Mage converted MW - Some question

I've been reading everything I can about mistweaving and I'm still reading more about it but I thought I'd ask the awesome mmo-champ community to give me some help. I was a 515 frost/fire mage until last week and now our guild needs a healer so I wanted to step up and take the role.

Here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jmako/advanced

My priority has usually been RM on CD, Chi Wave on CD, spam Soothing Mists when there's low damage, EvM on target when it's medium damage (not breaking the SM cast), and then spam Surging Mist when the target is taking a lot of damage. Uplift when the raid as a whole is taking a lot of damage, combined with Thunder Tea.

I know my gear isn't the greatest right now (I literally just started working on this toon again 2-3 weeks ago). A few unenchanted things/belt buckle and an awful blue shoulder that I've been trying to get rid of.

My questions are, how much spirit is good enough? I've read a lot of different things about stat priority, what's the best way to go? I also have my 2pc T14 and T15 set, that changes the haste stat weight right?

Also, I have a lot of trinkets I don't know which to go for, read a lot about them and just became more confused on what to use.

I have Soothing Talisman (522), Stolen Relic (522), Horridon's Last Gasp (502), and Spirits of the Sun (483). I don't always follow AMR, but it told me Soothing and Horridon's would be best. Why not Soothing and Stolen?

Last thing, what's the best for a MW, single hand staff or dual hand? I have a 502 staff, as well as a 502 MH with no OH yet. Just want to see what I should work towards.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm trying to get up to speed quickly for my guild.

Deleted
    Don't touch surging mist unless you're certain it will save a life, if you're aware of the player's position you can use a healing sphere which will heal for about the same for 20k less mana. If you change your stolen relic to the HLG, you should be able to drop to 8-9k spirit without much of a problem if you're playing properly. MH+OH w/ same item level will give a little more stats, but a staff of equal item level will be better damage while fistweaving.

Also you should reforge to at least 3145 haste in your current gear to get the extra hot tick. Make sure when you reforge however you are in tiger stance not serpent stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Don't touch surging mist unless you're certain it will save a life, if you're aware of the player's position you can use a healing sphere which will heal for about the same for 20k less mana. If you change your stolen relic to the HLG, you should be able to drop to 8-9k spirit without much of a problem if you're playing properly. MH+OH w/ same item level will give a little more stats, but a staff of equal item level will be better damage while fistweaving.
    I rarely use the healing spheres, I didn't realize they heal that much. I assume don't use surging mist just because it costs a lot?

So if I go with Soothing and HLG trinkets, it's better than the Soothing+Stolen Relic? And could you explain what you meant by I should be able to drop 8-9k spirit without much of a problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpirog View Post
    I rarely use the healing spheres, I didn't realize they heal that much. I assume don't use surging mist just because it costs a lot?

So if I go with Soothing and HLG trinkets, it's better than the Soothing+Stolen Relic? And could you explain what you meant by I should be able to drop 8-9k spirit without much of a problem?
    SM is very expensive and does very little healing to make up for it. Stolen relic is garbage, even on heroic, by garbage I mean it's nearly useless. HLG gives a large amount of int and MP5, it's far better even at LFR levels.

Awesome, thanks. I'll have to give that a go and see how it all works out with using the spheres. I'll also go ahead and replace that trinket with the other. Appreciate that advice.

As for the haste reforging, with my gear I should get at least 3145 haste for sure?

Also, last thing, whenever the raid is taking small amounts of consistent damage, do you continue to soothing mist and then renewing mists and uplift when needed? Or just single target soothing mist + renewing mists on cd?

And is it ever really necessary during these 10man ToT raids to do any fistweaving or is it just not worth it since there's usually a decent amount of damage going out?

Deleted
    3145 haste is easy to reach so you should definitely try it at the least. You should always be generating and spending chi, if you reach 4 chi and you've still got a while to go during a low damage phase spend it on an uplift and move on.

Fistweaving is useful on a few fights, ji-kun immediately comes to mind.

That's one thing I forgot to ask, if I was at max chi, what do I do with it if there's not much damage going on. I would usually just spend it on an uplift and move on like you said. But there were a few times I would just let it sit and wait until there was more damage just in case.

