Destro trinket choice ---argh!

So prior to this weekend while my gear was mostly pretty good, my trinkets sucked. I had Essence of terror from normal Sha of fear, and the valor trinket from shado pan assult. Then i ran some LFR's and ended up with Wushooleys and Cha-ye's .

Should i be replacing the 522 shado-pan trinket with one of these and use both, or just pick one to use in place of terror until i get 522 versions?

I don't think the valor trinket is that good, however I would use simcraft to figure out what is best for you.

The valor trinket is better than nothing but it has a significant drawback in that it will haste cap your incinerates when its up. The sha trinket has the same problem as the valor one but just has a lower uptime theoretically. Same basic problem the meta gem has in regards to destro..all 3x tend to haste cap destro. If you have access to wush and chan you should absolutley use them. They are pretty much bis for destro and the advantage of not getting haste capped probably outweighs the ilvl gap. You can always run sims but that's just my gut feeling.

Just make yourself some weakauras to let you know when the wush/chan procs are up and play your CDs/CB's accordingly.

Deleted
    general rule of thumb, if its ilvl 522, dont replace it with ilvl 502.

and werst, i think you're making assumptions about his gear that you dont really know about. chances are he would need both backdraft AND valor proc to get there and that doesnt happen often, and can easily be worked around. wush is idd BiS for destro but it is pretty much a cointoss between Breath of the hydra and cha-ye's(keep in mind that cha-ye's proc only lasts 10 secs and botH lasts for 20 secs, so you need twice the procs for cha-ye's and the fact that BotH lines up perfectly with wusho makes botH quite a bit superior in my book, unless you have about 30% crit at which point cha-ye's becomes equal or suprior in uptime). and from what ive heard, haste only gets devalued when you get in the 10k haste range for single target, so unless you reach that unbuffed, haste should still be your "go-to" secondary stat for single target dps atleast, were as haste tends to be alright for multi target fights, mastery is just plain better for that.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-04-29 at 10:58 PM.

Yep even if the proc isn't that good don't replace a 522 with a 502, do replace a 496 for a 502.

Don't forget that the Valor trinket has a nice passive intellect on it which will make it better even if you get haste capped because of the valor proc.

You should run 502 Wushoolay and 502 Cha Ye's. Valor trinket and 496 mists are both pretty bad for destro. Unless your gear is very low, and you have low amounts of haste anyway the valor trinket will not be great for ya.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    but that is exactly why the valor trinket would be better. it isnt a rppm trinket like the others, and they wont scale much with the haste you might have, not to mention the fact that they ilvl 502, further decreasing their proc rate(afaik), to me there is no option at all.

Does the proc rate go lower for LFR? I was under the impression that the RPPM trinkets are all identical on the proc rate, it just had higher numbers.

Heres my character and stats since you guys are guessing at it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Shodan/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Does the proc rate go lower for LFR? I was under the impression that the RPPM trinkets are all identical on the proc rate, it just had higher numbers.

Heres my character and stats since you guys are guessing at it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Shodan/simple
    To my knowledge only the Unerring Vision and Rune of Reorgination have scaling proc chances best on ilvl. The other trinkets all have a base proc chance modified by haste (and crit for Cha-ye's) but not effect by ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    general rule of thumb, if its ilvl 522, dont replace it with ilvl 502
    This is completely untrue. 502 UVLS is better than any other 522 and MAYBE the other 535 trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    This is completely untrue. 502 UVLS is better than any other 522 and MAYBE the other 535 trinkets.
    UVLS is not better or even equal, given same ilvl with a few other trinkets for destro. Are you sure you didn't mistake this for a demo post?
    Last edited by Delvaz; 2013-05-01 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    UVLS is not better or even equal, given same ilvl with a few other trinkets for destro. Are you sure you didn't mistake this for a demo post?
    Nope you're right. I had both of these completely pointless posts about trinkets and destro and demo open and responded to this one thinking it was the demo one. /shrug :|