Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter scatter shot now DRs freezing trap? :D

    something good , a start anyways.. you all want less instant cc!

    -snip-

    i stole that from AJ but it was too accurate not to post 6.6.

    *note.. wont kill the class.. but will rock 1900 thug-cleave hero hunters that somehow farm much better teams with sloppy scat/traps because they wont be able to control their pet's well enough to stun or web / trap.

    Holinka @holinka




    ((forgot ref ^))
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-30 at 01:36 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  2. #2
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,112
    pet stun into trap now. 18 seconds of cc is now 16 :/

  3. #3
    Not much of a change. all it really does is make scatter shot nigh useless.
    Concussive trap has been more reliable than scatter trap for me lately.
    I'm more mad that they're killing something we've had for years and they've had no problem with before.

  4. #4
    Meanwhile, BM retains readiness and continues to have 2 extra trinkets and greater burst than the other two specs.

    Readiness needs to be removed from the BM toolkit since the spec already has too much. That alone will curb 99% of the hunter cc chain.

    On setting thought CD resetting cds should be removed from the game entirely and that would nerf the 3 biggest culprits for ridiculous long ass cc chains. Compensation can be made thought I honestly don't think it's necessary outside of a few defensive buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Meanwhile, BM retains readiness and continues to have 2 extra trinkets and greater burst than the other two specs.

    Readiness needs to be removed from the BM toolkit since the spec already has too much. That alone will curb 99% of the hunter cc chain.

    On setting thought CD resetting cds should be removed from the game entirely and that would nerf the 3 biggest culprits for ridiculous long ass cc chains. Compensation can be made thought I honestly don't think it's necessary outside of a few defensive buffs.
    I agree, readiness, prep, cold snap should all be removed. IDK what to do for the other 2, but for hunters,
    Crouching tiger hidden chimera could be made baseline, posthaste a MM skill, narrow escape for sv, bm has plenty of utility still, and make the 15 talent tree all about traps. All to compensate for no more readiness.

  6. #6
    I've got to agree with the other people in this thread. It won't affect Hunters who know what they are doing and know how to handle DRs. It's a change, and a good change at that, but it's not really in the right direction.

    The problem with Hunter CC is that it is all instant, and all on low CDs and some can be reset with readiness. Even with this DR change, Hunters can just use their CC in a different order and with 1 CC-heavy class helping out they could easily keep a player CCd for a minute.

  7. #7
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,385
    Braindeadly said the changes to Hunters in the next patch are pretty big for arena on his stream last night, can't remember his exact words. But I'm guessing he means that the burst is nerfed and that other classes haven't been changed, so Hunter viability in some comps will be nerfed? I'm just guessing here.

  8. #8
    Couldn't you still dk stun into a trap with good results?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Meanwhile, BM retains readiness and continues to have 2 extra trinkets and greater burst than the other two specs.

    Readiness needs to be removed from the BM toolkit since the spec already has too much. That alone will curb 99% of the hunter cc chain.

    On setting thought CD resetting cds should be removed from the game entirely and that would nerf the 3 biggest culprits for ridiculous long ass cc chains. Compensation can be made thought I honestly don't think it's necessary outside of a few defensive buffs.
    This so much, who would give BM readiness while letting it keep most of its previous toolkit?
    Melee vs caster balance in WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F0Ehgx_Q8

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Braindeadly said the changes to Hunters in the next patch are pretty big for arena on his stream last night, can't remember his exact words. But I'm guessing he means that the burst is nerfed and that other classes haven't been changed, so Hunter viability in some comps will be nerfed? I'm just guessing here.
    Pretty much. Hunter burst is getting nerfed, but sustained buffed. Though, sustained doesn't really win games right now. They really should just take Readiness out of BM, make Rapid fire a 2 minute CD (its 3 right now, but on Readiness), kill pet CC's, and not add this DR change. All this DR change does is make MM and Surv even shittier in comparison to BM. As has been said, Shale Spider/Crane -> Trap is what is happening anyway, so this just makes it harder for the other hunter specs to have respectable CC.

  11. #11
    JK pet stun into trap CYA

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Couldn't you still dk stun into a trap with good results?
    yes definitely

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    JK pet stun into trap CYA

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:52 PM ----------



    yes definitely
    Or disengage root.

