Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Am I the only person who actually liked DS? >_>

    Sure, it was a bit too easy and 4.3 had a massive lack of things to do. But DS itself was a fun raid, I liked the reused wrath setting because it kind of made it feel like it was wrath (my favorite expansion) again. It was a far less boring and bland raid than firelands was.

  2. #2
    I liked Dragon Soul too. I like reusing old areas because it makes it feel like things are still happening in the world rather than "we did stuff last year and then nothing happened there again for the rest of eternity."

    I'm not saying it was the greatest raid of all time, but I did like it well enough. There hasn't been a raid I specifically disliked, to be honest.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  3. #3
    firelands > dragon soul, because heroic rag was better than all 8 bosses put together, stack up and dps/heal....thrilling -.-

  4. #4
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,008
    I liked it the first.... 10-15 times.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  5. #5
    The Patient Dys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    204
    I liked it, but I never farmed it. I'm one of those rare people who used LFR for it's intended purpose, to see the raid, bosses and whatever other content.

  6. #6
    Dragon soul was one of the great raids in this game.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,186
    Dragon Soul is one of my favorite raids, and one of the few I can do over and over again without being bored.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Sure, it was a bit too easy and 4.3 had a massive lack of things to do. But DS itself was a fun raid, I liked the reused wrath setting because it kind of made it feel like it was wrath (my favorite expansion) again. It was a far less boring and bland raid than firelands was.
    Pre-nerf and before it was a year old, DS was fine.

  9. #9
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    282
    Was quite alright, I couldn't stand firelands. Ragnaros and Alysrazor were alright...but the fire theme got dull real real quick fire fire fire and oh look fire fire fire and fire!

    It made DS refreshing, Spine was quite unique, Warmaster thingy was quite enjoyable too. My biggest complain would be how silly Madness was..you just killed tentacles and who can forget the "epic" pixie dust death of big 'ol deathwing :l

    And lawl @ people complaning about old area and whatnot, storywise it made way more sense than conjuring up some other area for the sake of it being a new area. I liked it, felt like the world actually changed abit, not only every 7-8 years.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    When I read DS in the title my first reaction was Nintendo DS, hence why I clicked to post :P
    On topic, I quite liked it too; I never farmed it for weeks however. My guild only managed to scrape Madness after the first nerf though.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  11. #11
    I loved dragon soul :P Raided DS HC after the second week and didn't stop till MoP. Sure, it was a long time, but I honestly liked the raid a lot.
    http://wow-challenge-blog.tumblr.com/ - Challenge completed: 50 90 characters on one account, none bought.

  12. #12
    I liked the setting. It was awesome seeing a raid for once where the bad guy is on the offensive rather than chilling in his lair. But for me, the main weakness was the Madness of Deathwing fight. It SHOULD have been epic. It LOOKED epic. The setting was epic. But it just fell flat for me. Maybe because of the layout of the fight. Do the same thing four times but with one aspect of it getting slightly harder each platform, and then turn and burn between adds and boss at the end. The mechanics of the fight I think were just a letdown for me. It didn't feel like we were fighting Deathing, it felt more like a glorified add fight.

  13. #13
    Dragon soul was terrible.

    - An 8 Boss raid that was supposed to last us a year.
    - Almost all the bosses were reused models (2 even looked the same lol!)
    - Reused locations. Wrath Zones, malagos area, malestrom etc.
    - Sprine was an overall bad encounter. Just fight adds for 10mins and hope your dps can take our that add that you only had a few seconds to dps. You were forced to stack chars with legendary staffs to have a shot.
    - Never actually got to fight Deathwing, another fight where you basically fought adds the entire time.
    - If you were a caster I hope you were lucky enough to get a legendary in firelands, otherwise GL joining a heroic raiding guild.
    - Hunters got screwed during the tier because they were the only ranged without a legendary.


    I mean compared to raids like ICC / Ulduar / ToT etc. I don't see how you can say it was that great. Maybe if the tier only lasted 5 or 6 months I could have lived with DS but to make it the only content for almost a year was just horrible.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    DS wasn't bad, it was just around for far too long.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,138
    I really hate to jump on the bandwagon with the whole "grr I hate Dragonsoul! Worst raid ever!" but I really do hate it and oh god were Spine and Madness a huge let down for an end boss.

  16. #16
    DS was fine except when we got to H spine, then i hated it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Dragon soul was terrible.

    - An 8 Boss raid that was supposed to last us a year.
    - Almost all the bosses were reused models (2 even looked the same lol!)
    - Reused locations. Wrath Zones, malagos area, malestrom etc.
    - Sprine was an overall bad encounter. Just fight adds for 10mins and hope your dps can take our that add that you only had a few seconds to dps. You were forced to stack chars with legendary staffs to have a shot.
    - Never actually got to fight Deathwing, another fight where you basically fought adds the entire time.
    - If you were a caster I hope you were lucky enough to get a legendary in firelands, otherwise GL joining a heroic raiding guild.
    - Hunters got screwed during the tier because they were the only ranged without a legendary.


    I mean compared to raids like ICC / Ulduar / ToT etc. I don't see how you can say it was that great. Maybe if the tier only lasted 5 or 6 months I could have lived with DS but to make it the only content for almost a year was just horrible.
    I played a hunter a mage and a prot warrior (killed with all in seperate groups) on my sv hunter I was third highest on tendon damage under the two rogues in a 25man guild with plenty of staffs. Hunter's didn't get screwed you just had to actually be good (manage your cd's like no other) to get it done.
    Daft Punk Forever!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Sure, it was a bit too easy and 4.3 had a massive lack of things to do. But DS itself was a fun raid, I liked the reused wrath setting because it kind of made it feel like it was wrath (my favorite expansion) again. It was a far less boring and bland raid than firelands was.
    Never heard about anyone else than you.

  19. #19
    I liked pretty much all fights except Deathwing fight himself (both of them).
    But overall I didnt like it because it was way too short, and lasted far too long.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,138
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonapriest93 View Post
    I played a hunter a mage and a prot warrior (killed with all in seperate groups) on my sv hunter I was third highest on tendon damage under the two rogues in a 25man guild with plenty of staffs. Hunter's didn't get screwed you just had to actually be good (manage your cd's like no other) to get it done.
    Hunters were absolute shit in DS, just because you beat a couple of terrible players doesn't magically make them good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •