Thread: Head scars

Head scars

What do you think of them?

I was bitten by a German Shepherd when I was 5 or 6 and so was left with a scar on the side of my head. I usually keep my hair cut short but just long enough to hide the scar. It's not too terribly big I don't think, maybe 1 inch long and a half inch wide, maybe a little bigger. I've gotten to the point where I don't want to mess with my hair anymore, I'd really like to just have it buzzed but then I've got to deal with the "hey man, nice scar... what happened?" everywhere I go.

Should I just keep doing what I've always done or just say fuck it and cut my hair super short?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just cut it.

That is what I did with the lightning bolt shaped scar on my forehead :-/
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

chicks dig scars.

Deleted
    I never make a big deal out of anyone having a facial scar. If you ask me, you should just do with what you are most comfortable with.

Deleted
    Cut your hair how you feel suits you best. Then if anyone asks about the scar, tell them of the time you fought 10 dogs and a psychopat with a chainsaw in the woods at night. And you not only got him on the hands of the law, but managed to put down the rabid dogs, and all they managed to do to you was that scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    What do you think of them?

Should I just keep doing what I've always done or just say fuck it and cut my hair super short?

Coming from someone with a wicked head scar (4" long behind my left ear) just cut your hair and roll with it. Sure you'll have people ask you about it, but most are satisfied with a quick answer. Mine's short on the sides which shows off the scar, and while a few have asked me, nobody gets overly nosey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Just do your best Joker impersonation whenever someone asks you about it. Of course, you'll have to come up with a different elaborate and depressing story every time...so that might be a lot of work.

But anyway, if it makes you self-conscious, it might be best to have it out in the open. You know, to get desensitized so it's not a big deal to you anymore.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-04-30 at 11:37 AM.

Haha, thanks folks ^__^ I spose I will just have it buzzed, oh the freedom!

Deleted
    I was bitten by a Rottweiler at the age of 4, it was an accident. We had two Rottweilers (friendly as hell) and I wanted to stop a fight between them, I got between and got bit right above my eyes so my skin was hanging over both my eyes, I have no memory of this but I've seen pictures right after the incident, damn lol. But to the point, I have rather big scars over both of my eyes but I don't care about the scars at all. I also get alot of questions regarding my scars tho they are not that visible anymore, you have to sit close to me to see them but then it's also little tricky, I just smile and tell them I got bit by a Rottweiler and they just laugh and think I'm joking haha.

Don't care what other thinks go with what you're comfortable with, I have always done that, but I've never been ashamed over my scars, so maybe it's easy for me to say it. No one has ever told me that it looks fucked up, actually the opposite that it's "cool/sexy"

Quote Originally Posted by Nollan View Post
    I was bitten by a Rottweiler at the age of 4, it was an accident. We had two Rottweilers (friendly as hell) and I wanted to stop a fight between them, I got between and got bit right above my eyes so my skin was hanging over both my eyes, I have no memory of this but I've seen pictures right after the incident, damn lol. But to the point, I have rather big scars over both of my eyes but I don't care about the scars at all. I also get alot of questions regarding my scars tho they are not that visible anymore, you have to sit close to me to see them but then it's also little tricky, I just smile and tell them I got bit by a Rottweiler and they just laugh and think I'm joking haha.

Don't care what other thinks go with what you're comfortable with, I have always done that, but I've never been ashamed over my scars, so maybe it's easy for me to say it. No one has ever told me that it looks fucked up, actually the opposite that it's "cool/sexy"
    Yeah, my mom's boyfriend at the time had taken in this German Shepherd because it was too aggressive around their kids (what a genius!) so I end up getting bitten of course, I was also bitten just above the eye but the scar's hardly visible anymore. The scar itself doesn't bother me but I remember being asked constantly about it when I was in middle school and it drove me crazy so I'd always been sure to keep it out of people's view ever since =3

My dad had Rottweilers while I as growing up too, they're really great dogs Never really looked at Shepherds the same though, although I know that's totally irrational haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a scar on the back of my head, though my hair hides it. I honestly forgot about it until reading this thread. I don't grow hair to hide it intentionally. I just don't like the way I look with it shaved really short. I have a couple facial scars as well, but those are smaller (lip from my tooth going through it and nose from a dog bite).

Honestly, cut it if you want to! Just reply with some crazy story if people ask what happened

I got bitten by a German shep when I was 12 but it went for my leg. I had quite an ugly scar from it too but I ended up covering it with a tattoo (that seems to be my way of hidig scars, since I have one on my arm that I got tattooed over too, haha) - but I don't think you should tattoo your face.. If it bothers you you could always try and cover it with a little makeup.. You're probably a guy but I do know a few guys that cover up freckles and scars with some makeup, and you actually can't see that they have any on.

i got 4-5 facial scars and one big scar on the back of my head from a accident in kindergarten then i was like 3 xD i usually refrain from getting my hair buzzed as i think it looks stupid with a 3 inch long and 1 inch broad spot where absolutely no hair grows, but if it doesn't bother you just buzz it, and make up a few interesting stories when people ask what happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damz View Post
    chicks dig scars.
    Mind you most of them are Krogan

Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Just cut it.

That is what I did with the lightning bolt shaped scar on my forehead :-/
    Hmmmmmmmm.........

Scars mean that you live dangerously! You didn't get it from a dog when you were 5. You got it from a tiger when you were 20!

Deleted
    I have a 3 inch scar on the back of my head from a fight, I am forced to keep my hair short due to my job so I am always conscious of that scar. I have learned that most people are interested rather than repulsed by it, it can be a conversation starter.