PVP while leveling nosense

So i decide to make another alt while waiting for next patch. On every single bg u can see atleast 25% warriors everysingle one of them is protection speced charging around and one hit ppl with shield slam, sometimes when u have pw:shield or smt it take two shield slams but then ofc there is whole bunch of other wars who just wait for their charge button to shine again with shield slam... i get it skills are not scalled for low and mid lv brackets but seriously its so pointless to even come to bg atm. Just had wsg with 12/20 wars....

Im currently leveling a warrior, he is lvl 67, my sheild slam crit for 18k+. Thats twice my health, so in pvp with 40% base resil, i would one shot myself if im not in defensive stance (25% dmg reduction from it )

I also tried a BG on my mage at lvl.... 34 I think?. One sheild slam would kill me. and most games have 3 warriors + either it is wsg or AB.

But note that this is being fixed, warriors will still be OP as revenge also hits really hard, but in 5.3 sheild slam will do 50% reduced damage for warriors below lvl 85.

I would like to point out that, in the pandaria xpack presentation, we were told that blizzard would try to put some time in low lvl class balance. Its happening slowly, first thing I noticed was lvl scaling in BGs, altho it is buggy with the hit rating thing.

A lvl 80 raid boss hit capped in a BG gets scaled to level 84, even if the stats shows that you cannot miss against lvl 80 (is supposed to show level 84 but it doesnt because its bugged) You still miss against others. Even if your hit rating is hhigh.

Its better than cataclysm priests who could kill you in one penance ;P
    Last edited by Honnycorns; 2013-04-29 at 02:30 PM.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    So i decide to make another alt while waiting for next patch. On every single bg u can see atleast 25% warriors everysingle one of them is protection speced charging around and one hit ppl with shield slam, sometimes when u have pw:shield or smt it take two shield slams but then ofc there is whole bunch of other wars who just wait for their charge button to shine again with shield slam... i get it skills are not scalled for low and mid lv brackets but seriously its so pointless to even come to bg atm. Just had wsg with 12/20 wars....
    Have no fear man! In 5.3 they nerfed it, it only does like 50% damage until your 85! Low level pvper's rejoice! (if you weren't prot, if you were then i guess it's QQ T_T)

While I'm used to low-level PVP being a broken mess, it's even more frustrating that it gives such low xp. What I'm not looking forward to is hitting lvl90 and having to queue endless heroics because it's 4x the honor that you'd get from running BGs - I'd love it if you could efficiently level up and gear for PVP by actually taking part in PVP...
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

I have leveled 3 Priests only by ding Bgs and Dungeons. Discipline is way too fun and OP if you have full Heirloom gear. In very low levels, 10-19 it is a bit hard cause you miss some nice abilities but it is getting way too much fun as you level. My best moments was at 70-74 level. Full PVP geared being chased by 2/3 of the Horde Team trying to kill me... happy times!
    It will be almost a piece of cake to kill warriors with Penance glyphed and Instant Holy Fire. It is also fun to face an equally PvP geared Disc Priest at same level. You just cant kill eachother.... I mean never. You can fight for 10 mins and both of you will be full health and almost full mana. Fun!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... i just got last night one shotted all the time by prot warriors, on my 64lvl mage. :/ 8k~ hp + ice barrier which wont help much trough shield slam!

At level 80-84 its priests killing you with a single penance.

Feral druids or boomkin are even more ridiculous. If someone can't 1 shot you, then you can rejuv and the instant heal heals 50%-100% of your hp. You can get out of all snares and slows, and you can run faster than someone on a mount in travel form whilst carrying the flag in wsg. It is a glorious day to be a druid.

Yeah, low lvl pvp isn't fun at all.

They dont even need to focus very hard on low lvl bgs to make it better, bump resil to higher lvls, place a dmg debuff. all these would make pvp more enjoyable low lvl and is an easy fix.

So lets say you lvl anything but a tank that means you get your ass farmed while leveling (no pvp enjoyment there), then you reach lvl 90 and have to go through 120 BGs before you geared up (assuming you get 200 honor on average per bg, no enjoyment there either). With the current state of pvp a new player won't get to enjoy pvp for a long long time. its like a big wall for new players. It's a terrible system, highly discouraging for people that joined mid expansion.
    Last edited by admeteora; 2013-05-01 at 02:29 PM.

Unless you play a tank class (primarily war) or a healer (disc/resto druid), you won't have any fun.

As much as I like pvp, I've completely given up on taking my 44- or so rogue through bgs. The pain and frustration caused is simply not worth it.

I survive two hits from prot wars. My opener? Yeah, they just shrug it off.
    I can't do shit against disc priests and by attacking them, you'll just be another honorable kill. Resto druids (and balance)? Travel form out, heal up, gg.

It's nice to blizz trying to fix things, with scaling and nerfing shield slam, but it's far from enough, and until more is done, I'll bore myself with... uhg.. pve. aka I won't have many 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Unless you play a tank class (primarily war) or a healer (disc/resto druid), you won't have any fun.

As much as I like pvp, I've completely given up on taking my 44- or so rogue through bgs. The pain and frustration caused is simply not worth it.

I survive two hits from prot wars. My opener? Yeah, they just shrug it off.
    I can't do shit against disc priests and by attacking them, you'll just be another honorable kill. Resto druids (and balance)? Travel form out, heal up, gg.

It's nice to blizz trying to fix things, with scaling and nerfing shield slam, but it's far from enough, and until more is done, I'll bore myself with... uhg.. pve. aka I won't have many 90s.
    Pretty much this, unfortunately. I've been occasionally wandering into BGs on the brewmaster I've been leveling, but in many cases it feels like a waste of time. Shield Slam hits me for 80% or more of my health (and this is through 25% reduction in tank stance, plus another 40% from Stagger!), and healers are immortal with the amount of burst healing combined with frankly ridiculous mana efficiency.

Winning BGs consistently is decent XP, though still very far below questing and dungeons in XP/hr. Losing BGs is essentially just wasting time.

But Blizzard doesn't give a tin shit about anything that isn't level 90, and this hasn't changed in the past few expansions. Even Cata, the expansion that supposedly focused on making low level content interesting, didn't do anything significant.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow