of peace on the offtank when you feel close to being overwhelmed. On the last door, kill bears, shaman, then anything else. Of course, on any door, when the dinomancer comes out NUKE him to 50%. It seems to me the faster you pick up the orb, (i usually pick them all up, as im melee) the sooner your maintank is safe, and the healers can fully concentrate on healing offtank/raid. Also when the mini boss guy humanoid spawns in the last phase, DISARM HIM LIKE CRAZY. KILL HIM. THEN KILL HORRIDON! Hmm, and dispell poison/disease on 2nd/3rd door. OH, and door 3 frost orbs HURT!

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm not familiar with this strategy and while we're on the big bird I'd like to know about it for the other raid in our guild. Do you actually--literally--go across the room with a healer? And this doesn't screw up doors?
    Yep. Charge has a 100 yard range, so if you're at the door that's diagonal to the active door, only the H tank and her pocket healer will be affected by it. I'm a paladin so I stay on H the whole time. I take a priest for doors 1, 2, and 4, and our shaman for door 3.

The pros of this strategy are that this reduces the complexity for everyone involved, and with less extraneous things to think about people can do their jobs much better. We also don't have problems with me pulling threat away from the add tank, and I don't get poisoned/diseased at the same time as I'm getting triple-punctured.

The cons are that this takes your H tank's cleave dps away, it takes one full healer away, and it means you get through door #4 with Horridon at a much higher hit point level than the normal strategy. And, frankly, it's incredibly boring to be the away team. It's almost a practice dummy for tanking.

Weighing the pros and cons it made much more sense for our raid group to follow this strategy. Your mileage may vary.

The tank's DPS during that phase is really important. They need to die ASAP and no one is doing as much as they are.

My guild's having the same problem. Our tanks and healers are fine but the dps just can't seem to get on the same page. They don't stand in shit but they're running all over the place attacking different shit. We make it to the last door but there's usually so many damn adds up at that point that it's impossible to stay alive.

Deleted
    For Ifeanychukwu

What i did with my dps is assign them specific spawns. And you basicly progress from spawn to spawn. Example:
    First door my ret pally was charged with stopping the stonegazer stun and killing it. The rest had wastewalker. First debuff cast. pally + priest dispell 1 each and pally does the third. Then the first wastewalker dead another stonegazer(ret pally) and 2 more wastewalkers spawn. When both the wastewalkers cast the debuff a mass dispell is called. Add tank + dps/healers are on the right side of the door slowly kiting away from sandtraps.

So door2.. stun the bloodlord? to stop the charge debuff. First venompriest nuke and any melee can interrupt it. When the next 2 spawn the tank is on the right side of the door(looking at it) He gets aggro on it and any other adds and switches to it. He only taunts the one that spawns on the left. The ret pally tends to get that one assigned he just doesn't dps till the priest is in range and aggro is done. Hand of salv is usefull for that. I'm a paladin healer so i'm just going to melee that left side priest and make sure that interrupt happens. Hell half the time i end up taunting it over so it's on top of the tank. All dps except interrupters focus the Effusions no matter what other add might be up. Again you kite it because of the poison cloud stuff.

The other 2 doors are similar. Keep announcing stuff that needs to happen. Door open! switch targets! interrupts ready! Move from totem/orb. Don't stand in front of the bears! etc etc etc. Find out little mistakes and try to correct them every time.

And the dinomancer gets stopped by a boomkin(or hunter or mage depends on what classes you have)

Ps. sorry it's late :P so it might be a bit confusing.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2013-05-01 at 01:54 AM.

HI,

PERSONALLY i think the lock should go aff or destro. demo locks imo don't cut it. I'm sure others have mentioned it but 2 heal the fight with the priest going discipline and smiting horridon.

anyway, the first venom priest to come down has to be focused and blown up or near dead by the time the next wave of venom priests comes down. If you find that's not happening and he's still 40% or more of hp then you have a dps issue. With the first venom priest you only need one interupt and he should be dead shortly after. If he's still up then you have a mass of confusion with people all retargetting to try and interupt other priests. Burn them down one at a time, don't stand in poison and kill effigies fast. Make sure to constantly be moving until the dino orb is down. Once that's down blow up adds and try to dps horridon a little while moving to next door.

People are going to say it's not a dps fight but i find the more dps you put on the elite adds with appropriate interupts the easier and faster the fight goes.

It's basically imo a dps race until the first add is down. then basic raiding of interupting, dispelling and not taking damage from avoidables rules. Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Caliph; 2013-05-02 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    HI,

PERSONALLY i think the lock should go aff or destro. demo locks imo don't cut it. I'm sure others have mentioned it but 2 heal the fight with the priest going discipline and smiting horridon.

anyway, the first venom priest to come down has to be focused and blown up or near dead by the time the next wave of venom priests comes down. If you find that's not happening and he's still 40% or more of hp then you have a dps issue. With the first venom priest you only need one interupt and he should be dead shortly after. If he's still up then you have a mass of confusion with people all retargetting to try and interupt other priests. Burn them down one at a time, don't stand in poison and kill effigies fast. Make sure to constantly be moving until the dino orb is down. Once that's down blow up adds and try to dps horridon a little while moving to next door.

People are going to say it's not a dps fight but i find the more dps you put on the elite adds with appropriate interupts the easier and faster the fight goes.

It's basically imo a dps race until the first add is down. then basic raiding of interupting, dispelling and not taking damage from avoidables rules. Rinse and repeat.
    The priest healer has always been holy what would be the best way to convince him to switch besides its the better class, and should he stay disc too? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thewgcs View Post
    The priest healer has always been holy what would be the best way to convince him to switch besides its the better class, and should he stay disc too? Thanks.
    Well, honestly, if he doesn't want to then that's it. It's a great disc fight, and I mean the vast majority of fights are great disc fights, but that doesn't mean holy won't perform. I don't think the kill on that fight is going to depend on him going disc or staying holy. The power of disc in this fight is atonement healing on horridon, as people already have mentioned, so he would basically be doing a 3 button rotation on the boss, something pretty much anyone can do even without experience in the class I suppose. Just bring it up to him and see how he feels, he may be up for trying.

As for the warlock, again, specs won't make or break your kill here. In fact, specs won't make or break your kill on anything except the harder heroic modes (which usually mean undergeared heroic progressing). The overwhelming majority of wipes don't happen because the warlock is demo, or the priest holy. Most wipes won't even happen because dps is too low, on normal at least. I mean, bring up possible spec improvements to those involved but don't panic when they don't want to cooperate - focus on mechanics and the boss will keel over, as will practically all bosses for you.

The time of top specs needed or specific specs needed for specific fights is simply over, and this is to the great benefit of more casual guilds and players who really don't feel comfortable playing 3 specs at once. Of course, having super-performing players in their best specs will make stuff easier. But that's a luxury most guilds don't have: having an underperforming demo lock (random example) go to completely inexperienced destro is just going to create problems instead of fixing them.