The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Would LFR ret teir chest be better then 522?

I got a teir chest drop from LFR, I play prot pretty much all the time. I run in a 10m guild and run a haste build. So im wondering if the teir 502 ret chest

wowdb.com/items/95910-lightning-emperors-battleplate would be a upgrade compared to

wowdb.com/items/94723-chestplate-of-violent-detonation

battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Hitable/simple

any other critiquing would not be frowned upon

edit: guess i cant post links yet!

If you can maintain the hit/exp caps with the ret chest, you'd pick up 1 socket and native haste over the mastery on the other chest (IIRC, that is the Jinrohk chest with Mast/Hit). This would lose you some mastery for haste, as well as some passive stam/armor/str. Overall it's likely a sidegrade, as 20 ilvl is quite a bit of stats to give up, but if you're all about MOAR HASTE it is the way to go.

Personally I use HC jinrohk chest over 522 ret chest for the same reasons listed above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Just make sure u have 2 tier bonus's at all times. Also people need to stop making threads for each individual problem. We have threads for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Just make sure u have 2 tier bonus's at all times. Also people need to stop making threads for each individual problem. We have threads for this stuff.
    He's prot, so the bonuses wouldn't serve him very well

But yes, there is a "Fix my Tanking" thread that adresses many of these questions either previously or currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Those threads have got so big that is a bit chaotic to find anything in there any more and this is reflected lately by the amount of threads like this one. WTB summary of good points (faq) in first page