3rd neutral faction

I know that alot of people that are either with or againest the idea of a thrid faction being added in WoW But I like the idea of it being added. For one I think that it would be cool to have a neutral faction for players who don't want to be part of the horde or the alliance cause of all the crap between them.

I know that having a new faction being impllimented could cause alot of problems, so as a way of trying to add it without too many problems some solutions that i think would lessen the negative impact of a third faction:

• when the player of the horde or alliance reach Lv 10 You have a chose to stay with your native faction or you can become neutral when you become neutral you can enter your neutrals factions capital through a portal that's located near the capitals of both factions but your rep with them is capped to honored. however you now gain more rep form neutral sub-factions like the ebon blade and the shado-pan.

• For PvP their will be two systems: one where two factions fight one another as usual and a free-for-all type of play where all three factions fight each other.

• If this new faction was added the game then all players have the choise to chose to join it instead of having to create a new toon to join it.

Storywise the new faction could be created by one like Wrathion or the like who has decided that there is no hope for the horde and the alliance and has created this pseudo-faction made up of all playable races to defend azaroth and destroy the two orginal factions's
    Last edited by Goradan; 2013-04-29 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have opened thread about that bebore but I got quite good arguments which made me change my mind.

First of all the problem will be Battlegrounds. Making new battlegrounds which will include all three factions will be Chaos and hard to make. Changing older Battlegrounds by adding 3rd faction will longer the queue.

If you Participate in Battlegrounds with Horde and Alliance you cant possible be neutral ! Horde and Alliance have war between each other for Azeroth do you think it is possible to establish 3rd factions cities and not being attacked by Horde or Alliance ?

Another issue will be Reputation gain. We know that in TBC and WoLTK and even in MoP we have some reputation factions that is only for Horde/Alliance that award some cool stuff (mounts, achievements etc.) How can Neutral Faction do this reputations if they do not side with either Factions? Blizzard should add new, 3rd faction, reputation Clans where Neutral Faction will be able to farm rep. That will take lot of unnecessary time and money.

And if we make all these changes why not make totally new faction from new races and new Cities which would be located on another side of Azeroth?

Or just to shorten Alliance and Horde faction, pick some of the races from each one and make new Faction unit them in one Banner that will fight for Balance in the world and oppose both factions if they harm world (lets make them "neutral"). They would be non aggressive Faction but powerful and fearsome. Lets ruffly call them 'ancients' and unite Night elves, Trolls, Tauren, Draenei. These 4 races are near to Nature and have some strong Religion Beliefs which units them. Thy all care for Azeroth and try to "nourish" it.

But it will not happen
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-29 at 01:52 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    The third playable faction should be the Defias Brotherhood. All races except Pandaren can join and they have a new race: Dark Iron Dwarf. Do it.

Personally I do like the idea of the third faction. In keeping with the objection of neutrals not belonging in pvp, perhaps they should be a pve only faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaxe View Post
    Personally I do like the idea of the third faction. In keeping with the objection of neutrals not belonging in pvp, perhaps they should be a pve only faction?
    No, they should just keep bg's the same. For instance, you queue for Warsong Gulch as Alliance. Maybe your opponent will be the Horde, maybe it will be the 3rd Faction. You queue for something else as 3rd Faction. Maybe you get Alliance as your enemy, maybe Horde.

As for stuff like Wintergrasp and TB, they can just design a new 3-way bg for the expansion where the 3rd faction is introduced. It's not like people play Wintergrasp or TB while levelling anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I have opened thread about that bebore but I got quite good arguments which made me change my mind.

First of all the problem will be Battlegrounds. Making new battlegrounds which will include all three factions will be Chaos and hard to make. Changing older Battlegrounds by adding 3rd faction will longer the queue.

If you Participate in Battlegrounds with Horde and Alliance you cant possible be neutral ! Horde and Alliance have war between each other for Azeroth do you think it is possible to establish 3rd factions cities and not being attacked by Horde or Alliance ?

Another issue will be Reputation gain. We know that in TBC and WoLTK and even in MoP we have some reputation factions that is only for Horde/Alliance that award some cool stuff (mounts, achievements etc.) How can Neutral Faction do this reputations if they do not side with either Factions? Blizzard should add new, 3rd faction, reputation Clans where Neutral Faction will be able to farm rep. That will take lot of unnecessary time and money.

