Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That's because people build him wrong, going for really quick AP when you don't have to.

The base damage on Teemo's E is high enough to deal good dmg without having to stack ap, and the Shrooms deal some good damage too (but at lvl 6 you should use them defensively first, offensively later).

Just rush Runaan's Hurricane, since the atack speed works great with the base damage on E and the range of the 2 extra shots is slightly larger than the initial shot (if you play this well, you can poke the enemy champ WHILE farming without having to come close).
    After that go for Malady. This further improves your atack speed but also gives the extra magical damage and shred on the MR.
    After that go straight up Rabadons (by this time your mushrooms will start to matter more, since you should now be in teamfight phase).

Always go magic pen boots.

Reason why Liandry's is a bad item on teemo:
    It only works with his Q and R. Now hear me out on this.
    Would you put more points in a real damage item (Nashor's Tooth/Void staff/Zhonya's) or go for the extra 2% health burn on your Q/R (on the chance that someone acually walks into your mushrooms).
    The Liandry passive is bad for teemo because he already deals damage over time, there's literally no need to build it.

Teemo is probably one of my favourite champions simply because of the great tactical advantage it gives your team (great split pushing, great defensive positioning).

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Teemo is the Dota equivalent of Techies, just less suicidal and more annoying, but overall fun. He has his share of counters like every other champ in the game, so he can't win every time.

If it makes you feel any better there's been rumors going around of Roit considering taking Teemo out the game.
    They won't since people have invested into teemo skins and he's like the LoL mascot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    What else would we use for our units of measure?

Deleted
    Have you ever head-on fought a Teemo? Holy shit that thing can burst. If you, as an 6/6 item AD carry walk past him in stealth he WILL kill you before you will kill him - basically in a blind.

AP Teemo does a crapton of burst damage, but very mediocre after that/in teamfights, plus he will be so squishy he falls over once you breathe in his general direction. You need a smart team for this. For example:
    your mid turret is pushed, you know they will go for this, make a line of shrooms to your turret (spread out) and let them pop a few, if possible also get a few of the escape routes, then engage once a high priority target is about to hit one. GG EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Liandry passive is bad for teemo because he already deals damage over time, there's literally no need to build it.

This is blatantly false. His dot is the exact reason Liandry's is good on him, same as on Brand. Every tick of the dot will reactivate Torment.

Teemo can downright destroy a lot of top laners, that alone makes him very worthwile.

A lot of bruisers top don't stand any chance at all against him, and as soon as the teamfight-phase starts, the enemy top laner is even less usefull than Teemo.

You obviously need to understand a few things:

LoL, as any game, is design to be played. The designers do not create games for the 0.1% of the population that plays their game. Champion concepts and playstyles are created at the insipiration of the designer and by that only (although LoL seems to kind of have ditched this lately at some deegree).

Players that compete in tournament levels for money, are not playing: they are competing. To do this, they need to find certain combos if you like the expression that will earn them certain amounts of X variable which will give them higher chances to win in the game, and be winners, to get money.

The other 99.5% of the playerbase has access to these tournaments and their content, and thus the metagame is born, where certain roles and tactics are established which will almost always ensure victory to the team using them. Because almost everyone wants to just win nowadays, and not play, almost everyone uses these tactics and anyone who does not is considered a noob, a term very badly used. Teemo may not fulfill the current metagame in its maximum, but there's absolutely no reason for him to be scrapped. He is a designed champion, who uses other methods, and the player playing him enjoys that.

Teemo's damage isn't that bad, his shrooms provide a ton of vision for your team, and he has a great laning phase and is incredibly difficult to kill if they know how to play.

Honestly, the way you describe him would be like me saying vayne is the worst carry because it takes 3 hits for her bolts to only do 8% damage, her ult invis time is super short and her stun is conditional. It's just putting things in a bad light

What's life without Teemo? . . . Nuthin._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Hello guys!
    He probably has the lowest damage output (outside of supports) in the game, his shrooms piss people off to such an extent they buy early oracles, messing up your teams wards in the process and he's a hit and run kind of champion, he attacks you, you smack him, he runs. in 99/100 cases the trades are never worth it due to his low damage, and the only time he wins in such a situation is if he makes the opponent angry enough to chase him through 3 turrets and 15 shrooms.
    /endrant
    This amuses me more than it should. How can you be so wrong. Teemo is one of the best if not THE best damage dealers lategame. Beside that he is incredibly strong early game due to his range/mobility/poke and mid game due to his additional map control due to the shrooms. Teemo can literally blow up anyone who happens to step unto a shroom.

Together with Nashor's Tooth, Lich Bane and Liandry's he will melt their hp bars down. His Q and Lich Bane provide insane burst with long range and a low cooldown. His E together with his attack speed and Liandry's provide insane sustained dps.

Then there is the fact that he never has to commit to do all of this, he can simply do it from range and back off as he likes. Following a Teemo with a clue is a death sentence, before you know it you'll be kited or walk through some shrooms.

AP is kind of a gimmick that is great if you start getting really ahead (snag some early kills) but if you get behind, you have nothing. Your shrooms won't be that scary, you have no team fight presence by default, etc. Too much of a gamble.

I usually play bruiser Teemo for that reason. Annoying tanky little bastard who still has his shrooms to use for vision and slowing, has more team fight presence through increased durability, can survive ganks easier, and is a split pushing nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    That's because people build him wrong, going for really quick AP when you don't have to.

The base damage on Teemo's E is high enough to deal good dmg without having to stack ap, and the Shrooms deal some good damage too (but at lvl 6 you should use them defensively first, offensively later).

Just rush Runaan's Hurricane, since the atack speed works great with the base damage on E and the range of the 2 extra shots is slightly larger than the initial shot (if you play this well, you can poke the enemy champ WHILE farming without having to come close).
    After that go for Malady. This further improves your atack speed but also gives the extra magical damage and shred on the MR.
    After that go straight up Rabadons (by this time your mushrooms will start to matter more, since you should now be in teamfight phase).

Always go magic pen boots.

Reason why Liandry's is a bad item on teemo:
    It only works with his Q and R. Now hear me out on this.
    Would you put more points in a real damage item (Nashor's Tooth/Void staff/Zhonya's) or go for the extra 2% health burn on your Q/R (on the chance that someone acually walks into your mushrooms).

Teemo is probably one of my favourite champions simply because of the great tactical advantage it gives your team (great split pushing, great defensive positioning).

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:13 AM ----------

They won't since people have invested into teemo skins and he's like the LoL mascot.
    I have to hugely disagree on this, the reason why Teemo is much more annoying than he used to be is simply because of liandries. Liandries is a counter to league of warmogs/hp, and teemo already drops off late game - why make him drop off even more? Ruanns is a very very poor choice on him until you desperately need it for team fights, as well. Malady is also a poor choice, as it has to be sold off because it's worthless mid game and the downfall of many teemos. Berserkers greaves is a better alternative to malady providing enough attack speed to be quite annoying when you have your hat/liandries
    Last edited by Acry; 2013-05-12 at 07:41 AM.

Ap teemo is very strong, it's the hybrid builders that get people pissed of. I always thought of teemo as a assistant assassin. Because when I play I sometimes manage to get people to engage enemies then either push them in my minefield where I'm standing invisible or retreat into a similar trap.
    My favorite move is to use my speed increase and place traps between outer and inner turrets of the enemy and try and get out before I die. You guys know those goddamned people who slip away with 1 bar of hp all the time? well I got like 5-6 kills in 1 game doing this and it felt great