Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle on the High Seas, Legendary Sigil Drop Rate, Children's Week, Blue Tweets, DLC

1.0.8 is Not This Week, Diablo III Hotfixes: April, What if All Legendaries Were Good?, On Gear Customization and Stats

Patch 5.3 - Battle on the High Seas Scenario
    Battle on the High Seas is the shortest scenario added in Patch 5.3, taking less than 10 minutes to run.

Patch 5.3 - Sigil of Power and Wisdom Drop Rate
    It looks like it will be easier to collect those Sigil of Power and Sigil of Wisdom to catch up on the legendary quest line in Patch 5.3!

Children's Week 2013 Live
    Children's Week 2013 is live, but doesn't have any significant changes this year. Our friends over at Icy Veins have a nice guide! Be sure to use alts to collect all of the pets.

Glorious Conquest Vendors Removed Until 5.3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Glorious Conquest PvP quartermasters (Acon Deathwielder for the Horde and Ethan Natice for the Alliance) will be removed to refit the items that they sell before patch 5.3 arrives. Glorious Conquest PvP gear is being changed from item level 512 to item level 496, but this wasn’t a change that could be applied via a hotfix. In the meantime, we wanted to avoid a situation where players intending to purchase upgrades would buy these items, only to find that they had purchased cosmetic items when they are reduced to their new item levels with the arrival of patch 5.3.

You can read about the coming item changes in the PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog. See you on the battlefield!

BlizzCon Benefit Dinner Tickets On Sale Wednesday
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Before the BlizzCon festivities begin, we're inviting you to join Blizzard game developers, artists, executives, and other employees for an evening of good food and good conversation—all for a good cause. Approximately 200 tickets to a special pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children's Hospital of Orange County will be going on sale Wednesday, May 1 at 7 p.m. PDT. Keep your eye on the ticket sales page at that time for the chance to get yours.

For more information on the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner, visit the info page on the official BlizzCon website.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cross-Realm Zones and Pandaria
    While blue feedback is always appreciated, to me this came off as dodging the question. Can you say definitively you will not crz Pandaria (at least until next xpac) ?
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to change how things are working for outdoor areas in Pandaria at this time. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    UI / Addons
    better solution would be to add arena focus 1-5 and arena target 1-5 on the key binding options (cont..)
    We'd actually like to do that. (Source)

Many popular addons like Questhelper have become baseline over time. Why of all things do map coordinates still need an addon?
    Nothing in the game itself uses coordinates, does it? (Source)

Pet Battles
    Agree, but for example Minfernal is not fun to farm. Always 5-8 ppl camping out.
    The challenge of rare anything is players want them to be rare to everyone but them. If they aren't rare, they lose value. (Source)

do devs see idling folks in Felwood camping Minfernals as an issue? CRZ + long spawn times = many folks in small area.
    The idea behind rare spawns is they're hard to get. If there are fewer folks competing, we'd just decrease spawn rates to compensate. (Source)

World
    Hey GC. Is there a specific lore-reason why flying is disabled in Silvermoon City/Eversong Woods, or just an oversight?
    Making Silvermoon flyable would take longer than it took to make Stormwind flyable. Just wasn't built with that in mind. (Source)

Misc
    So at the end of cataclysm I remember reading a post mortem of things you learned. I'm curious what you've learned from mists?
    Hmm. I'd say two things off the top of my head. 1) We wanted to offer options but didn't offer *enough* options (e.g. GL). (Source)
    2) As many difficulty levels as we offered, it wasn't enough. (Source)
    I said 2, but also we didn't do a good job of providing direction at L90. Also wish we had added some dungeons in maybe 5.3. (Source)
    When I said "not enough direction at 90" I meant that you probably wanted to get better gear but weren't sure how or where or in what order. (Source)

It makes 0 sense to share data with people that don't have the knowledge to interpret it correctly.
    Ultimately, we don't want to be in the position of having to ask community permission every time we want to make a change. (Source)
    Which is how I think it would feel if we had to defend every data point to every challenger. (Source)