    Blizzard seriously doesn't know how to fix stuff. Couldn't they have better reduced the scatter duration from 4 to 3 seconds or simply removed pet stun?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I've got to agree with the other people in this thread. It won't affect Hunters who know what they are doing and know how to handle DRs. It's a change, and a good change at that, but it's not really in the right direction.
    yea i agree 90%.. thats why i said 1900 and not 2k +. them using pet control to land cc is at least a little harder to manage at least some of the time.

    the 10% i disagree with being ; i believe almost any reduction in instant cc = right direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    JK pet stun into trap CYA

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:52 PM ----------



    yes definitely
    Yeah, all them MM/Surv pet stuns. :P

  15. #15
    who needs CC when you kill someone in one kidney/bomb anyways ?

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    who needs CC when you kill someone in one kidney/bomb anyways ?
    Because PvP power, rogues, and hunter burst aren't all getting nerfed, right?
    Oh wait...

  17. #17
    Step in the right direction but blizzard are clueless.......they haven't solved the problem, they have just moved it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    pet stun into trap now. 18 seconds of cc is now 16 :/
    Perhaps my opponents did something wrong then. Usually the hunters scatter -> trap the healer and stun -> stampede -> silence their kill target.
    When they have to use their stun on the healer now, it will be easier for the kill target to cc the stampede.

  19. #19
    Stupidest change, removes one of the Hunters oldest core mechanics while not fixing anything. The problem lied in BM having access to both Intimidation and Silencing Shot and an instant 40yard pet stun. They fixed one (Intimidation becoming a talent on the same tier as Silencing shot) wich was a good move but completly screwed up the other part. Pet CC needed to DR with traps, or his cooldown doubled, or a cast time. Anything to reduce instant CC without touching a core Hunter mechanic. In a game where every single class has a sprint, blink or other movement increase, multiple trinkets and/or CC immunities, scoring a trap is already challenging enough.

    This change only forces Hunters to play BM (again) to have access to the shale spider for trapping purpose.

    The only way this change should make it live is by removing the traps trigger time and add a cast time to it, wich won't happen.

    Meanwhile Cyclone, Fear and Sheep still doesn't DR each others. PoM sheep is still the easiest CC to land in the game and mage overall ability to kill someone in a deep freeze is untouched. Really makes me want to stay subbed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 03:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    who needs CC when you kill someone in one kidney/bomb anyways ?
    Only classes i can sympathize with as far as this is concerned is Rdruids not playing Godcomp and Rshams, everyone else has plenty of tools (as a team or even an individual) to deal with Thugcleaves. If you die in one kidney bomb and you aren't either of the above, you got outplayed.

  20. #20
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Stupidest change, removes one of the Hunters oldest core mechanics while not fixing anything. The problem lied in BM having access to both Intimidation and Silencing Shot and an instant 40yard pet stun. They fixed one (Intimidation becoming a talent on the same tier as Silencing shot) wich was a good move but completly screwed up the other part. Pet CC needed to DR with traps, or his cooldown doubled, or a cast time. Anything to reduce instant CC without touching a core Hunter mechanic. In a game where every single class has a sprint, blink or other movement increase, multiple trinkets and/or CC immunities, scoring a trap is already challenging enough.

    This change only forces Hunters to play BM (again) to have access to the shale spider for trapping purpose.

    The only way this change should make it live is by removing the traps trigger time and add a cast time to it, wich won't happen.

    Meanwhile Cyclone, Fear and Sheep still doesn't DR each others. PoM sheep is still the easiest CC to land in the game and mage overall ability to kill someone in a deep freeze is untouched. Really makes me want to stay subbed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 03:22 PM ----------



    Only classes i can sympathize with as far as this is concerned is Rdruids not playing Godcomp and Rshams, everyone else has plenty of tools (as a team or even an individual) to deal with Thugcleaves. If you die in one kidney bomb and you aren't either of the above, you got outplayed.
    Mostly this yes, others keep there OP abilities and we are getting nerved. I can't help it that we became OP in MoP and all the FOTM rerollers came hunters and screwed us over..
    Stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •