Poll: In your opinion, what is the best expansion pack?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In your opinion, what is the best expansion pack?

I feel that the WoW community should end the debate on "What is the best WoW expansion" by taking a poll to discover which expansion people enjoyed the most.

The best expansion pack is an expansion that has yet to come out.

EDIT: Also, there is no point in this poll because it doesn't end the debate. There is no ending to it.
    And this is a fansite with about .001% of the WoW community on it. You would have to get all 9+ million people voting, which is impossible.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-04-30 at 08:16 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I would say that MoP and Wotlk are about equal :P, but MoP is slightly ahead since I love monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The best expansion pack is an expansion that has yet to come out.

EDIT: Also, there is no point in this poll because it doesn't end the debate. There is no ending to it.
    And this is a fansite with about .001% of the WoW community on it. You would have to get all 9+ million people voting, which is impossible.
    It's not okay for people to like different expansions? I don't think he made this thread to get conclusive evidence on what expansion is the best. It's a matter of preference.

Deleted
    Personally, I voted for MoP because I have been here for all of it so far.
    Wrath is a very very tight 2nd because I unfortunately had to take a break due to RL issues just a week or two before Ulduar hit and I was gutted I missed it for progress but I am certain if I had been active properly for Ulduar it would have been my top choice.. Oh well!
    TBC was not bad by any means, although a lot of the changes made between then and now have been for the better (by far)..
    Cata I am not a hater of, I really enjoyed the first couple of Raid Tiers but I think like a lot have said before, the lack of a brand new continent was something that was maybe a bad choice.. Not that the zones were bad at all, just prefer them all in one place

This is my opinion, and, probably a good few won't agree.

Deleted
    Do not come up with Vanilla... Now. There is 2 kinds of people: the ones with nostaligia and the ones who say Vanilla is no expansion (which is true).

I like Wotlk a lot, since everything was easy imo, there were some bits where you had to pull up your sleeve and that was it! I like it. I love cata playing a warrior tank, rotation was smooth as a knife slicing in a cup of butter.. hmm hmm. I quit in MoP, no debate about that from my opinion. MoP hasn't even ended so you couldn't really put a poll-option for that.

Wrath of the Lich King all the way !

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    It's not okay for people to like different expansions? I don't think he made this thread to get conclusive evidence on what expansion is the best. It's a matter of preference.
    I never said it's not okay for people to like different expansions. You're taking my words and twisting them.

I never said it's not okay for people to like different expansions. You're taking my words and twisting them.
    You said the poll was pointless because it doesn't end the debate. All I was saying is "Why does there have to be a debate?"

Deleted
    You said the poll was pointless because it doesn't end the debate. All I was saying is "Why does there have to be a debate?"
    No way in hell you getting out for taking wrong what he said. Admit your mistake man.

And he is right .. which is what I would have written if he hadn't.

There will no ending debate on this matter because there will NEVER be a 100% liked expansion/wow's period.

Some will say classic , tbc , wotlk , cata and some mop.

Now the problem behind these polls is .. that it always ends with tbc/wotlk fans fighting against anyone saying that their expansion isn't the best.

Ergo .. lots of flames and trolling.

You said the poll was pointless because it doesn't end the debate.
    Yeah, so? That doesn't mean people can't have different opinions. It just means that it's pointless to have a poll because all it creates is a pissing match of people who don't like other people's opinions.

All I was saying is "Why does there have to be a debate?"
    You did not say that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need to have one of these threads once every few days?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    No way in hell you getting out for taking wrong what he said. Admit your mistake man.

And he is right .. which is what I would have written if he hadn't.

There will no ending debate on this matter because there will NEVER be a 100% liked expansion/wow's period.

Some will say classic , tbc , wotlk , cata and some mop.

Now the problem behind these polls is .. that it always ends with tbc/wotlk fans fighting against anyone saying that their expansion isn't the best.

Ergo .. lots of flames and trolling.
    That's what I said. He said you couldn't end the debate because you can't get the 9 million on the site to all vote. I'm saying you can't end the debate because there is no debate. People like different things.

I am sure the older raiders will say BC and the new kids gonna pick wotlk, me personaly liked both, bc was when I really got in to raiding and made real good friends and wrath is because I was in a good raiding guild and got to see all the content when they were new.

Deleted
    That's what I said. He said you couldn't end the debate because you can't get the 9 million on the site to all vote. I'm saying you can't end the debate because there is no debate. People like different things.
    Seems you cant get the fact that you are saying exactly what he and I said. The point I made was that you started with a wrong remark on his reply putting words in his mouth that hadn't been said.

Anyways.. let's see how well this will go .

Yeah, so? That doesn't mean people can't have different opinions. It just means that it's pointless to have a poll because all it creates is a pissing match of people who don't like other people's opinions.

You did not say that at all.
    If you didn't get "Why does there have to be a debate" from "It's a matter of preference, there's no point in even arguing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 04:11 PM ----------

Seems you cant get the fact that you are saying exactly what he and I said. The point I made was that you started with a wrong remark on his reply putting words in his mouth that hadn't been said.

Anyways.. let's see how well this will go .
    He said there was no point in the poll because you can't get every subscriber to vote on it. Read his post.

If you didn't get "Why does there have to be a debate" from "It's a matter of preference, there's no point in even arguing.

He said there was no point in the poll because you can't get every subscriber to vote on it. Read his post.
    The OP is the one who first said debate, I was fucking going off of him. Can you fucking read? He said debate, I just went with it. If you want to argue there is no debate then take it up with the OP, not me.

Deleted

This is what I am talking about ... seems you cant remember what you wrote. Don't try to hide things .

In any case i'm not interested in other's mistake. Let the fanatics flame here .. no need to add more to it.

This is what I am talking about ... seems you cant remember what you wrote. Don't try to hide things .

In any case i'm not interested in other's mistake. Let the fanatics flame here .. no need to add more to it.
    You're not interested but you're going to comment on everything I say.

Wrath of the Lich King, no contest. It improved all aspects from the Burning Crusade in so many ways, and yes even raiding (because it was accesible for everyone, yet still keeping the challenge for the hardcore raiders).

WotLK has the best:

Zones
    Quests (trough its the same as MoP)
    Raids
    Dungeons
    Story

As a whole, I'd say: WotLK > MoP > TBC > vanilla >>>>>>>> Cata

TBC had very much potential to beat MoP, but overall MoP executed their stuff better. Than again, its a 2007 game vs a 2012 game :S

I like all of them but I think WoTLK, TBC(I started in) and MoP are pretty close in my book.