10+ Year Old Account

Back to healing!

So recently I tried the tanking route for the first time ever. I was spectacularly bad at it. I healed in Wrath and Cata so I figured I'd go back to doing that because I actually enjoyed it, problem is that my resto set is pretty damn bad. Limiting myself strictly to reg/heroic dungeons until I can accumulate better gear... how bad is it to use pvp gear to augment my set in the meantime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopajoo View Post
    So recently I tried the tanking route for the first time ever. I was spectacularly bad at it. I healed in Wrath and Cata so I figured I'd go back to doing that because I actually enjoyed it, problem is that my resto set is pretty damn bad. Limiting myself strictly to reg/heroic dungeons until I can accumulate better gear... how bad is it to use pvp gear to augment my set in the meantime?
    Just a suggestion. Try running Scenarios. The loot boxes at the end have a pretty decent chance of giving you gear. Although some times it gives you useless junk >.>

If you have a tank set (agi gear), try running the scenarios in cat form. I don't think the other 2 would mind.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using PVP gear for PVE is perfectly valid now, except for Socket and Set bonuses.

PVP gear and PVE gear have the exact same stat budgets now (resil and pvp power are 'free' stats). A 476 PVP piece and a 476 PVE piece have the same total stats.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

476 pvp gear is very much superior to shitty 463 dungeon blues in pve. If your Ilvl is below 475 then yes PvP gear will actually be better than whatever it is you have. I would start by getting 2 decent (483+) healing trinkets using coins from thunder isle stuff, that should help a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Using PVP gear for PVE is perfectly valid now, except for Socket and Set bonuses.

PVP gear and PVE gear have the exact same stat budgets now (resil and pvp power are 'free' stats). A 476 PVP piece and a 476 PVE piece have the same total stats.
    Thanks for the heads up, at this point I dont even have the gear lvl to worry about sockets lol My gear is like the uglier sibling that's just thankful to get a date. Luckily I can craft most of what I'll need and then just replace it as I go until it's all gone. By then I should have amassed enough valor/justice points to grab better gear to raid in. The scenarios that Auxis mentioned would be good to, and a break in the farming routine honesty.