Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    cept swifty doesn't PVE.. by his own admission he doesn't really even like PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by FKNL View Post
    Now they just need to pick up Swifty and its the dream team
    ...........lol

Quote Originally Posted by FKNL View Post
    Now they just need to pick up Swifty and its the dream team
    I don't want to start the swifty hate all over again but all he has are good ideas and the ability to promote them. He is a good player but by no means amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I don't want to start the swifty hate all over again but all he has are good ideas and the ability to promote them. He is a good player but by no means amazing.
    He's good, he's funny and his stuff has definite entertainment value. IMO, if you've never seen a Swifty video then take a few, sit back and enjoy - good dude. He's not PVE - except when there's a BiS in a raid. I don't see any reason for Swifty hate. If anything, his stuff has helped promote our class (and yes, get it nerfed lol). Long live Swifty.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bud does his video editing for him and he isn't a bad guy. When you watch him, you just have to take him for what he is, and that is not an expert player. Great entertainer.

On topic, sad to hear that sinner. If you want a more casual environment, hit me up (hehe). And when I saw Landsoul made the switch, it kind of made me sad. I don't know why, but I always pulled for Vodka. Probably because I am an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Appolyon View Post
    He's good, he's funny and his stuff has definite entertainment value. IMO, if you've never seen a Swifty video then take a few, sit back and enjoy - good dude. He's not PVE - except when there's a BiS in a raid. I don't see any reason for Swifty hate. If anything, his stuff has helped promote our class (and yes, get it nerfed lol). Long live Swifty.
    Swifty is definitely an entertainer. But then who isn't who's popular. I definitely don't think he's an amazazing PvP'er though he's certainly not bad at all either. And I love his Razer promotions and I honestly can't say I like any warrior video better than I like his second Incredible Warrior Tricks.

P.S. Hello fellow Arizonan!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appolyon View Post
    Landsoul, Sinnermighty and Soy.... man, what a stack. If they ever bring our class back to a more competitive state, bosses should just fall over (faster than they are now).

I'd swear there's some WoW law against monopolies. LOL

Gratz and good luck to Blood Legion!
    Haha

Landsoul is going to teach their whole guild a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Haha

Landsoul is going to teach their whole guild a thing or two
    I doubt it.

Welcome to the life of being casual, Sinner. No regrets about missing this last tier of raiding. Finishing with vodka in T14 was all she wrote for me

Who cares about Fury Warriors anyway? As long as you have one that won't mess up Skull Banner you are good to go, fill the rest with Lock, Mages and Boomkins, and if you do need melee, bring a rogue..

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Landsoul is the DPS warrior from vodka and made famous because of his spreadsheet (aswell as being an overall badass) I have no idea who sinnermighty is.
    A spreadsheet that hasn't existed so far in MOP, and will be most likely useless when it finally arrives, as 6.0 will be around the corner, and he will have to start from scratch.

We're forced to use simcraft, which is progressing nicely for warriors if I might add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    A spreadsheet that hasn't existed so far in MOP, and will be most likely useless when it finally arrives, as 6.0 will be around the corner, and he will have to start from scratch.

We're forced to use simcraft, which is progressing nicely for warriors if I might add.
    He wrote his own simulator for the spreadsheet this time so that's why its taking so long (plus prog and moving) but it shouldn't require so much time to update it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    This guy, get him in the big time.
    eso's guild is merging with skill banner because 10 man loot is horrid.

#avast banner (make it happen)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    kaywarrior is a better dps/tank/warrior overall than all of those 3 combined, just sayin'
    He has been pretty slack this expansion, but could only ever really compete in dragon soul with having tricks / unholy frenzy / DI stacked on him : > Haven't really been seeing him anywhere near the top on prot warriors so far

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    He has been pretty slack this expansion, but could only ever really compete in dragon soul with having tricks / unholy frenzy / DI stacked on him : > Haven't really been seeing him anywhere near the top on prot warriors so far
    I think Kay switched to a Prot Paladin this tier named Kayslam; Exodus also had private logs for most of progression. Beside that however, damage as a tank is primarily dependent on what strategies a guild uses and how the tanks allocate vengeance so I don't think that's really the most accurate criterion of who's the best tank.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    He wrote his own simulator for the spreadsheet this time so that's why its taking so long (plus prog and moving) but it shouldn't require so much time to update it in the future.

eso's guild is merging with skill banner because 10 man loot is horrid.

#avast banner (make it happen)
    Would love to believe that but the same idea was suggested at the end of Cata, that it wouldn't take much tinkering to adapt the spreadsheet for 5.0. 9 months later and no sign of it.

Plus we have no idea what will happen in 6.0 to combat mechanics. Could be the big item squish which would probably coincide with significant combat mechanic changes.

Warriors really need a high end theorycrafter in a high end guild to step up and take over where Landsoul left off. A quick browse at the Elitist Jerks forums for Warriors is so pathetic compared to the resources and community drive the other class forums are afforded
    Last edited by Crushima; 2013-05-02 at 03:06 PM.

IMO theorycrafting isn't quite so much of an inner circle anymore, years ago it was a very small handful of people mathing it out but now it seems more widespread. Everybody has the tools needed to theorycraft for yourself now and most of the "best" players do and have done for a while, so I don't think missing any individuals will impact us at all. Not diminishing the work people have done for the community but I just don't think we are as reliant on them as we used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapterhouse View Post
    I think Kay switched to a Prot Paladin this tier named Kayslam; Exodus also had private logs for most of progression. Beside that however, damage as a tank is primarily dependent on what strategies a guild uses and how the tanks allocate vengeance so I don't think that's really the most accurate criterion of who's the best tank.
    Oh strategy does have a part to play in it sure, however given the amount of damage tanks do relative to the rest of the raid, being able to put out the numbers certainly IS a very important part of the role now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    IMO theorycrafting isn't quite so much of an inner circle anymore, years ago it was a very small handful of people mathing it out but now it seems more widespread. Everybody has the tools needed to theorycraft for yourself now and most of the "best" players do and have done for a while, so I don't think missing any individuals will impact us at all. Not diminishing the work people have done for the community but I just don't think we are as reliant on them as we used to be.
    Do keep in mind that theory crafters develop/help develop the tools we use. If the theory crafters go away, the tools will not be maintained/optimal

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Oh strategy does have a part to play in it sure, however given the amount of damage tanks do relative to the rest of the raid, being able to put out the numbers certainly IS a very important part of the role now
    While this seems sound, it doesn't akways work out that way. During progression it may very well be that you put your warrior into 'only taunt to get the debuff' mode, to have your other tank get as much vengeance as possible. Depending on the class of the other tanj he will put out significantly more damage than the warrior.

I am very good at DPSing as a blood DK, I try to allocate as much vengeance to myself as possible during progression, it makes me do a tin more damage than my offtank would o if he was in my shoes. Sad, but it is the truth.

Deleted
    We run with Prot Warrior / DK, both with pretty good track records :P I usually end up taking the debuffs as when we are both pushing our DPS is fairly similar with mine being ever so slightly ahead
    Unless your OT is a druid I would start to be a bit worried pickwickman =s