Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I somewhat liked it at the start, but it was really easy. I raided heroic dragon soul in another guild, and thats when the hatred started. There would be hours of wiping on farm content, all because of a Bug. By the end, Dragon soul became bug central with a bug on almost every boss. I was clearing DS weekly until about two months before the expansion ended. The bugs evolved from the one random falling bug on madness, to a list. Almost every boss had one. They never addressed any of the bugs. I still hear horror stories of players dieing to a bug despite how easy DS is as a whole.

I don't know why people don't understand this yet. People didn't hate DS, they hated doing DS as much as they did.

It was clear that they rushed DS because if you look at that particular raid, compare it to Firelands, and then all the new raids in Mists of Pandaria, it's like night and day. That being said, Cata brought a lot of cool things, like LFR, transmog and void storage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    I'd actually love to see that list. I don't remember anything out of the odd, except of the occasional failure to link yourself to DW before roll, or falling through the platforms on Madness
    Heroic Hagara: The lighting wouldnt chain to a pole properly despite there being 4+ people there.
    Heroic pingpong boss: The ball would go right past the boss or the players, causing it to hit a wall or a mad scramble for the ball.
    Heroic Morchok: Would occasionally be hit by Both stomps despite proper spacing.
    Heroic Blackhorn: Fire would remain the entire time and not slowly vanish during phase two. In fact, it would even spread.
    Heroic Ultraxion: Would die to his massive aoe despite being inside the other realm. "Cause one of the raid members to rage quit because we thought they were messing up".
    Heroic Spine: It would explode the add before you are even at 0% hp on it.
    Heroic Spine: Wouldn't link someone to deathwing despite them being in the hole.
    Blackhorn in general: Would lock you so you could nothing, and would be stuck on the ship when going into spine.

All of these bugs came up by the end of Dragon Souls life span. I encountered each one personally while continuing to farm DS and saw many a bug reports on em as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    We all agree DS was alright.
    If you read the thread you will see about half the replies are calling it the worst raid ever made.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Am I the only person who actually liked DS? >_>
    Yea, you probably are. Dragonsoul had a horrible storyline, boring and far too easy bosses and really really poor design overall. One of the worst instances blizzard has ever made.

The raid was awfull, and Blizzard pretty much agreed by just rushing the thing. They didn't even bother making a good trailer, it looked like it was fan made by some amateur.

I always fell asleep during the Deathwing encounters, I had no choice but to go AFK every time I had to fight him. Or I ended up dead of boredom.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I liked it the first.... 10-15 times.
    This. Same with ICC. I really really liked it the first 10 or 15 times I had to hear Saurfang yammer on for 5 minutes. And the first 10 or 15 times I had to hear LK's RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    DS wasn't bad, it was just around for far too long.
    This is it exactly. The longest break I took from WoW was the month before MoP, because I just didn't want to see DS any more. We even did heroic, and we weren't a heroic raiding guild, because we spent that much time doing it.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    The raids that shipped with Cata were pretty awesome, especially BWD. I didn't care for Firelands nor its gated daily grind. Dragon Soul was the most epic raid experience I've ever been a part of, except possibly for the ICC gunship battle.

Cataclysm overall was very unfairly the victim of a lot of hate from this community. In my opinion it's the best expansion so far (I should note in the name of fairness that I've been unsubbed since a couple of months before Pandaria came out). I levelled multiple alts on both continents and absolutely loved the new lowbie zones (although some of them were better off how they were, namely Eastern Plaguelands). The only gripe I had with Cataclysm was how disorienting Vashj'ir was. I hated that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, you probably are. Dragonsoul had a horrible storyline, boring and far too easy bosses and really really poor design overall. One of the worst instances blizzard has ever made.
    You're coming in around post 70 saying the OP probably is the only person who liked it? The thread says NO!

It wasn't that bad, just too short for how long it was content.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    The raids that shipped with Cata were pretty awesome, especially BWD. I didn't care for Firelands nor its gated daily grind. Dragon Soul was the most epic raid experience I've ever been a part of, except possibly for the ICC gunship battle.

Cataclysm overall was very unfairly the victim of a lot of hate from this community. In my opinion it's the best expansion so far (I should note in the name of fairness that I've been unsubbed since a couple of months before Pandaria came out). I levelled multiple alts on both continents and absolutely loved the new lowbie zones (although some of them were better off how they were, namely Eastern Plaguelands). The only gripe I had with Cataclysm was how disorienting Vashj'ir was. I hated that place.
    Definitely have to disagree. Cataclysm was anything but the best expansion so far. It was great for new characters with the revamped zones (mostly, some revamped zones were pretty lame), but as an overall expansion it didn't actually bring much to the game.

Transmog and Void Storage, as well as LFR, were in the FINAL PATCH. Prior to that we basically got guild perks and no other features whatsoever, which I think was part of the less recognized disappointment.

I thought DS was pretty good too. In particular, I thought the Spine fight was one of the best fights in the game. Madness.....meh, nothing special imho.

But, as others have said, having 7 bosses for that amount of time was..........just too much.

Eh, I liked DS. I liked leading the raid and going with a fantastic group of people, but it got old fast :/

the only things I disliked about DS were the Ultraxian trash and the fact that it took so long to get any new content afterwards
    there were some fun fights, a decent story (not the best in warcraft but not the worst) and we got to fight on the back of a huge dragon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    firelands > dragon soul, because heroic rag was better than all 8 bosses put together, stack up and dps/heal....thrilling -.-
    Agreed. Firelands was pretty good, but Dragon soul wasn't too bad, either...

10+ Year Old Account
    My feelings towards Dragonsoul were more of disappointment than distaste. I felt it was a real let-down for being the final raid of the expansion with the ultimate boss. Most of the bosses I had never heard of and had no idea who they were, what they were doing there, why we were fighting them, etc; although many WoW bosses don't get backstories and explanations in-game, you can usually infer at least their relevance to the instance. The whole thing just felt really hacked together to me.

I also really disliked Spine and Madness, which of course are supposed to be the "final boss" fights. I was just expecting so much more and instead the both ended up just ended up being "repeat the same thing X times" kind of thing which made a fight I was really looking forward to as an epic experience result in something not just disapointing but dull. The other bosses were fine, and I actually liked Skittles and Ultraxion.

So it was a lot about context. TOC, for example, was a catch-up raid. I don't think it was a super great raid, but we did it in conjunction with Ulduar (we were still finishing our healer mace) and it was a good farm instance for alts, and it had it's place in the game. I wasn't expecting epic from the filler raid between Ulduar and ICC. I was from the final raid of Cataclysm.

The lack of bosses and the duration of the tier was an issue, but not why I disliked it. I was already unhappy with the place only weeks into the instance.

Objectively, it wasn't terrible and I can see why some people might have liked it (worth noting: I think it was great as an LFR raid) but to me the bitter disappointment of it hurt my opinion of it quite a bit.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-04-30 at 10:18 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Probably one of the worst raids Blizzard has came up with, besides the rehash of Naxxramas.

Deleted
    1st couple runs it was alright. I love raiding, I raid daily on 3 chars, but going to DS after clearing it (very rapidly for that matter) became nothing but a chore.

I least I know now that if I feel the same any tier to just take a break and wait for it.

I liked DS primarily because it was the first raid I've EVER been able to do at it' in game introduction. Usually I'm about an expansion or two behind 'cause I don't have the time to build gear up to see these raids. Thanks to LFR, I was able to see it while it was new and ever ATTEMPT to get gear that was useful (I never got anything lol). I like that it was split into two halves. I didn't care much for the first half, I just wanted to experience Deathwing eat preverbal(is that the right word/spelling?) pavement.

Deleted
    i liked it overall less then ICC.

however DS and ICC had the same problem, they both lasted too long. especially DS which was quite easy compared too older tiers, making it farm quite quickly for most higher end raiding guilds.