And if we make all these changes why not make totally new faction from new races and new Cities which would be located on another side of Azeroth?

Or just to shorten Alliance and Horde faction, pick some of the races from each one and make new Faction unit them in one Banner that will fight for Balance in the world and oppose both factions if they harm world (lets make them "neutral"). They would be non aggressive Faction but powerful and fearsome. Lets ruffly call them 'ancients' and unite Night elves, Trolls, Tauren, Draenei. These 4 races are near to Nature and have some strong Religion Beliefs which units them. Thy all care for Azeroth and try to "nourish" it.

But it will not happen
    The territorial problem isn't a problem, IF.......
    If the third faction spawns out of existing races that leave their current faction.
    There would be a chance now at this point of the game for the Nelfs and the Belfs to reunite. The core reason for the split is eliminated basically. Night Elfs no longer banish the use of arcane magic, and use it again. There are 12 races with a 13th crossover race.
    Split the 12 races into 3 segments of 4 each faction, and the 13th can crossover into all 3.

Nelfs, Belfs, Tauren and Draenei would be one possibility.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    No, they should just keep bg's the same. For instance, you queue for Warsong Gulch as Alliance. Maybe your opponent will be the Horde, maybe it will be the 3rd Faction. You queue for something else as 3rd Faction. Maybe you get Alliance as your enemy, maybe Horde.

As for stuff like Wintergrasp and TB, they can just design a new 3-way bg for the expansion where the 3rd faction is introduced. It's not like people play Wintergrasp or TB while levelling anyway.
    Exactly ! But this will Longer queues for bgs But 3 faction BG-s will be EPIC.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The territorial problem isn't a problem, IF.......
    If the third faction spawns out of existing races that leave their current faction.
    There would be a chance now at this point of the game for the Nelfs and the Belfs to reunite. The core reason for the split is eliminated basically. Night Elfs no longer banish the use of arcane magic, and use it again. There are 12 races with a 13th crossover race.
    Split the 12 races into 3 segments of 4 each faction, and the 13th can crossover into all 3.

Nelfs, Belfs, Tauren and Draenei would be one possibility.
    Yes As I have said in my Comment. We pick 2 races from each Faction and unite them. But Night elves and Blood elves might not unite they still have each other its not like they dont forbid Arcane magic , Tim have separated them for long times both of them have different values in life - Night elves value nature and still dont like magic users , Blood elves Value power and Magic and dont care about Nature. And they just dont like each other it was said in Wolfheart novel when Lot of Night elven society didnt get along with Highbornes. To say honestly it was Malfurions and Tyrandes decision.

But Trolls Night elves Tauren and Draenei hae something in common. These 4 are peacful race.

Alright so I've thought about it and went back to the basics. I've split them into 3 factions that make sense the way things are in game right now. Alliance, Horde, and Cenarion as a third faction! Each faction gets a new race added to them.

Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei and High Elves as the new race.

Horde: Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Blood Elves and Ogres as the new race.

Cenarion: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, Trolls (all the druid races, all curent member of Cenarion Circle) and Dryad (females) / Keeper of the Groves (males) (original children of Cenarius)

What do u guys think?
    Last edited by Shefu; 2013-04-29 at 07:38 PM. Reason: New Ideas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Alright so I've thought about it and went back to the basics. I've split them into 3 factions that make sense the way things are in game right now. Alliance, Horde, and Cenarion as a third faction! Each faction gets a new race added to them.

Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei and High Elves as the new race.

Horde: Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Blood Elves and Ogres as the new race.

Cenarion: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, Trolls (all the druid races, all curent member of Cenarion Circle) and Dryad (females) / Keeper of the Groves (males) (original children of Cenarius)

What do u guys think?
    we will leave Alliance and Horde Factions without Druids thats not fair. We had simillar problem in Vanilla when Ally had Paladin and Horde Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    we will leave Alliance and Horde Factions without Druids thats not fair. We had simillar problem in Vanilla when Ally had Paladin and Horde Shaman.
    Not exactly, this would be a good opportunity for Blizzard to be cool for once and give Druids to Blood Elves and High Elves. Problem solved. They both used nature magic for their spells as rangers, it's all over the Lore.

Deleted
    I always wanted to play a Mercenary that could do certain things for either faction, like the ones that could be hired in certain outposts in warcraft 3.

Deleted
    Personally I really like the idea of a 3rd faction. It would be even better if they added some new races to this faction which would be mind blowing, literally!

It's time for a major introduction of something new to WoW, a 3rd faction would be...wow.

The rigid two faction system is responsible for a lot of the ills of the game at the moment. A lot of servers are very sick because of it. Adding more is not the solution.

You can't even argue 'BUT LORE!' because the factions and languages thing doesn't even exist to a majority of the NPC factions in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

If blizzard actually used phasing to its full potential, you could do as the op said, choose your race and starting faction, but then once you get to lv10, you can either carry on with your faction, or complete a quest to become one with a neutral faction.

A how new set of quests would then be avalible to you. obviously neutral quests will still be there as always, but in place of faction based quests the ones aimed at such will be replaced with other quests stirring away from fighting on both sides.

Upon doing so, all quests for the faction you began with disappears, you become 'neutral' to both faction cities, though you can still walk into these places, and if you choose, put the faction cities on 'at war' to attack the guards.

Pvp would still apply, but it would apply to both, and you could understand both factions without the cross dialog issue.

This way, factions are still in the game, but we have more choice into what we do. We could carry on with our war if we want, but we could also becomes allies with factions across the board.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Terrible idea.

- Some gear/mounts are horde/alliance only, exaple: no gear for neutrals in trail of the crushader?
    - What AH will they use, give them both sides will screw the economy or do you really want them to have a seperate AH?
    - What quests will they do while lvling, take the barrens as example - will they aid the alliance or horde in this zone or you want them to help both?? doesn't make any sense at all.
    - Pvp in general, neutrals can gank both sides in worldpvp? 3 way BG's? wintergrasp/baradin hold as neutral faction?
    - Worldbosses are alliance/horde tagged, what happens when a neutral tags it - you really want to have 3 factions that can tag it?

And there's so much more bad things you guys didn't even think of, it's impossible to add a 3th playable faction

I always envisioned the 3rd faction to be something akin to mercenary's based out of Booty Bay (that kind of place)

BG issue is easily solvable.

Allow us to choose our opponents - if you're third party, you can choose to fight the Alliance, and you'll spawn on the Horde side. If you choose to fight the Horde, you'll spawn in the Alliance side.

In order to not mess with the queue length, you could embrace the concept of a mercenary and divide the teams into thirds with 2/3 being the original faction and 1/3 being the neutral faction.

- This also settles the faction issue since you'd be able to pick a side per faction to hired as.

For example, when you first enter the Twilight Highlands, you have the option of choosing Dragonmaw or Wild Hammer, regardless of previous choices. It would work similar to the Sholazar Basin factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea.

- Some gear/mounts are horde/alliance only, exaple: no gear for neutrals in trail of the crushader?
    introduce a quest in toc for whos side you want to play on, and gear drops from that.

- What AH will they use, give them both sides will screw the economy or do you really want them to have a seperate AH?
    They can use both, but with restrictions for buying and selling to other players across the factions. You can only use horde ah in horde city, and alliance ah in alliance city.

- What quests will they do while lvling, take the barrens as example - will they aid the alliance or horde in this zone or you want them to help both?? doesn't make any sense at all.
    Already said. use phasing to introduce new quests that replace the faction specific quests, and keep the neutral quests around.

- Pvp in general, neutrals can gank both sides in worldpvp? 3 way BG's? wintergrasp/baradin hold as neutral faction?
    They would have to choose a side before entering the BG, as for world pvp, it can work both sides.

- Worldbosses are alliance/horde tagged, what happens when a neutral tags it - you really want to have 3 factions that can tag it?
    neutral faction tagging. boom, sorted, and if there neutral they would be in a group anyway.

And there's so much more bad things you guys didn't even think of, it's impossible to add a 3th playable faction
    Actually seems you didn't think of it well others already did. its easy to work around if you use a little imagination.
    #boycottchina

Blizzard can't even manage storyline content for 2 factions.....................