Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, if AMoC is 5k DPS, and BS is increasing his pet's DPS by 13k, there's still an 8k difference there. Whether it's just from upgrades/AP buff, who knows.

Have you done any fights with AMoC yet to see how much damage it does with the AP buff?

my alt hunter is poorly geared at about 490 ilvl. blink strikes is roughly 3.2k more dps than amoc for her as sv according to femaledwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Blink Strikes simmed lower for me too... but in game, when I picked it with Dire Beast, I pulled 20k DPS more than my previous high on Durumu normal last night. Granted... I did have my items upgrades and AP buff. But 20k is a HUGE difference. Oh.... I also died that kill attempt too because we decided to 3 heal it lol. Well 3.5 cause the monk has like 480 ilevel lol.

I believe sims are some how calculating Blink Strikes wrong. The night before, my pet was doing 22k DPS. Last night my pet was doing almost 35k DPS with Blink Strikes. That's a 13k DPS increase. Again.. I don't know if the AP buff and item upgrades can contribute to that much of a boost.

I know I'm all over the place with this post.. sorry about that. Since I haven't done full testing yet I just post this with a disclaimer that it has not been fully tested for 5.3. These are averages...

5.2 with Fervor and AMoC
    Pet DPS - 22k
    AMoC DPS - 5k

5.3 with Dire Beast and Blink Strikes (AP Buff and item upgrades)
    Pet DPS - 35k
    Dire Beast DPS - 8k DPS

Again.... its hard to measure with AP buff and item upgrades, but you cannot deny the huge difference there. I'll do some more testing... hopefully tonight.
    do you have a +40 agility gem in your cloak?

Getting used to the starting rotation was really awkward.. Too used to pressing Fervor+aMoC and suddenly there is no aMoC to press ...

Anyway, BS is superior in very many scenarios, only scenario aMoC wins is Wind Lord style 30 sec Burst period. Target switching isn't an issue if you leave your pet on boss on target switch fights.

From our raid tonight, we finally got a progress kill on Horridon HC(25m ofc).

My DPS on Jin'rokh was 282655, which earned me rank 3 on WoL for a short while before other guilds started raiding(Now rank 7). And I got Rank 1 on Magaera 25N.

The Buffs + Upgrades definitely increased my DPS.

I did some testing between Haste and Crit builds of aMoC and BS. My gear is 528 iLvl with Meta, 2/4pc, Bad Juju N, Renataki HC and Tortos HC-TF bow

Crit>Haste Reforge:
    Fervor+BS: 178950.57
    Fervor+aMoC: 177434.82 -1515.75 (-0.85%)

Haste>Crit Reforge:
    Fervor+BS: 177880.29
    Fervor+aMoC: 177389.47 -490.82 (-0.28%)

Overall the best: Crit>Haste Reforge with Fervor+BS
    Overall the worst: Haste>Crit Reforge with Fervor+aMoC

Blink strike wins with both reforges but what I'm curious about is how the difference is smaller on Haste>Crit reforge between aMoC and BS. Naturally Crit reforge should be way better for aMoC since aMoC doesn't scale with Haste at all.

I've gone back to aMoC since BS has been extremely underwhelming for me as SV thus far. I'm going MM for the rest of the tier just for fun since everything's on farm now but I don't expect it'll perform much better there. I don't see how other people are getting a gain out of it. Seems some are and some aren't. Annoyingly inconsistent.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cleared 6 bosses tonight (25-man, some normal and some HC), using fervor and BS. It is a bit weird playing with so few mid-long CDs, but getting used to it pretty quick. The only time I think the missing AMoC hurt me was on Horridon, where I couldn't make as much use for his dmg taken debuff as much as I normally would (seeing as I have pet on adds for aoe sunder).

I'm loving BM with Blink Strikes myself (And Beast Cleave <3) fairly big increase on every fight I've done.

Watching Rogerbrown play BM with BS + Fervor made me want to try that out too.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Seems some are and some aren't. Annoyingly inconsistent.
    As mentioned in the other thread: pets seem to be a bit bugged atm as well.
    My purple serpent doesn't auto cast Bite at all if I'm specced into aMoC or Lynx Rush... it seems to work fine when specced into the new Blink Strikes though.