Deleted
    If you're mana starved sit on it and do nothing, otherwise I'd just spend it and move on.

You won't need to worry about the next haste cap until you're over 510 iLvl, so yes 3145 for now. Another thing to try to keep on cooldown, during encounters where being mobile is safe, is Chi Torpedo. A mana'less, chi'less heal that hits for 30k per target adds up quick when you can use it 3x/45seconds.

If you have the spirit for it (which in your current gearing you do), switching over to fistweaving when raid damage is low enough can be a good way to get back some mana while still maintaining some healing output.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomlety View Post
    You won't need to worry about the next haste cap until you're over 510 iLvl, so yes 3145 for now. Another thing to try to keep on cooldown, during encounters where being mobile is safe, is Chi Torpedo. A mana'less, chi'less heal that hits for 30k per target adds up quick when you can use it 3x/45seconds.
    I'm checking out my armory and it shows me at 6.4% haste (2722) but my in game stat is 9.61% (4083), with no other buffs. So i'm good with my haste now right?

And to reglitch, thank you so much for the healing sphere's tip. I was just practicing a bit in lfr, albeit a bit weird.. but once I get used to it those orbs are killer. You're right about those for sure.

@Anomlety - I actually and pretty good at chi torpedo for the most part, but I just need to work on keeping it on CD or close to. Definitely an awesome AOE heal.

Deleted
    You need to have 3145 haste in the fierce tiger stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    You need to have 3145 haste in the fierce tiger stance.
    Ah.. I was wondering about that, I had read that somewhere but I didn't know why. Again, thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:13 AM ----------

Any advice on EvM? I know you need to keep it pretty much on CD all the time, do you usually target a new player that doesn't have it yet or someone who has lower health but possibly has it already but it'll run out soon.

How many targets do you usually have it on when you decide to uplift? I know it's supposed to be a smart heal but sometimes I don't see it going where I want to. This is just LFR though, 10 man might be a little better to control where it goes.
    Last edited by jpirog; 2013-04-30 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post
    If you have the spirit for it (which in your current gearing you do), switching over to fistweaving when raid damage is low enough can be a good way to get back some mana while still maintaining some healing output.

What the fuck?
    IM SUPPOSED TO RECOVER MANA WHILE FISTWEAVE?
    Sorry for caps, I'm out of date.
    Please explain errything u can.
    I can't recover mana while fistweaving, to be honest, my mana is drained even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    What the fuck?
    I can't recover mana while fistweaving, to be honest, my mana is drained even more.
    Meta. The legendary. The legendary gem. The legendary meta gem. The gem legendary. Gem the legendary. Legendary the gem. Legendary gem the.

.megatemyradnegelehT

Deleted
    ¿ʎɹɐpuǝƃǝl ǝɥʇ ɯǝƃ plnoɥs ǝɥ ʞuıɥʇ noʎ op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    Meta. The legendary. The legendary gem. The legendary meta gem. The gem legendary. Gem the legendary. Legendary the gem. Legendary gem the.

.megatemyradnegelehT
    What is this sorcery?

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    What the fuck?
    I just do the normal proper fistweaving rotation with the usual mistweaver glyphs, and I don't have the legendary meta gem either. Only using bok when power strikes comes off CD certainly helps. There's no secret trick to it or anything, and I always end up with more mana than I started with. You do need a fair amount of spirit.

It's not going to be the dramatic mana regen that you get from the legendary meta gem, but with practice and proper execution you'll end up with more than you started with over a given period of time.
    Last edited by Daninkai; 2013-05-09 at 02:25 PM.

Update:

I'd like to get some more critiques on my healing. I think I'm getting a hang of it a lot more, still a few little mess ups but I'm still getting used to a few things.

Here are the logs from yesterday night:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bbg017vumu1bce5r/

Armory as well:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jmako/advanced

I got a new cloak last night and I was able to reforge so I could get up to the 2nd haste point (6145). So I haven't gotten to make use of it yet, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, I'd like to get your guys' opinion on if I should stay above that haste cap and give up the amount of crit I did. I'm still not sure what is going to benefit me more.