Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yes, what Triginhil says. that zone part is 100% Stratholme.
    That is completely stupid, that zone is a really vast area. The following image (extracted from the game files) is real scale and in it can be seen that the city of Stratholme only would occupy at most the area marked:

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Pretty sure Greenwood is the former name of the Ghostlands. The scar cuts straight through Ghostlands to Silvermoon.
    The scar should not be confused nor with the Thalassian pass (artificial entrance that connects the Plaguelands to Ghostlands) nor with the passage of Greenwood (the natural entrance to Quel'Thalas from Lordaeron).

Such passage was the one that Arthas used to get to Quel'Thalas, indicating that there was an area called Greenwood, and that area should be the area referred to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is supposed to be a zone where some high elves still live. If Blizzard adds high elves next expansion then for sure their starting area will be there.
    Exactly, in fact, that's the only thing certain that is known of that area: that is the last bastion of the High Elves of the Alliance, Greenwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Nice fanfiction, but I just don't get why you call it "greenwood". All evidence points that "Greenwood" was the name of the pass now named "Thalassian Pass", at best Greenwood was the name of the area surrounding it. Warcraft III maps show it east of Stratholme, So naming the whole "Northern Lordaeron" area "Greenwood" doesn't make sense.
    Dear Amonra, you precisely know the secrets behind the region of Quel'Thalas and the areas that do not appear in WoW, as the Amani peninsula you did to the east, and you know better than anyone that many things do not match (although only Blizzard knows what will happen with those areas).

Assuming that the passage of Greenwood is only one road (possibly the boundary between two territories) and that it makes reference to a territory called Greenwood which his whereabouts are unknown, look this picture, where you can see that the Ghostlands are among the Greenwood pass to the west and the Greenrush river to the east, the area located to the west of the aforementioned passage is our area, ie Northern Lordaeron, which we may call Greenwood (Forestaverde en español), since its location coincides with the passage of Greenwood. At my view of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Dear Amonra, you precisely know the secrets behind the region of Quel'Thalas and the areas that do not appear in WoW, as the Amani peninsula you did to the east, and you know better than anyone that many things do not match (although only Blizzard knows what will happen with those areas).

Assuming that the passage of Greenwood is only one road (possibly the boundary between two territories) and that it makes reference to a territory called Greenwood which his whereabouts are unknown, look this picture, where you can see that the Ghostlands are among the Greenwood pass to the west and the Greenrush river to the east, the area located to the west of the aforementioned passage is our area, ie Northern Lordaeron, which we may call Greenwood (Forestaverde en español), since its location coincides with the passage of Greenwood. At my view of course.
    But it is the Stratholme placing what makes the Greenwood idea kinda complicated. The city empties into the sea as in lore it has a Harbor, so it effectively cuts out "Greenwood" to the west. It is also possible that Greenwood does not make reference to the Southern Quel'Thalas forest and instead it references the Northern forests of the now Eastern Plaguelands (EPL). Greenwood Pass was the only entrance to Quel'thalas, and now it's the Thalassian pass. The warcraft III maps don't show much of the now EPL south of the Quel'thalas, just a river (Greenrush) emptiying out of lake Abassi. Given that positioning, it's more likely to me that Greenrush river as dried out and no longer empties in darrowmere, leaving only small lakes and water deposits along the EPL as it's remains.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Yes, it is "Quel'thalas" old it is zone before first world war... Better it is if u read lore but i say it is one lost places of Hig elfs what source destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I'm talking about an empty zone which is called as a placeholder "Quel'Thalas".
    As i just TWICE said i'm not talking about quel thalas lore wise.

I'm talking about THIS : http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...nWorldMap.jpeg

And when you access it (exploit bug) in the game, the location (above your minimap) is called "Quel'Thalas".
    You're not listening to what others are saying. It's been said twice now that Quel'Thalas is technically Eversong Forests and Ghostlands., The zone you are talking about that is named Quel'Thalas is in fact, not Quel'Thalas, so there's no reason why Blizzard would go back and make another Quel'Thalas. If you're just talking about accessing that bit of land, probably not. It's not likely Blizzard will be adding anything to Azeroth again.

Quel'Thalas is the name of the region where Blood Elves live. Ingame we know it's subzones called Sunstrider Isle, Eversong Forest, Ghostlands and capital Silvermoon.

This map is a better example:

It is very interesting that Darrowmere Lake is south of the plaguelands and borders Zul'Aman. In WoW the Lake doesn't border Zul'Aman. Hell it doesn't even comes close to Zul'Aman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Quel'Thalas is the name of the region where Blood Elves live. Ingame we know it's subzones called Sunstrider Isle, Eversong Forest, Ghostlands and capital Silvermoon.

It is very interesting that Darrowmere Lake is south of the plaguelands and borders Zul'Aman. In WoW the Lake doesn't border Zul'Aman. Hell it doesn't even comes close to Zul'Aman.
    Then it's likely not that accurate.

I still honestly don't really understand the panda story arc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    He means the Quel'thalas "zone" that is still in the game, but inaccessible. It's left of Stratholme and walled off by an invisible barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Which is supposedly Northeron. Which is also curios, since that's where the wildhammer dwarves supposedly lived/lives, which we now know is in twilight highlands.
    Northeron is the Twilight Highlands, if I remember correctly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

how the region looks in wow isn't accurate representation of it lorewise

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like lil farm east of the Than'dol span or the lone house on the west coast between IF and SW. It's just a silly place some world artist had some fun...don't read too much into it. It's simply unused terrain, like the MASSIVE gap between Stormwind and Dun Morgh, that they just filled with a giant crater and some mountains. It's just a relic from the non flyable old Azeroth, there used to be tons of areas like that, just take a look at older minimap images, bit like the one linked above. For some reason they didn't fill this one out like the other "bald spots" in the world.

