Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Game Update Notes - April 30, 2013

At least these are out now before the patch hits...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-April-30-2013

Rather silly that the new dungeon and finale for Flame and Frost is only available until May 12th. After having all this lesser content available for one month at a time, ANet should have remained consistent.

I have come to figure out when they preview saying "we are gonna make X more viable" all they do is increase the health or passive of whatever it was.

Signet passives - lets just buff the effect

Ranger spirits - just give them more health

Mesmer signets - nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mesmer signets - nothing

Signet of Domination skill: Passive power increase now scales from 20-180, up from 10-90.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    Signet of Domination skill: Passive power increase now scales from 20-180, up from 10-90.
    Yes because that fixes the signet effects from being lackluster to begin with. Just like reducing the cast time of mantras fixes their lackluster actives.

cool

This is my favorite:

* It is now possible (but difficult) to catch kegs thrown by Volden.

My favorite:

"Elixikittenll: Now always applies quickness correctly."

*snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes because that fixes the signet effects from being lackluster to begin with. Just like reducing the cast time of mantras fixes their lackluster actives.

cool
    Hey hey now, not everything can BiS, that would defy the laws of natural selection. Some things have to be lackluster to make other things look better

So far my ele is a tad squishier in PvP but I can still survive endlessly 1v1

Deleted
    I took a walk around, spvp is a bit buggy in daily achivement. Balance seems not to be all balance yet :P Fun with player made servers though, but should be able to sort out the ones you cant join, perhaps that's why you add favourites :P
    Grabbed some cash from dyes I sold, then I got error and was kicked out. Might try wvwvw after workout, if my bf runs to sc2 with his brother =)

10+ Year Old Account
    New dungeon is possibly one of the worst in the game. First boss(not champ) was actually really neat. He has a lot of fun aoe mechanics. The rest of the dungeon is just packed with adds. The amount of adds in this dungeon is beyond excessive.

Tested thief in pvp as well, just as predicted burst is still equally high, you just have to follow up with another HS

"It's equally high, I just have to use another skill, meaning it takes longer to kill someone!"

That's what you just said

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I'm really worried about that Warrior trait that deals more damage per boon and the Thief skill to steal 2 boons on you, since my main is a Guardian..But I'll guess I'll see how it goes with time. People are saying the new dungeon is cool but why the heck did they give the gloves reward only to those that have completed all achievements..I wanted those gloves but guess I won't be getting them

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    "It's equally high, I just have to use another skill, meaning it takes longer to kill someone!"

That's what you just said
    I'm talking time not dmg. The difference is instead of using 5>f1>1 (all instants) you now use 5>f1>1>2 which still is instant...

I really liked the last boss of the new dungeon. Its a shame it will be gone in less than a month. Fighting two bosses at the same time was pretty cool, One would fly around AoEing the platform and the other would pick random players to go after and do ground pounds every so often. When i walked to the area which was a huge circular platform i knew immediately that this was a World of Warcraft style fight. The fight even has a few phases of difficulty depending on bosses health and if one boss is dead or not.

The other fight which i liked but i felt could have been a bit more challenging at the start was the fight against the various weapons. It also reminded me of the good old "dont stand in the fire" fights. The only problem is that the mechanics dont really hurt you until the end. Getting hit with a fireball, or getting hit by a tornado of fire or an shockwave didnt do much damage by themselves. Of course at the end of the fight you get everything thrown at you at once and that combination is devestating. There is a way to avoid all if not 90% of the damage in that fight which needs to be fixed, because it kills the spirit of the dungeon, and all the hard work the devs put in.

But bravo Anet, The last fight in that dungeon is putting you one step closer to raid style mechanics, which i like. Nothing i hate more than a boss 1 shotting me with a normal melee swing or a boss doing the same aoe attack over and over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the last boss is really well done. I actually was wiping a few times on it , before i noticed ignoring one of the bosses for too long would cause him to go Berserk, so we were switching every once in a while and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm talking time not dmg. The difference is instead of using 5>f1>1 (all instants) you now use 5>f1>1>2 which still is instant...
    "Another HS" implies you have to add another HS (actually it flat out says that), and last I checked you can't use the same skill twice at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Sorry, english isn't my first language...

Arrow Cart buffssssssss might make them actually worth using. +range is pretty neat.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Something I didn't see in the notes, you can now hide your glove slot like you can your helm and shoulder slot. Also, the Trading Post searching seems to be improved. Only shows what you partially typed even if using multiple words in instead of almost everything.