Deleted

[Resto] 10 Man - Tier 4 + Tier 6 Talent Choices + Mastery vs Int

Hello! I've looked across both this forum and EJ forums and I haven't yet found a thread specifically for how to optimize for resto. I'd like to add this is mainly directed at 10 man healing, not 25s. I'm afraid I'm not a maths whizz so any maths posted here i'll have to take your word for it .

Tier 4 Talents
    Soul of the Forest vs Incarnation

So for this I am usually running with incarnation, I find soul of the forest is too inflexible in my healing rotation especially considering I don't use wild growth a huge amount in a 10 man. As for how this effects mastery vs int, overall it shouldn't as from what I can see it shouldnt increase or decrease the value of int in any way.

Tier 6 Talents
    Heart of the Wild vs Nature's Vigil

I currently use heart of the wild. I did use nature's vigil alot last tier to line up with incarnation however I'm finding this tier that in order to keep it lined up i have to use NV as soon as it comes off CD so that it'll be up again with my Incarnation. This leads to the problem that i often dont need the 10% healing increase 90 seconds after popping incarnation and therefore its wasted, so i chose to go with HotW however I would love to see some maths on it.

That brings me to the next point of how these talents affect what you need to stack through gemming once you feel like you have a comfortable level of spirit. Alot of the maths I've seen places gemming mastery as better than gemming int, however then if you take heart of the wild it increases the value of int to the level that you should stack that instead. This needs to be taken into consideration when looking at the choice in tier 6 talents as it needs to be seen how they will scale compared to eachother with the different gearing.

To sum up, i'm just curious really about what you use and why, your experiences with the talents and if there are any fights this tier where one of these has an amazing use that might have been overlooked.

Thanks, Nightríse!

Speaking specifically in regards to tier 4 talents I don't believe there is a specific pick and forget talent. I constantly change between incarnation and SotF depending on the fight. For fights with constant aoe damage going out I find SotF the go to choice, where fights that have more heavy short aoe phases, tree would be the better choice. Tier 6 I find NV not appealing at all and prefer the passive gains and the ability to do some decent dps in lulls preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Speaking specifically in regards to tier 4 talents I don't believe there is a specific pick and forget talent. I constantly change between incarnation and SotF depending on the fight. For fights with constant aoe damage going out I find SotF the go to choice, where fights that have more heavy short aoe phases, tree would be the better choice. Tier 6 I find NV not appealing at all and prefer the passive gains and the ability to do some decent dps in lulls preferred.
    100% agree with that, I'm also switching all the time. As for Int vs. Mastery, even with HotW, 2 mastery are slightly better than 1 int healing-wise. Reasons to prefer int can be HotW dps and gear that is used for Moonkin offspec as well.

Deleted
    Which fights would you prefer soul of the forest over Incarnation?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    As for Int vs. Mastery, even with HotW, 2 mastery are slightly better than 1 int healing-wise. Reasons to prefer int can be HotW dps and gear that is used for Moonkin offspec as well.
    Do you have a source for the maths where this is from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Sure, just take a look at the other "Int vs. Mastery" thread that's currently on.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2013-04-30 at 05:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Nightrisee;20981715]Which fights would you prefer soul of the forest over Incarnation?[COLOR="red"]

I default to SotF actually, have been using with the T14 4 set and now with the T15 4 set. I like Incarnation for Dark Animus, due to a fair bit of movement and after a jolt goes out tree helps for getting people up quick who need it whilst being on the move. Tortos is another where it can be pretty useful after the quakes, whilst negotiating turtles. As for the rest I pretty much use SotF. I solo heal the main platform on Ji'kun, I was using tree for that as well but have not switched and used SotF there as well since getting T15 4 set.

[QUOTE=Gags;20984537]
    Which fights would you prefer soul of the forest over Incarnation?[COLOR="red"]

I default to SotF actually, have been using with the T14 4 set and now with the T15 4 set. I like Incarnation for Dark Animus, due to a fair bit of movement and after a jolt goes out tree helps for getting people up quick who need it whilst being on the move. Tortos is another where it can be pretty useful after the quakes, whilst negotiating turtles. As for the rest I pretty much use SotF. I solo heal the main platform on Ji'kun, I was using tree for that as well but have not switched and used SotF there as well since getting T15 4 set.
    Gags, it appears you are implying that the 4pcT15 bonus was valuable for a SoTF build. So are you mainly casting a rejuv on the tank after every SoTF? I can't really think of any other way SoTF would benefit from 4pcT15. But I dont have it so I very well may be missing something. I always assumed I'd go back to incarnation once I dropped 4pcT14. So your comments are very interesting. Would like to hear more detail on what you are doing. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    100% agree with that, I'm also switching all the time. As for Int vs. Mastery, even with HotW, 2 mastery are slightly better than 1 int healing-wise. Reasons to prefer int can be HotW dps and gear that is used for Moonkin offspec as well.
    You say that mastery is better than int yet your gemmed int>mastery...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosirog View Post
    You say that mastery is better than int yet your gemmed int>mastery...
    Yes, and I also gave the reasons for that. While for raw healing, mastery is *slightly* better than int, I also HotW dps very often, and I use many items for Moonkin offspec as well. That's why I defaulted to gemming int. I honestly don't think it really matters either way. The difference is very small.

Deleted
    Which fights would you prefer soul of the forest over Incarnation?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 05:41 PM ----------

all of them except maybe durumu heroic ... its nice to have TOL during the spectrums and after that the dmg is quite low

i did used to use TOL on megeara but this week iw ent for soft instead and did better

[QUOTE=Druover;20989398]

Gags, it appears you are implying that the 4pcT15 bonus was valuable for a SoTF build. So are you mainly casting a rejuv on the tank after every SoTF? I can't really think of any other way SoTF would benefit from 4pcT15. But I dont have it so I very well may be missing something. I always assumed I'd go back to incarnation once I dropped 4pcT14. So your comments are very interesting. Would like to hear more detail on what you are doing. Thanks!!!
    Pretty much, I still use it with WG, but basically use swiftmend on cd but alternate between WG and rejuev. With 4pcT15 and a SotF rejuev it will be ticking 50% stronger on the final tik. So as you said quite a valuable HoT to have rolling on the tank, or even in heavy aoe you can Swiftmend-WG-Swiftmend-Rejuev repeat on whoever. Is it better than 4pcT14? I wouldn't say so, but I prefer SotF for most fights this tier anyway, I use tree on 2. Big thing to make sure is to not overwrite you're SotF rejuev until it expires.
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-05-02 at 11:10 PM.