If you want missing zones back into the game the Kul'tiras Isle is still like...just not there :l
    Last edited by Iso; 2013-04-30 at 09:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you look at the lordaeron map in WC3 you see stratholme moved to the other side of darrowmere lake

Basically Eversong+Ghostlands+Silvermoon is Quel'thalas, I don't think think there's that much to see there compared to what we've already seen.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbertland View Post
    you're not listening to what others are saying. It's been said twice now that quel'thalas is technically eversong forests and ghostlands., the zone you are talking about that is named quel'thalas is in fact, not quel'thalas, so there's no reason why blizzard would go back and make another quel'thalas. If you're just talking about accessing that bit of land, probably not. It's not likely blizzard will be adding anything to azeroth again.
    That's exactly what i'm saying ffs.
    You're not listening what i'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Basically Eversong+Ghostlands+Silvermoon is Quel'thalas, I don't think think there's that much to see there compared to what we've already seen.
    One thing is what we can see in the game and another very different thing is how things are in reality or how are supposed to be.

For example, as already has been mentioned in this thread, Quel’Thalas in theory would be something like this, where we can distinguish more than only two territories, such as: Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, an oversized Isle of Quel'Danas and the Amani Peninsula but also a fourth area to the west, that would be the area to which this thread is referred to: Greenwood (as I call it).
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-05-01 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    if you look at the lordaeron map in WC3 you see stratholme moved to the other side of darrowmere lake
    It looks like Brill also packed up their stuff and moved west as well lol

as you can see in that pre cata map http://codeflavor.com/bbs/Azerothmap.htm alot of "grey areas" where in game , most of them where removed or redesigned to fit new zones like uldum or twilight highland, other where simply retextured to allow flight mounts and filled with stuff.

That part north of epl wasn't redesigned because:

1) there wasn't any need for a new zone up there
    2) you cannot flight in ghostland directly without taking the portal so no one is supposed to se that untextured zone
    3) being part of the old world server and not of the tbc server it cannot be attashed to "quel'thalas" without another portal

I think that they make a mistake with the EK new map and left that part in it
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I believe what was/is the literal 'Quel'Thalas' zone in-game (accessible by players up until Cata) technically now exists in impossible space. It is positioned in an area where the Ghostlands or Eversong Woods would be if the zones of TBC's Quel'Thalas were positioned on the same server as the Vanilla Eastern Kingdoms.

The zone probably just acted as a post-it note for the developers, reading, "IOU 1 High Elf kingdom!", putting an in-game 'pin' in where they would add Quel'Thalas in later releases.

I think the most plausible 'high elf starter zone' I've seen proposed was either a phased Crystalsong Forest with fledgling Alliance-aligned high elves venturing out from the still orbital Dalaran or a phased Dalaran city now grounded back in its original location in Hillsbrad.

I really don't see high elves happening at this point. With the Sunwell restored, blood elves aren't the uber-grey pragmatists they used to be and, by and large, the leadership representing Quel'Thalas at this point in WoW's history are right up there with being some of the most lawfully good faction leaders in the game. If you want to play a nice Thalassian, roll any blood elf class except a Warlock or Rogue. If Thalassians with blue eyes is your thing, roll a DK. There's no point adding a race that does not fill a niche or open up new plot paths that are not already accessible.

Personally, I'd prefer no new races now myself and priority placed on making the current older races look like characters you might see designed after 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Hey, i think that you all know that there is an unaccessible zone called Quel'Thalas between the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands, do you think that they will ever use it on a future expansion ?

Or will it remain an unaccessible zone closed by invisible walls ?

To be simplier, what do you think they could do there ?

I personally think about a future starting zone, High-Elfs maybe ? But i doubt about it since none remains in Quel'Thalas, or maybe they'll try to get back to it ...
    I would gladly BAN forever from whole WOW anyone, who makes such stupid suggestions

what the hell are you doing in game, if you have no fucking idea what is quel'thalas?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-02 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I believe what was/is the literal 'Quel'Thalas' zone in-game (accessible by players up until Cata) technically now exists in impossible space. It is positioned in an area where the Ghostlands or Eversong Woods would be if the zones of TBC's Quel'Thalas were positioned on the same server as the Vanilla Eastern Kingdoms.

The zone probably just acted as a post-it note for the developers, reading, "IOU 1 High Elf kingdom!", putting an in-game 'pin' in where they would add Quel'Thalas in later releases.

I think the most plausible 'high elf starter zone' I've seen proposed was either a phased Crystalsong Forest with fledgling Alliance-aligned high elves venturing out from the still orbital Dalaran or a phased Dalaran city now grounded back in its original location in Hillsbrad.

I really don't see high elves happening at this point. With the Sunwell restored, blood elves aren't the uber-grey pragmatists they used to be and, by and large, the leadership representing Quel'Thalas at this point in WoW's history are right up there with being some of the most lawfully good faction leaders in the game. If you want to play a nice Thalassian, roll any blood elf class except a Warlock or Rogue. If Thalassians with blue eyes is your thing, roll a DK. There's no point adding a race that does not fill a niche or open up new plot paths that are not already accessible.

Personally, I'd prefer no new races now myself and priority placed on making the current older races look like characters you might see designed after 2002...
    actually if you use eagle eye to look inside it you can see that there is a road that end to the left of the portal, probably at that time they left open this zone in the case of implementing ghostland right into the main world server, but they chose to put it in a complete different server (to prevent peoples to enter it without bc xpack) in fact the terrain texture behind stratolme are those of the ghostland and there are even some scourge structures where probably they plan to build deathholme.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.