Suggestion: Kor’Kron Propaganda in 5.4

The revolution has their message in the air with Trolls running through the streets screaming Vol’jin lives. What about how the Kor’Kron want to be seen as? They have the zealotry but show no propaganda of a Military State it is Ogrimmar is obviously becoming.

The Idea for 5.4 Ogrimmar under Martial Law

What if we saw some Pro Garrosh Propaganda banners throughout Ogrimmar? Fascist Propaganda like a Bright red Banner with a picture of Garrosh glaring at the viewer with the words “The Eyes of Hellscream are upon you” written below. “If it ain’t Red its Dead.” “In Garrosh we Trust” Evil Propaganda designed to create Fear, Doubt, Anger, Violence, Hatred, Despair all through National Pride.

Examples of Bad Propaganda (Non specific)

There is no reason to be completely horrifyingly offensive, kids still play the game but it would raise the stakes of stepping foot in an “now” evil empire ruled by a tyrant. This concept may be a little too raw for Wow but I figured I would give it a shot on the MMO forums.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-04-30 at 02:36 AM.

I completely concur with this idea. Although WoW is high fantasy and played by kids, we had Arthas and his dark story, and considering that Blizzard has made Garrosh our MoP final boss (or second to final boss) and is already hated by mostly everyone, it would be nice to see the writers take this all the way.

The propagand would certainly make Garrosh's Horde feel more hell bent on killing any and all "threats" as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-04-30 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I completely concur with this idea. Although WoW is high fantasy and played by kids, we had Arthas and his dark story, and considering that Blizzard has made Garrosh our MoP final boss (or second to final boss) and is already hated by mostly everyone, it would be nice to see the writers take this all the way.

The propagand would certainly make Garrosh's Horde feel more hell bent on killing any and all "threats" as soon as possible.
    I think so too. I got this idea after watching V for Vendetta. Nothing got under the people's skin more than their government pushing fear tactics. Also modern Tyrants use what is known as The Cult of Personality much like in that movie to get what they want.

This might distinguish regular Orcs from being lumped in to Garrosh's private collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I actually love this idea OP, here are few suggestions.
    "Vol'jin doesnt use soap and has dirty asshole" - This isnt even propaganda its spreading truth !!!
    "Do YOU want thrall's balls close to your wife ?" - No comment needed.
    "Darkspears !!! Rebels against real horde. And proper diction." - Mon !!! I Be no understandin whut dey tokin about !!!
    "Join Darkspears !!! In they weekly grind to obtain lvl 476 gear !!!!

I dunno. Garrosh never struck me as the kind of orc who cares what people think. I doubt he would employ propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-Garrosh/Anti-Vol'jin

"You can choose Orc, or you can choose Dork!"
    "What are those huge tusks compensating for?"
    "Lok'tar *pic of Garrosh* Ogar *pic of Vol'jin*"

Pro-Rebel/Anti-Garrosh

"Garrosh has good loot drops"
    "Do you want your child to look up to this? *Pic of Garrosh*"
    "We got da good stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I dunno. Garrosh never struck me as the kind of orc who cares what people think. I doubt he would employ propaganda.
    He doesn't care as long as most of the Horde is with him. If people start leaving Orgrimmar and joining the rebellion, he could be more worried about this kind of stuff.

I think it fits the theme. Look at Bioshock Infinite, where both sides try to convince people that the enemy is among them. I could see Garrosh doing it, although I'm not sure Vol'jin is politically clever enough to do these things. In fact, Garrosh having better propaganda would be a good excuse for that "The Alliance and the rebellion must work together", that doesn't make as much sense if most of the Horde doesn't support Garrosh.

It is the first rebellion players take part into, it should be as complex as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually not a bad idea. Garrosh is one of Warcraft's best orators; this is the logical thing for him to whip out.