Shouldnt pet now open with Blink Strike with Prowl on for additional 20% damage on start?
    From SV POV: What about other basic spells on pet like Claw, Bite? Keep them on like before or turn off so Blink Strikes can be spamed?
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Shouldnt pet now open with Blink Strike with Prowl on for additional 20% damage on start?
    From SV POV: What about other basic spells on pet like Claw, Bite? Keep them on like before or turn off so Blink Strikes can be spamed?
    Blink Strike isn't an attack anymore, it's simply a charge that the pet uses to get to target, it causes no damage. However Blink strike talent gives the pet a passive 50% boost to basic attacks(Claw, smack, etc). Also I believe Prowl on SB/Cats get cancelled by the Blink Strike so it wouldn't have time to use Basic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Blink Strike isn't an attack anymore, it's simply a charge that the pet uses to get to target, it causes no damage. However Blink strike talent gives the pet a passive 50% boost to basic attacks(Claw, smack, etc). Also I believe Prowl on SB/Cats get cancelled by the Blink Strike so it wouldn't have time to use Basic attack.
    I get it. Thanks for fast answer. Pure BM buff for fights with many targets, SV will be just fine with AMOC or BS, depending on fight.

Not hugely feeling Blink Strikes, certainly for Survival, perhaps its better for just BM?

Blink Strikes shows a 1156.5 dps increase over AMoC for me.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something to keep in mind is that BS will have full "uptime", while AMoC's uptime will completely depend on length of fight. In the sims, the two talents are so close to each other, that I think any one of them could win out depending on how the fight goes. BS is passive though, so won't be affected by mistakes and bad decisions the same way AMoC will.

For now I'm staying with BS+Fervor until I see some strong proof AMoC is superior.
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-05-23 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Something to keep in my is that BS will have full "uptime", while AMoC's uptime will completely depend on length of fight. In the sims, the two talents are so close to each other, that I think any one of them could win out depending on how the fight goes. BS is passive though, so won't be affected by mistakes and bad decisions the same way AMoC will.

For now I'm staying with BS+Fervor until I see some strong proof AMoC is superior.
    Very good post. Survival POV:

BS will definetly be nice for events like Pink Dino, which you have to handle on Horridon HC, if you fail a bit with snake traps or for better pet uptime on boss in last phase.

AMOC will be better for offdotting Suen in Phase 1 of Twin Consorts to get her lower.

Still i keep in mind that some people report bugs like: pets not using abilities, despawning when too far etc. That might also affect BS in negative way tho.
    Last edited by sultangurde; 2013-05-23 at 12:10 PM.

Pretty sure the Bad Juju Gnomes have blink strikes too - not the thunderhawk, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Pretty sure the Bad Juju Gnomes have blink strikes too - not the thunderhawk, though.
    Teleporting gnomes??!?! We are all doomed!!

Still i keep in mind that some people report bugs like: pets not using abilities, despawning when too far etc. That might also affect BS in negative way tho.
    Pet despawning was fixed with 5.3, on Horridon we had the boss after 4th gate where I guess 99% of guilds have it and my pink dino was at gate 2 area with my pet smacking it full time. In 5.2/before it would have despawned the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Pet despawning was fixed with 5.3, on Horridon we had the boss after 4th gate where I guess 99% of guilds have it and my pink dino was at gate 2 area with my pet smacking it full time. In 5.2/before it would have despawned the pet.
    Well i use pet only as backup on Horridon HC. 1st role is played by snakes chasing Pink Dino for 20 sec and pushing it back to the limits. If you master snake trap there you can use pet on boss 24/7

Well i use pet only as backup on Horridon HC. 1st role is played by snakes chasing Pink Dino for 20 sec and pushing it back to the limits. If you master snake trap there you can use pet on boss 24/7
    For me the snakes just fuck off next to me or go attack the boss, even if the trap is nowhere near anything else.