Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    windows 8 sucks for gamers its more for the media type user, whoever at microsoft thought they needed a tablet touchscreen design on a desktop should hopefully have been fired i cant believe your even asking this question OP, Windows 7 is way better than 8, windows 8 is vista V2 totally shite and many people will stick with win7 like people stuck with XP for years when vista came out

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Works fine on either. There will be things that will not occasionally work on Windows 8 but for those, just install a Windows 7 VM using Hyper V or dual-boot the machine with Win 7 as a last resort.
    or just install windows 7 and dnt bother with the rest of your statement

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    windows 8 sucks for gamers
    Too bad you're wrong. It works just as well or better for gamers than Win7.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Too bad you're wrong. It works just as well or better for gamers than Win7.
    Totally agree with you
    On some benchmarks windows 8 performs a lot better than windows 7 for several games, the only thing is that you might have troubles with installing some games, but you still able to play them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHnsfIJtZ2o
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    SOme older games dont work on win8. Crysis 1 being a good example -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    SOme older games dont work on win8. Crysis 1 being a good example -.-
    First hit of googlíng "crysis windows 8"
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis/Crys...p/1049506#M429
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm almost certain that anyone still clinging to Windows 7 because they dislike Windows 8 isn't smart enough to know what a luddite is.
    Hello!

I dislike windows 8 and know what a luddite is - Welcome to opinion! In mine, Windows 8 isn't my ideal OS on a desktop.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    First hit of googlíng "crysis windows 8"
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis/Crys...p/1049506#M429
    Ye, that didnt work.

Ye, that didnt work.

With this, I got a working shortcut to Crysis. It works for me.
    And honestly, if you judge an OS by the fact that it doesn't support a 2007 game...

You can dislike it as much as you want, but don't say it sucks, because it is false, and its not my opinion, its a fact
    My first build:
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PunisherQc View Post
    And honestly, if you judge an OS by the fact that it doesn't support a 2007 game...

You can dislike it as much as you want, but don't say it sucks, because it is false, and its not my opinion, its a fact
    Im no where stating windows 8 sucks. I like it very much. I was refering to it being better than W7 for games. That might be so for new games. But some older games might have some issues and you need to work around them. Which is pretty annoying and I dont really get why it should be an issue. I doubt much has changed since W7.

So, you dont want to play your old games anymore on your PC? It was for a friend who never played crysis before. And imo, crysis is one of those games you just have to play. So it sucks that it cant run on w8 without having to work around it.

Im no where stating windows 8 sucks. I like it very much. I was refering to it being better than W7 for games. That might be so for new games. But some older games might have some issues and you need to work around them. Which is pretty annoying and I dont really get why it should be an issue. I doubt much has changed since W7.

So, you dont want to play your old games anymore on your PC? It was for a friend who never played crysis before. And imo, crysis is one of those games you just have to play. So it sucks that it cant run on w8 without having to work around it.
    Yeah sorry, wrong person, its not you that said it sucked

I agree that it would be nicer if crysis (or any older game that don't work) would have worked, and that is one of the reason why Im not using W8
    My first build: