DW or Stick with 2h

My main question is if I was to get a hold of a pair of 522 or better (killing heroic) 1h before I was able to get ahold of a 522+ 2h would it be better to go with DW frost over 2h frost (with a UH offspec due to lack of feather) or would it be better to stay with 2h?

I am currently playing as UH even though I do not have feather or a 522 2h wep due to awesome RNG however I am still able to keep up with our mages/spriest whom have their meta gems, however my main question is would it be better to switch to DW gems and reforges if I was to get 2 one hand weapons or should I just stick it out and wait for the hopeful chance that I get a 2h.

Also if I was to go ahead and switch to DW gem and reforge would it hurt my UH dps if I was to switch to UH for bosses such as Horridon and Council which involve more sustained AOE?

Thanks for anyone who can answer the question.

PS: my main question is would you go DW if you were able to get two 1handers (522+) before you were able to get a 522+ 2hander weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was exclusively playing Unholy I would take a 2h Frost spec along with Unholy (for convenience, similar reforging), but I feel overall that 2h Frost doesn't have many strengths when compared to DW Frost/Unholy except on-demand burst. So I'd rather get an offset of gear so I could play Unholy/DW by swapping gear.

A bit unrealistic, but it's how I would prefer to do things.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

In my guild I have the luck of being the only DPS plate glass however I have the awesome luck of not being able to get 2handers to drop at all, along with the fact that 2 of the 3 weapons that a DK would want to use drop from Shared boss loot (TY BLIZZ) so would it be best to just go to DW mainspec and just deal with less crit when switching to UH and say w/e until I get a good 2h and feather to go true festerblight?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:04 AM ----------

So it would be best to just go to DW for mainspec and switch to UH when the fight best fits it and just deal with less crit? I do have the luck to be the only plate DPS in my 10man guild however I cant get any 2h wep to drop seeing as 2/3 of the BiS dk weps are Shared Boss Loot (TY BLIZZ) and I cant get feather to drop, so I am mainly wondering if it would be best to gem and reforge for DW and just say w/e and deal with less crit as UH during boss fights that UH does better then DW and tough it out until I can get a good 2h and feather to drop before going to true festerblight?

Using a 502 LFR weapon off council that I got first week of LFR being open but have gotten a 1 1hander during normal raids.
    Last edited by Clearlyumadbro; 2013-04-30 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Forgot question mark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearlyumadbro View Post
    In my guild I have the luck of being the only DPS plate glass however I have the awesome luck of not being able to get 2handers to drop at all, along with the fact that 2 of the 3 weapons that a DK would want to use drop from Shared boss loot (TY BLIZZ) so would it be best to just go to DW mainspec and just deal with less crit when switching to UH and say w/e until I get a good 2h and feather to go true festerblight?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:04 AM ----------

So it would be best to just go to DW for mainspec and switch to UH when the fight best fits it and just deal with less crit? I do have the luck to be the only plate DPS in my 10man guild however I cant get any 2h wep to drop seeing as 2/3 of the BiS dk weps are Shared Boss Loot (TY BLIZZ) and I cant get feather to drop, so I am mainly wondering if it would be best to gem and reforge for DW and just say w/e and deal with less crit as UH during boss fights that UH does better then DW and tough it out until I can get a good 2h and feather to drop before going to true festerblight?

Using a 502 LFR weapon off council that I got first week of LFR being open but have gotten a 1 1hander during normal raids.
    Going by the information you've given me I'd say just go DW Frost full time until you can get your hands on an equal wep and feather, really the specs are so close that it doesn't matter what you play, it will be better to play your chosen MS spec instead of a badly optimized offspec. The only difference is a slight single target DPS loss IF you had feather because both DW Frost and Unholy are extremely powerful in AoE situations.

EDIT: It would be easier to determine if we could see your armory, to tell you which spec would perform better though.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearlyumadbro View Post
    After seeing our first 2h of the tier drop last night, for me it would be completely down to luck with weapon drops. Our SMF warrior has 2 heroic weapons already but me and our retadin are stuck with 504 shin'ka's. If you have the luxury of both then DW/unh is probably a good way to go if you can also get the separate gear required to go with.

Deleted
    I hate DW frost playstyle so i stayed with 2h even tho i had the option to use heroic 1h axes, DW frost prioritizes different secondary stats aswell so its really weird having that together with another dps specc, i'd stay with 2h and wait for that weapon.

http( )//us(.)battle(.)net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Clearlyumad/simple

Yes I am aware of the amount of reforges and gems I would need to change if I switched over to DW.