Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    I always called the druid variant ShaTREEplay. You avoid all those pesky repeating consonants.
    Oooh ya, I forgot to explain Shatreeplay (I think I was building to it with the whole explanation of why Shattertree is a terrible world, and then got distracted).

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Same here. Godcomp never really coined on with people I play with. Not sure if it was more of a US thing.
    It's a US thing definitely - in the long term it's a name that won't stick - because imagine in some future season where 'God Comp' is a terrible comp, it would be bizarre at that point.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Well AJ says, shatterplay is actually with rsham, even though I always called shatterplay the one with rdruid, because there werent many with rshams in history.

My personal favourite is Leave cleave lol, double healeris very frustrating, double healer dk would be frustration cleave
    Not sure if you are in Europe, but in North America at least Shadow-Fmage-Rsham was WAYY better than Shadow-Fmage-Rdruid for at least the last two expansions, when Trees weren't as competitive healers as they are now. I haven't heard it called Leave Cleave before, but I'll have to start using it Especcially if it's got an Rdruid in it - because then even has Leaves!
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-01 at 10:44 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

maybe god comp only caught on in the US because of our large population of god believing fear mongers.

/risky post of the day
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    maybe god comp only caught on in the US because of our large population of god believing fear mongers.

/risky post of the day
    You should be ok as long as you're only trashing on the Christian God. From what I've seen that's acceptable.

Double frost mage + rogue = bubblecleave

I saw that once xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flln View Post
    Double frost mage + rogue = bubblecleave

I saw that once xD
    On my battlegroup a few seasons ago there was a Rank 1 contender comp that was Frost Mage / Fire Mage / Subtlety Rogue. I can't remember if that was the same season or not though that the Rank 1 spot went to Frost DK / Frost DK / Resto Shaman: but that got Rank 1 on a season around the same time. So dumb /facepalm

Edit: It might have been unholy / unholy now that I think about it? There was some season where necrotic strike was way too spammable and way too strong, so their whole strategy was to stack necrotic faster than the enemy team could heal - it just looked like no heals went out all game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by veblux View Post
    You should be ok as long as you're only trashing on the Christian God. From what I've seen that's acceptable.
    If he had posted something that was specific, serious (not a joke) and direct - I'd infract him - I considered it anyways - but I don't think those criteria were met.

"Our large population of god-believing" <-- this isn't offensive, it suggests that a large proportion of the US believes in god, which is true (it doesn't specify what god(s) either).

"fear mongers" <--- this is potentially offensive, but not to a degree I think is infractable. 'monger' isn't an offensive term, it just means vendor / trader / businessmen. To monger, or trade, fear - is to use fear as a motivator for pushing a product / service / worldview. All religions do this, as do all toothpaste advertisements that suggest your teeth aren't white enough, or underwear advertisements that suggest your abs aren't hard enough. All human accomplishment is a concoction of fear, desire and hope.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-03 at 11:23 PM.

they're just silly nicknames. "shadowcleave" (spriest/lock/rshaman) in s2 is what started it all iirc

edit: nvm, i just remembered it was "shadowplay", not shadowcleave. wuteva
    Last edited by Niyari; 2013-05-04 at 08:49 PM.

i remember african turtle cleave back in LK. there was also KFC cleave i think

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered why people complain about thug cleave (getting stabbed and shot on) but no one says anything about God Comp

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I always wondered why people complain about thug cleave (getting stabbed and shot on) but no one says anything about God Comp
    Shatreeplay (God Comp) representation dropped pretty dramatically after 5.2, it was almost a soft-counter to KFC's, and KFC's mostly vanished. Thugcleave is if anything a soft-counter to Shatreeplay (God Comp). That isn't to say that Shatreeplay isn't Rank 1 viable right now, but at this point God Comps make up 2.5% of 2200+ arena teams: it's hardly a phenomena anymore. In 5.3 the nerfs to Mass Dispel and Void Shift are obviously going to hurt all spriests - but Spriest/X/Rdruid teams in particular are going to suffer, because Rdruids are high maintenance healers. In 5.1 they were amazing, in 5.2 they have fallen way down in representation, and in 5.3 they likely wont be a gladiator-capable comp anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    they're just silly nicknames. "shadowcleave" (spriest/lock/rshaman) in s2 is what started it all iirc

edit: nvm, i just remembered it was "shadowplay", not shadowcleave. wuteva
    I think shadowcleave came along when people started running spriest/unholydk or lock/unholydk not 100% sure its been a long time heh
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I think shadowcleave came along when people started running spriest/unholydk or lock/unholydk not 100% sure its been a long time heh
    Shadowcleave is Lock / Unholy DK / Healer

Unholyplay is Spriest / Unholy DK / Rshaman.

A '-play' is always a spriest/rshaman/x.

For example, Daggerplay was once another name for RPS (Rogue/Spriest/Rsham) - but it didn't stand the test of time for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    TSG is indeed from Teh Super Gosus, the first team to play warrior-dk-paladin on a competitive level, the people were zilea, veev and valrath
    miss those times :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    people are morons

Infracted.
    reading trough all those names, yes they are

The only real cleave name that lasted over 1 season that I can remember are Beastcleave, Thugcleave, Kittycleave and Junglecleave. Everything else is just some crap people made up because there was some silly comp that was OP for 1 season. Legendary Staff Spicy Chicken Cleave says hi.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-05-05 at 10:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The only real cleave name that lasted over 1 season that I can remember are Beastcleave, Thugcleave, Kittycleave and Junglecleave. Everything else is just some crap people made up because there was some silly comp that was OP for 1 season. Legendary Staff Spicy Chicken Cleave says hi.
    Fire / Balance / Healer is just called Spicy Chicken - it's been around since long before Tarecgosa, and isn't a '-cleave'. I remember it since at least late WotLK - the chicken would use Starfall for absurd multi-dot pressure - and if ever 2 (but ideally 3) of the opponents got too near each other, the fire mage would drop combustion - and that was pretty much GG. It has made a come back many seasons since then.