Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Müdür View Post
    I'd suggest you to use some addons to help you notice your cooldowns/procs. I play moonkin as a alt, and I too have problems with tracking starsurge. So I made Weak Auras visual to see whenever its off cd. Also made additional visuals for celesial alignment and other burst cds.

And yes your keybinds seems very odd and difficult to reach. I never use F buttons. I always keybind Q E R T F G Z X C, and I replace original usages of the keybinds with shift combinations. (i.e shift+c for char screen, shift+r for reply etc)
    Actually I'm using 3 add ons:

Eclipsebarplus (i hate BPT because eats CPU and memory) to move the eclipse bar and make it bigger
    DoomCoolDownPulse to pop a big icon in the center of the screen when a CD is over and a spell available (mainly uses to check Starsurge cd and the others...)
    TellMeWhen to keep track of DoTs and CDs (also). I've moved it under my toon, so I can see it always... Note that I've a 27 inch monitor and I need to have all tracking icons near the center...

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 10:45 AM ----------

A question about talents...
    I've read in some forums/blog that now Treants (SotF) are a good replacement for Incarnation (less CD, more useable). Is it worth a try?
    Faerie Swarm: a good alternative to Typhoon which is more useful during leveling. Is it correct?
    Last edited by Thelothian; 2013-05-01 at 08:46 AM.

Treants looks good on Simcraft for single target, but in practice they aren't amazing. I like to go with SotF when there's 3+ target most of the time since I'm starting to have >30% and it makes my rotation skip the hardcasts. Not sure if it's optimal tho, it's just how I play.
    Faerie fire vs Typhoon = depends on the fight/your style.

Seems that 5.3 will boost Treants... We'll see.

what do you mean by 'dots and energy switch'?

are you saying you redot upon entering a new eclipse every time?

you should only refresh dots when the old ones fall off, AND you're in eclipse, AND you have NG.
    so it will turn out something like: you just entered solar, both dots have around 3-4secs left, so you start casting wrath until they fall off, THEN refresh, and go back to wrath and work your way to lunar.

edit: incarnation is still best. in 5.3 treants might be better single target. sotf is still meh afaik
    Last edited by asharia; 2013-05-02 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    what do you mean by 'dots and energy switch'?

are you saying you redot upon entering a new eclipse every time?

you should only refresh dots when the old ones fall off, AND you're in eclipse, AND you have NG.
    so it will turn out something like: you just entered solar, both dots have around 3-4secs left, so you start casting wrath until they fall off, THEN refresh, and go back to wrath and work your way to lunar.

edit: incarnation is still best. in 5.3 treants might be better single target. sotf is still meh afaik
    Tried SoTF on dummies... very, very weak. I'm switched back to Incarnation. We'll see 5.3's treants...
    Two questions about rotation:

1) if you are forced to move all the time, how you act? Which spell cast?

2) if both dots falls off immediately after the eclipse bar runs under 0 energy (because you've interrupted your rotation because you run away from danger or you are forced to move) you DON'T reapply the dots until next eclipse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelothian View Post
    Tried SoTF on dummies... very, very weak. I'm switched back to Incarnation. We'll see 5.3's treants...

2) if both dots falls off immediately after the eclipse bar runs under 0 energy (because you've interrupted your rotation because you run away from danger or you are forced to move) you DON'T reapply the dots until next eclipse, right?
    SoTF is indeed weak, might be decent if you have a lot of multi-targets and you reforge into mastery (saw some discussion on this on EJ)... I haven't found a place for it though. Treants is simmimg better then INC for me on single-tar fights (except first boss in ToT cuz of puddle). Tip: when you try them on dummies make sure ur far from non-raid dummies. For instance, in SW I stay close to the hunter's pet stable and dps the boss from there. When i place the treants i put them right on my side and usually do it at the start of a eclipse for the NG buff, also, I time to pop em right before applying dots cuz i noticed if I'm just pulling (i.e. no damage on boss yet) and i pop treants, they will only "wake" up once my wrath or w/e lands on boss. If i dot the boss right away after i put them down, the treants would start wrathing the boss right away. PS: being on the stables also help to get starfall from hitting multiple targets thus giving you more reliable numbers than if you were standing on the middle of the dummies (thus starfall hitting everything)... Also, looks like if you pop the treants too close to lvl 90 dummies (non raid boss) they will waste some time tossing entangling roots on dummies...

To answer you:

1) quick&dirty answer: while moving spam the living hell out of ur eclipsed dot while keeping the non-eclipsed up; use SS procs to keep moving betwen eclipses. I recommend displacer beast for a lot of bosses where you need to get from 1 place to another real quick.

2) quick&diryt answer: if ur able to get to eclipse in the next few sec then just wait to redot. If you got bunch of procs up and NG is still up, prob could redot it. If you can't get to next eclipse quick enough then for all means keep the damn dots up
    Last edited by land; 2013-05-02 at 06:05 PM.

1. generally just spam your eclipsed dot, and use SS procs. ideally, try to keep repositioning yourself when you have instants (SS proc, dots, starfall) ahead of time, to minimise movement later on. there's no simple answer to this question though :P

2. refresh them before you leave eclipse. play around and get an idea of how much time remaining on your dots, as you leave eclipse, is too little.

I know my binds are terrible... I'll try to semplify it but in the meantime can you (you all) post your binds? I'll use it as an example/reference to try another setup.
    Well, keybinds..i will write down mine anly because i constatly fighting with them. I dont like modifiers, so i did a big remake for 5.2..stil something on ToDo list

First of all - movement - ESDF

F-keys:
    F1-starfall
    F2-CA&Berserking macro
    F3-NS&Healing touch macro
    F4-Typhoon
    F5-rejuv
    F6-healing touch
    F7-Tranq
    F8-battle ress

numeric keys:
    1-cat-moonkin castsequence macro
    2-wrath
    3-moonfire
    4-starfire
    5-sunfire (put it here instead of insect swarm, can be somehow confusing )
    6-starsurge
    7-astral communition

others:
    Q-Stam. roar (speed bosst with glyph)
    W-Barkskin
    A-Dispell
    R-Solar Beam
    T-Roots
    G-Innervate

Mouse (mostly targeting things):
    wheel up-place mushrooms
    wheel down-detonate mushrooms
    whell middle (push wheel)-Wild charge (aka hunter detterence or w/e its called)-found it more usefull then displacer beast
    mouse button (MB) 1-Hurricane/Astral storm
    MB2-ursol vortex
    MB3-symbiosis
    MB4-incarnation&NV macro or Treants (hello 5.3)

ToDo list: occasional abilities (soothe, hibernate, HoTW, Mighty bear CD (dont using it too often :/ ), pots etc.)

WTB more fingers
    I hope that it will help you somehow. The biggest thing for me was a change from WASD to ESDF, but it was a good choice (well, after 2 weeks of pushing barkskin instead of "move forward", heh)..

Ave