Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    New dungeon is possibly one of the worst in the game. First boss(not champ) was actually really neat. He has a lot of fun aoe mechanics. The rest of the dungeon is just packed with adds. The amount of adds in this dungeon is beyond excessive.
    I actually liked the new dungeon alot, specially the last boss(es).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I'm really worried about that Warrior trait that deals more damage per boon and the Thief skill to steal 2 boons on you, since my main is a Guardian..But I'll guess I'll see how it goes with time. People are saying the new dungeon is cool but why the heck did they give the gloves reward only to those that have completed all achievements..I wanted those gloves but guess I won't be getting them
    dont be they are still the place they were before the patch

still doing fine in tpvp without the new ahole traits

I like Melandru's new ability People actually need to pay a bit of attention now, oh dear.

@nevermmore what ability are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    long patch notes.
    Still no LFG tool.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    long patch notes.
    Still no LFG tool.
    Apparently a LFG tool is being worked on and will be coming with next month's patch.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Apparently a LFG tool is being worked on and will be coming with next month's patch.
    If this is true, this game will become really great in my book. Especially as their design improves, as people seem to say it has with this latest dungeon, then having an LFG tool is a natural progression to allow more people access to the content available in the game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran the new dungeon yesterday until I got a cramp in my mouse hand lol. Fights are really fun, love the mechanics. Medium difficulty with an experienced group, inexperienced groups will have trouble, gets easier as you learn the fights of course.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post

Good news that they're implementing an LFD feature, I don't use it since I run with my guild but I know it's something requested by people that run guildless or in very small guilds that can't make groups. I think if they'd launched with one it would have been disastrous since these dungeons are very hard for inexperienced players. 5 friends will make an effort to learn the dungeon and see it through, 5 randoms will simply quit.

I found it amusing with all the crying about OMG ele nerfs that the very first shoutcasted match using spectator mode had 2 ele's on their team haha.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I found it amusing with all the crying about OMG ele nerfs that the very first shoutcasted match using spectator mode had 2 ele's on their team haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion
    This combined with the MF change will make it so aura share becomes a lot less viable but the overall state of ele won't change.
    Looks like I'm actually pretty good at predicting the impact of "balance changes"...

They did launch with a LFG feature though.

It's terrible. But it's there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They did launch with a LFG feature though.

It's terrible. But it's there.
    Keep forgetting about that dern thing, lol. Guess it's so bad it's extremely forgettable.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Keep forgetting about that dern thing, lol. Guess it's so bad it's extremely forgettable.
    it's hidden somewhere in the menues and not advertised at all, It could have worked well if it weren't so imho.

Well, having their LFG tool buried in the contacts menu was a one part of the problem. However, actually using the feature reveals how bare-bones & user unfriendly the LFG tool was implemented.

We used it a couple of times in beta. That was the only time I have ever seen another person in the LFG list. And it was the same guy twice. XD

It's nice that Anet are adding these secondary systems incrementally. Though going back to GW1 to present, the studio doesn't exactly nail secondary systems very well. All of Anet's UI and system design is a weird mix of 'information you don't want' and 'not enough information'.

Great gameplay often, can't create a decent chat interface. 9 years running.

All the same, I think the game is doing quite fine with each patch.

How will the new LFG system work? Will it be like WoWs where it finds a group for you and teleports you to the dungeon or will it be one like GW1 where people ask to join and then once the party is formed, you'll decide what to do?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    How will the new LFG system work? Will it be like WoWs where it finds a group for you and teleports you to the dungeon or will it be one like GW1 where people ask to join and then once the party is formed, you'll decide what to do?
    They already have a practically useless LFG, so hopefully it would be one that automatically forms a group based on what you choose. Since classes don't *really* matter, it shouldn't be a problem.
    BAD WOLF

I'm not sure it will auto group you.

If it does I'm not gonna use it, I don't want the same "group" system like pvp (quad necro...)

It better not auto-group.

I liked WoW's system much more when it didn't. Because I'd pay attention to the names of people who invited me and I invited and remembered how people did. This meant that a) I could avoid terrible people, and b) people had a much better incentive to be nice and good, because if you were an ass people simply didn't invite you.

It also helped with a sense of community because you'd see people you'd remembered doing stuff with before and could ask how they were doing, sometimes getting invited to raids and things by people who knew you.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I ran the new dungeon a couple of times. Much improved design over the old ones. Very fun run. Hope this group will be the ones in charge of revamping the current dungeons.

Also ended up selling a couple of my Super Sword Skins and used the gold to buy Rox's Bow and Quiver. Those weapons are very good looking. The detail on them is very nice. Now I'm holding out to see if a dagger will be put into the gem store to buy for my thief.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-05-02 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    New dungeon is possibly one of the worst in the game. First boss(not champ) was actually really neat. He has a lot of fun aoe mechanics. The rest of the dungeon is just packed with adds. The amount of adds in this dungeon is beyond excessive.
    No it was not, it's the same as most other dungeons the only difference is you have to kill these and not just "lol run run run!" though it.