Page 1 of 2
LastLast

15" of snow for the first week of May?

I am completely baffled. After enjoying a weekend in shorts and patio excursions, I looked at my daily weather blog to see a horrendous proposition:

http://www.startribune.com/weather/b...n_Weather.html

Scroll down a few panels on the April 29th post. Dangerously close to the MSP area, there's a blob of 15 INCHES of snow in one of the models. The previous ALL TIME record snowfall for the area was 3 inches. This is just completely baffling.

Looks like another state gets the season of "Sprinter".
    Out where I'm at it's not unusual to go from sunny and shorts to blizzard-like and heavy coat conditions in a single day this time of year.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2013-04-30 at 06:20 AM.

Yup.. our whole week here was +20 awesome weather. The snow was finally melting.. today.. snow.. everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I live on the east coast instead of Ontario. ^.^
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Wow, somewhere thats crappier then Ohio...who knew. >.> But that really sucks, I wouldn't wish that much snow on anyone...
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, weather is calling for 2-4 inches...but their predictions are always horribly wrong. Especially in the "2-4" zone. It means we either are going to get nothing, or absolutely shat on.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Here it's 19 C IN 9:30 in the morning. Expected to reach 32 by noon...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trade you this 90° weather for snow.

Coldest April Month inn some 25 years inn Denmark now....

/yawn. As I joke around with, this is the payment you haft to deal with (besides high taxes!) living inn our great ass country.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Would be nice to know where you are. America is a big place I understand.

That said the UK has had a weird spring itself having only just seemingly shook off the on-off snowfall. I think that's actually sun outside my window; not sure; forgot what it looked like....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollet View Post
    I am completely baffled. After enjoying a weekend in shorts and patio excursions, I looked at my daily weather blog to see a horrendous proposition:

http://www.startribune.com/weather/b...n_Weather.html

Scroll down a few panels on the April 29th post. Dangerously close to the MSP area, there's a blob of 15 INCHES of snow in one of the models. The previous ALL TIME record snowfall for the area was 3 inches. This is just completely baffling.
    And here in Central EU we have 30C instead of average 20C...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Same thing in Portugal, we had 2 great weeks, reaching highs like 26ºc... people at the beach and shit, suddenly the temperature goes down 10ºc and we are back to cold and cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Trade you this 90° weather for snow.
    This.

I absolutely hate hot weather. Would rather have snowfall 24/7. Unfortunately, life has me plastered smack dab in the midwest where we get 4 months of absolute ridiculous heat.

There's nothing worse than laying in bed at night, sweating and sticking to your sheets, and feeling like a huge pile of ass because of the heat and humidity. I honestly dont understand people who want to live in hot climates.

I'll take cold any day. Sleeping peacefully buried under blankets. And soon, I plan on moving far north and away from the bullshit midwestern heat.

its been mostly winter here, 30s and 40s with rain/snow/sleet. been a few nice ones here and there, mostly just shit weather. Missorui here, where the weather usually keeps you guessing anyway, but we are usually in the 50s and 60s by the end of MARCH...not this BS 30s and 40s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Minnesota.

Now don't whine because it's still 10times better then what southerners get with freezing rain. I rather drive in snow than ice any day.

Didn't it snow in June two summers ago in Minneapolis. I remember this.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-04-30 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    This.

I absolutely hate hot weather. Would rather have snowfall 24/7. Unfortunately, life has me plastered smack dab in the midwest where we get 4 months of absolute ridiculous heat.

There's nothing worse than laying in bed at night, sweating and sticking to your sheets, and feeling like a huge pile of ass because of the heat and humidity. I honestly dont understand people who want to live in hot climates.

I'll take cold any day. Sleeping peacefully buried under blankets. And soon, I plan on moving far north and away from the bullshit midwestern heat.
    i would love to trade places. but i don't really have problems with sleeping in hot weather. and snow is oke. but the grey and rainy days the netherlands got ain't fun to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in Finland...

No snow, but I swear my thermometer has been stuck on 10+-1 degrees C for the last 2 weeks. It's getting boring. Give me summer and some heat already

Well I'm melting my balls off here in the Philippines so...

They totally misused the success kid meme....

Anyway, I don't know wth "was" going on with the weather... we had snow just a week ago, now it's 15+ degree C....

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    This.

Because waking up to go to work only to find 6 feet of snow piled at the end of your driveway from the snow plow sucks.