10+ Year Old Account

Most embarrassing times when you dialed the wrong number?

Likely most of us have dialed a wrong number at some point in our lives; but have you ever had a really embarrassing miss-dial/s?

Not long ago when I was trying to inquire about driving at night time on my red P plates (Australian driving system: We start with L plates, then get Logbooks for 6 months, then we sit a Hazard Perception Test (computer test where you left click when you would react to stop/slowdown), then you get red P plates when you can drive by yourself but with some restrictions, then green P plates where there are less restrictions, I think I got all of that right), as red P's can't drive after midnight.

So I looked at the back of my drivers license form and saw 2 numbers. I dialed a number thinking it was for the Department of Transport. A man answered, and I asked this long question for about a minutes. And after I finish, the man says: "This is the Red Cross, you want the Department of Transport.".

So........... Apparently they have the Red Cross (blood donations) and the DoT numbers right next to each other.

-----------------------------------------

Have you ever had an embarrassing miss-dial? Please don't let me be the only one.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you just start talking? I always start with something like "hey is John McDoodle there?" or "hey is this the Equal Rights for Llamas foundation"

So no, never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Why did you just start talking? I always start with something like "hey is John McDoodle there?" or "hey is this the Equal Rights for Llamas foundation"

So no, never.
    I dunno. I would have expected them to announce who they are. That's what we do at work when someone calls the store.
    But it was my fault to just start talking.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Maybe not a miss dial but a miss text. I was seeing a good friend turn girlfriend for about 6 months. Anyway we had an argument about something and later on I was bitching to a friend about it via text and somehow as soon as I finished writing the text I for some unknown reason picked my girlfriends name and sent it straight to her. Think cos I was talking about her my brain just defaulted to sending it to her. Needless to say it just made the situation a whole lot worse.

This is a good one. My first job ever was at Wal-mart. I worked nights mostly so I was never busy except on weekend. So one day we were exceptionally busy and I needed to call my parents for some medicine because I had a major headache. Instead I decided to dial the speaker system and ask over the whole building if my mom was there. Needless to say I hung up the phone as quick as I could. I got a few good laughs from random people out of that one.

When I was a child, I used to sleep walk a lot, and one night I dreamt that my mom was nowhere to be found, or something like that.
    My big brother told me that I ran out of my room, asking where my mom was, ran to the phone and tried dial her number at work. Since I was still sleeping, I didn't manage to dial the right number, and I dialed several times until it rang and a woman picked up the phone.
    Apparently, I was panicking and kept saying "where's mommy?? do you know where she is??" and stuff like that, and because I was so loud, I woke myself up in the middle of the phone call, not quite sure what I was doing, so I just hung up.
    I was so ashamed after, and poor woman waking up from a phone call in the middle of a night, of a small girl questioning where her mommy was :E
    Talk about nightmare scenario.

Eh, I wouldn't really say it was _that_ embarassing, but I ended up absent-mindedly calling the wrong number twice in a row once.

"Um....no, it's me again dude...that same wrong number you dialed the last time."
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-05-27 at 01:57 PM.

I work in a call centre and I had to call a customer back as I needed to follow up on something they were asking me about and our hold music is this awful high pitched screaming guitar music which always hurts my ears when I get put on hold by internal departments so I don't make people listen to it for too long out of pity...

Anyway I asked a customer for their phone number to call them back when I got what I needed. Copy and pasted it into my phone and I had this old guy scream "HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and i'm thinking "oh oh wrong number" but I asked for my customer anyway and he's like "NO DARLING NOBODY HERE BY THAT NAME!" (I think he was deaf) It was most awkward. Funny thing was I checked the number with the contact number in our system and it was right, second time I called it back I got the right person so I think it might have just been a crossed line >_<;;

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    "I once tried to call the doctor to complain about my hemorroids... I ended up with the national radio and they put me live on air."

that's what I'd consider the most embarrassing way to misdial.

This didn't happen to me but my sister had group of girls that got together every now and would get really drunk. During one of their get-together they started to prank calling people. They misdialed and got my dad who was in bed at the time and when he said hello and realized it was him they just hung up on him. So, he's wondering if something happened at the party but figured that they were just drunk at either it was a prank or a misdial.

Then later they call me. The girl goes "Hi this is Shiela" and then right after says "Hi this is Shiela" again.

Deleted
    The police. I panicked, hung up and was afraid that they were going to come and get me afterwards.

Is that how it goes these days? When I was on my Ls I had to take a driving test for red Ps and the hazard perception for greens/full license.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Not so many from dialing wrong numbers, but MANY from answering to the wrong people.
    One time (About 10 years ago, and I still remember it perfectly) I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone, not a "clean" conversation either... She then says "I'll call you back in a minute". I wasn't really focused, and was a bit pissed at having to wait for a call-back, so as soon as the phone rang, I answered and said "So, we fucking tonight or what?", to which my mother, on the other side of the line, simply answered with "Not if your father has anything to say about it".

One of those interesting FML moments.

But yes, taking so many phone calls a day causes trouble. I'm still glad it was my mother, and not my boss at that time.