Pretty disappointed in any event, hope this doesn't turn out to be another "TRISPEC! ...nvm, just kidding"
    We have to be able to use our PTR builds to actually test stuff. Please don't use PTR as some kind of press release. (Source)
    what you use the public TEST realm for testing? What kind of ass backward development methodology is that?
    I don't fault players. Data mining and sometimes even our patch notes represent any change as a fact not an experiment. (Source)

do you think listening to players too much has changed the game in a negative way? I enjoyed TBC more despite the imbalances.
    Overall, I'd say no. But I agree there is a risk there. (Source)
    If you implement too many suggestions, you end up with everything meh instead of having some things feel really awesome. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #387
    DLC takes a look at why healer queues are so long!

Love the idea of an easier catch up for my alts on the legendary quest.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Love the idea of an easier catch up for my alts on the legendary quest.
    i still keep getting Widsom instead of Power, have been 3 away from getting 10 sigils of power that i need since i got the sigil part like 3 weeks after MoP and thats on my main. i have terribad luck lol.

but yeah would make it way easier for the alts, this patch is better for those who's trying to level up alts anyhow.

I keep getting the wrong sigils...I need power and don't ever get anything aside from Wisdom. I have like 12-13 wisdom and 4 power. Drops need to be "smarter" in a sense. It's starting to get annoying. I'd like to eventually finish this legendary thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic dl comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    I keep getting the wrong sigils...I need power and don't ever get anything aside from Wisdom. I have like 12-13 wisdom and 4 power. Drops need to be "smarter" in a sense. It's starting to get annoying. I'd like to eventually finish this legendary thing.
    It should have never been two different currencies to begin with. Just a single quest to collect 20 sigils. Hindsight 20/20 and such.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Epic dl comic.
    Yeah DL was awesome be nice if one could do what she did in game.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected more from the Battle on the High Seas Scenario

"The idea behind rare spawns is they're hard to get. If there are fewer folks competing, we'd just decrease spawn rates to compensate."

How exactly is clicking on something first to get the tag "hard"?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always one goddamn AFK DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    "The idea behind rare spawns is they're hard to get. If there are fewer folks competing, we'd just decrease spawn rates to compensate."

How exactly is clicking on something first to get the tag "hard"?
    Hard in terms of time invested in waiting. Not every "hard" = complicated fight.

So after reading the Tweet about the Minfernal I went out to Felwood to see what there was to see. Tamed a blue quality Minfernal just as soon as I got there. Doesn't seem like a hassle to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I expected more from the Battle on the High Seas Scenario
    What is interesting is that horde ships are forsaken ships

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wowhead suggested that MGV did drop Power at a higher rate. Ended up with 14 and 10...only ran ToES and MGV in the end. Ended up with everything I wished as well..Sha-touched weapon and Tier head plus 3 other tier pieces. Trinket and cloak. 8 Sha kills, 6 WoE, 4 Spiritbinder, 2 Garalon, 2 Empress.

I suppose that is pretty much "how it was intended" - but ofc sometimes people are unlucky.
    7 sigils of power, 19 sigils of wisdom on my alt... and those 7 are sitting there for like... 3 weeks now... working as intended... xD

Dark Legacy Comics - The best thing about wow.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always, Dark Legacy delivers another epic comic!

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    7 sigils of power, 19 sigils of wisdom on my alt... and those 7 are sitting there for like... 3 weeks now... working as intended... xD
    And then, when you get all the sigils, you get the "A change of command" quest and no one really interested in doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    And then, when you get all the sigils, you get the "A change of command" quest and no one really interested in doing it.
    Yeah, that one sucked to be behind on. Took me 2 hours of spamming trade and OpenRaid to get 5 people to do it.

Reminded me why I like LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Epic dl comic.
    It's funny because it's very true -__-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    So after reading the Tweet about the Minfernal I went out to Felwood to see what there was to see. Tamed a blue quality Minfernal just as soon as I got there. Doesn't seem like a hassle to me at all.
    So after reading about the lottery i went out and bought one ticket. Won 6 million the next day. Don't seems so hard to get rich at all.