10+ Year Old Account

Go to spec - fresh 90

Hey guys, I'm a few bars off 90, I'm not sure if there any other threads like this around but figured I'd post it up anyways, I was curious whats the most viable pve spec nowadays for a fresh 90? I've heard frost to start, then fire once you start getting 520 +?? thoughts?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Mostly what you said
    Frost is the least gear dependent from what i've heard.
    Once you start getting more and more gear and stacking more crit Fire will become more viable.
    So as you said First Frost and once you get a certain crit % you may go fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a rough idea of when the gap becomes obvious to switch? like I said, I'm not sure if you agreed with that also, that you would change at 520 + ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    I'm a few bars off 90
    then fire once you start getting 520 +??
    Are you in a raiding guild? 520 is nearly impossible to get unless you're in a progression guild that's farming normal, or doing heroics.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are you in a raiding guild? 520 is nearly impossible to get unless you're in a progression guild that's farming normal, or doing heroics.
    I am yeah, so it's extremely possible unless they decide they don't want another mage then I'm going back to warlock.

Fire is doable with 505+ ilvl. It really shine in 520+ <with trinkets>. But tbh till 510-515 fire and frost will perform on similar level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    Fire is doable with 505+ ilvl. It really shine in 520+ <with trinkets>. But tbh till 510-515 fire and frost will perform on similar level.
    Thank you, thanks to all of you who replied, I'll go frost thanks again.

Deleted
    Also something to not forget, it's not your ilvl that decides when to try to switch fire it's dependent on how much crit you can acquire on your gear.
    I'd say fire is rather boring below 9-10k critrating due to massive RNG and long boring streaks so ilvl 510 with crit heavy gear works better than 520 haste/mastery heavy gear as these stats just don't give you the "fun" of the spec.

Deleted
    Frost, undoubtedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    I am yeah, so it's extremely possible unless they decide they don't want another mage then I'm going back to warlock.
    Why on earth would you want to reroll a Mage when you play a Warlock?