Heroic Durumu and Dark Parasites

Hello, my guild will start working on H-Durumu 25 next raid lockout.

I was curious to hear how other guilds handled the Dark Parasite debuff:

- Does anyone just heal through it and never dispel?
    - Or do guilds generally take the debuff for x number of seconds and then dispel? (if so, how long do you take the debuff for?)

- What happens with immunities like Ice Block/Divine Shield, or Cloak of Shadows when the player has the debuff?

Also... I don't really understand the Stern Eye mechanic

Stern Eye – Stern Eyes are created as part of the Cross-Eye's maze pattern around the circumference of Durumu's platform. Stern Eyes gaze directly back at Durumu and will focus on players inside the inverted thirty-degree cone area in front of them. The cone is widest at the edge of the platform and tapers off to a point at Durumu's location in the center of the platform.The closest players inside this area will be victim to Stern Gaze.

Stern Gaze – Stern Eyes inflict Arcane damage to the closest 5 players based on how far they are from the Stern Eye.
    Stern Gaze – Stern Eyes inflict Arcane damage to the closest 2 players based on how far they are from the Stern Eye.
    Is it basically just saying... there will be more raid damage while we run the maze?

Thanks!

Deleted
    The Stern Eye mechanic was removed, The wowhead dungeon journal is not updated.

The Maze is the same as in normal except the Icewall.

What the hell are Stern eyes? I don't see any mention in the dungeon journal, nor have I seen anything like that during the fight.

As for Dark Parasite, I'm not sure how different 25 man is but on 10 man we dispel rather early. It's rare that we let it go past half duration. The damage get's pretty intense, if you were to heal the entire thing you'd need to use defensive cooldowns and have probably 2 dedicated healers on it. The eyeballs it spawns however do barely anything, they do next to no damage and the only way they can kill someone is if they get nuked by a chaos bolt. Just throw some dots on them and ignore them.

Deleted
    I guess our healers dispell the debuff after ~ 15 seconds.
    Don't nuke the adds, they should die from random AoE spells. If you have a monktank make sure he's not oneshotting your raidmembers with kegsmash, happened way too often in our raid.

If you have a shaman in your raid, make sure he places his grounding totem right before the parasites appear. It will soak the debuff if it's on a raidmember in his group and it will cheese this mechanic completly.

Well we're only going to have 2 shaman for 25M so... we can have them drop the totem, but we're still going to have to deal with the mechanic.

Still wondering though, what happens if you Ice Block once you have the debuff?

you don't take damage for however many seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Use Grounding Totem to completely negate Dark Parasites.
    How can you negate the Parasites if the targetted player is not in the same group as the shaman? GT is only party-wide, as I know...

Deleted
    There isn't much I can help you with as I'm not a healer and aren't completely sure how our healers handled the debuff, but I do know that we dispelled at 11 seconds (manual, single target dispell. Mass dispells became too much of a hassle) and that we let the eyes die from random AoEs like my Barrage for example.

The 11 seconds thing made our kill. Slightly longer and people died from it, sooner and we had too many adds running around to deal with.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have any monks, they can dispell it from themselves with diffuse magic without any adds spawning ever. That can of course be done the second the debuff is applied.

We dispel at 8/9 and chain 2 hand of purity's on the person beforehand, if its on me (tank) i just keep it for the full duration and chain cd's, vengeanceeeee.

Deleted
    for us it depends a bit, if it's a class that can pop a strong CD towards the end we generally tend to let it just run it's duration and ofcourse using sacs/puritys before that. It gets sketchy towards the end though sometimes. I guess on 25 man you would have more puritys/sacs to work with maybe

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you don't take damage for however many seconds
    So, using an immunity will not remove the debuff is what I am understanding. By any chance have you tried using an immunity and then sending a single dispel while that person is immune? Maybe Dark Plague won't apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    We dispel at 8/9 and chain 2 hand of purity's on the person beforehand, if its on me (tank) i just keep it for the full duration and chain cd's, vengeanceeeee.
    Only the 10% global damage reduction applies, not the 70% DoT damage reduction, by the way. We found Purity to be pretty useless and our pallies ran Clemency instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Only the 10% global damage reduction applies, not the 70% DoT damage reduction, by the way. We found Purity to be pretty useless and our pallies ran Clemency instead.
    Then that got changed, because we tested it and it defo worked even tho you cant immune it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Then that got changed, because we tested it and it defo worked even tho you cant immune it.
    didn't work for us either. so IDK maybe the person you had it on just had another cd up and it gave the illusion of it working.

Dark Parasites can be redirected by Zen Meditation as well. Use Diffuse Magic right after and you'll negate the mechanic just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    didn't work for us either. so IDK maybe the person you had it on just had another cd up and it gave the illusion of it working.
    Possibly, il check it again this upcoming lockout.

HoP should definitely not work on the Parasites, wouldn't make any sense.