resto trinket cutsticher or soothing vp trinket

fully upgraded cutstitcher or the vp trinket
    iv heard a lot of things saying not to go vp trinket

any info and help would be great
    thanks

Deleted
    The spreadsheet i follow (from ej originally i think) puts the two trinkets at:

Soothing = 1467 int, 1817.19 equivalent spi

Cutstitcher = 1152 int, 1017.54 equivalent spi

Thats not upgraded tho, but seems to me that Soothing would be much better than a fully upgraded Cutstitcher.

*edit - assuming used on CD
    Last edited by mmoc19bb1f4112; 2013-04-30 at 06:04 AM. Reason: addition

This issue with the VP trink is when fights fall into the certain time frames the trinket becomes less useful. Realistically you'll use it a minimum of 45s to a minute into a fight. So then use it again at 4 minutes. But if the fight finishes at 6:45 then it's effectiveness isn't as good as say a trinket that isn't as effective but procs on average every minute.

Raw numbers the VP trinket is good, but depending on fight lengths it can become less effective.

Deleted
    Gags raises a good point, i guess it reduces the value of the soothing trinket by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    This issue with the VP trink is when fights fall into the certain time frames the trinket becomes less useful. Realistically you'll use it a minimum of 45s to a minute into a fight. So then use it again at 4 minutes. But if the fight finishes at 6:45 then it's effectiveness isn't as good as say a trinket that isn't as effective but procs on average every minute.

Raw numbers the VP trinket is good, but depending on fight lengths it can become less effective.
    On the other hand, when fights fall into other time frames the trinket becomes more useful.
    Say the fight lasts 7:15 you can use it three times. So that's not really a disavantage.

And that's the same for all on use trinkets. If you can use it again just before the fight ends you gain some. If the fight ends just before you can use it again you lose some.
    The effective mp5 is just like a sawtooth wave. The amplitude and wavelength will be greater if the cd is longer.
    Last edited by insanedruid; 2013-04-30 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    On the other hand, when fights fall into other time frames the trinket becomes more useful.
    Say the fight lasts 7:15 you can use it three times. So that's not really a disavantage.

And that's the same for all on use trinkets. If you can use it again just before the fight ends you gain some. If the fight ends just before you can use it again you lose some.
    The effective mp5 is just like a sawtooth wave. The amplitude and wavelength will be greater if the cd is longer.
    So to keep it simple, the longer the fight, the better the trinket gets?

Quote Originally Posted by kalzhen View Post
    So to keep it simple, the longer the fight, the better the trinket gets?
    No. The effective mp5 goes up and down, depending on the length of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ranavar View Post
    Gags raises a good point, i guess it reduces the value of the soothing trinket by quite a bit.
    No, you got that wrong. The ~950 MP5 (or ~1900 Spirit equivalent) takes that into account already and is an average value. The trinket can be substantially better, e.g. 1200 MP5 (2400 Spirit) for a 6:40 fight, or it can be worse, e.g. 800 MP5 (1600 Spirit) for a 6:30 fight. I'll insert a diagram showing the mana gains of the trinket depending on the fight length.

Anyway, the trinket is always substantially better than the 496 one, no matter the fight length and upgrades.