SHadow Priest trinket now crit or mastery

(i cant link any armory) armory US Zul Jin : Flexõflexx

i need to know if i need to go full mastey ou crit thx guys

Pretty simple concept. LMG/unerring go mastery. If not crit.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I held off on switching to mastery until unerring. I still haven't seen sims support switching to mastery just with the LMG..

You have unerring, so yes haste > mastery > crit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I held off on switching to mastery until unerring. I still haven't seen sims support switching to mastery just with the LMG..

You have unerring, so yes haste > mastery > crit for you.
    LMG makes mf/mfi do almost 40% of your dmg. It also lowers how much your crits do making mastery superior.

so just to be clear about things, if you have the LMG you switch to haste>mastery>crit? or do you need the Lei shen trinket and LMG to start switching to haste>mastery>crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Pretty simple concept. LMG/unerring go mastery. If not crit.
    This is true

I was wondering if someone did the math on how much of a potential gain would unerring be for a spriest ? Buddy of mine did a very basic analysis and I would like some input from other theorycrafters:

One of the highest uptimes I've found on lei shen trinket on a high log was this guy at 12% uptime. Most logs were closer to ~6%. But this should give a max estimate.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...56&e=12072
    (I like IQon because it is fairly straightforward from a dps standpoint, though free multidoting)

Looking at his average crit chance from abilities that are used on CD (no DoT component), he had about 30% crit chance on average.
    Looking at his SW:P crit chance and VT dot crit chance he had 48% crit chance on his SW:P and VT. So ~37.5% of his apparations and 18% of his dot crits were due to gaming the proc.
    25.22% of his overall damage was SW:P / VT. If he lost 18% crit chance on those dots he'd lose...
    (1*0.7+2*0.3)/(1*0.52+2*0.48)=
    1.30/1.48*0.2522=22.15% dmg... or a 3.03% dps loss

6.8% of his damage was Apparations. 37.5% of them are from Proc. or a 2.55% dps loss.
    So overall, the proc is about a 5.6% dps difference. If you simply refresh your dots with the trinket proc.

Hypothetical gaming the proc on apparition que...
    He had a 36% crit chance on apparitions. Let's say you gamed the proc were able to get an overall 70% crit chance on apparitions.
    1.7/1.36*(6.8%)=8.5%... or a 1.7% dps increase.

So in a standard situation the Unerring proc "snapshotting" looks to be worth about 5.6% dps. Using the appartition que should net an additional 1.7% dps. Assuming the trinket has a 12% uptime. At 12% uptime overall, assuming 25% base crit chance, he actually got about 9% crit on average from the trinket which is another 7.2% dps gain.

So at very high uptime (12%) the trinket proc is worth about 12.8% dps in a standard situation. At more typical uptimes (8%) it would drop to about 8.5% dps. If you can game the apparitions that naturally spawn an cause ~half the non-crits to crit you get another 1.7% dps.

His math seems a bit off.. Has someone else done a similar analysis to accurately signify the dps boost from the trinket percentage wise ?.. Assuming 530 ilvl trinket for proc rate and 25% crit and 35% haste.. Or can simcraft now accurately model trinket gaming ?

You won't be able to get an accurate number. The difference between a proc with no orbs(only using for vt/swp) and 3 orbs(3orb DP/insanity ticks) is huge. If you can get a proc timed right and 3orb with insanity ticks it's going to be a huge dps gain. It's just really hard to math out a ppm trinket like this.

Well obv a 3 orb DP would be massive.. but optimally what would the priority be for the proc ? If lets say you have 3 orbs.. DP first and then VT and SW:P ? How do insanity procs tie in ? Isnt it just a static 33% per orb increase ? How would the trinket proc affect insanity ? And that priority would be for single target.. but what about multi target ? Would a straight SW:P tab target spam be the best option, even if you have 3 orbs ? Or is a 3 orb DP always better ?

Sorry for the multitude of questions.. trying to learn more about shadow
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-06-01 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't have the trinket but I'd imagine that the follow the priority of DP>SW:P>VT>starting MF:I would be the best. Since SW:P is instant you could obviously start VT before it to ensure that you fit both into the window (if it's a single target). If you have multiple targets DP>SW:P tab.

What I do when my trinket procs with no orbs;
    VT SW:P Immediately

What I do when my trinket procs with 3 orbs (regardless of VT SW:P time remaining)
    DP MFI my ass off.

Simple really.

When the LMG Procs - make sure everything gets refreshed in that 10 second window.

hmm so a MFI would out damage full duration VT and SW:P ? That just seems odd to me.. Is there math done on this somewhere ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    hmm so a MFI would out damage full duration VT and SW:P ? That just seems odd to me.. Is there math done on this somewhere ?
    Personally I can't imagine that a mf:i tick would beat a sw application (you could prolly get a sw off before starting the mf:i channel), hell, I seriously doubt that an entire mf:i channel beats a powered up sw. For VT I guess it's a bit more interesting, might math it a bit tomorrow:P.

If you have the le-shen trink, go haste>mast>crit.

I haven't mathed it out I just enjoy MF:I

Definitely refresh SWP when it procs. If you have 3 orbs, then use DP/MFI for the rest and ignore VT. SWP + UVLS is incredibly good, though, and should be used as much as possible on as many targets as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I don't have the trinket but I'd imagine that the follow the priority of DP>SW:P>VT>starting MF:I would be the best.
    In my opinion, it would be more like DP>SWP>MF:I>VT. VT is a great spell, but it pales in comparison to DP+MF:I, and it doesn't interact with crit the way SWP does. Sadly, this situation doesn't happen to me very often.
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2013-06-03 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayturr View Post
    I haven't mathed it out I just enjoy MF:I
    I wish I could do this as well :<
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years